Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is one of the reasons we didn't go to 9. Money left on the table isn't how Sankey is wired...
My understanding is Sankey really wants to go to 9, but most of the schools aren't going to agree to it until he gets them more money. The way the current contract is set up, they don't get paid more for playing 9 conference games. Like you said in a previous post, they'd ultimately lose some money. So until Sankey secures a new contract guaranteeing the schools more money, there's no real incentive to do it. They're not going to give ESPN a free conference game.

Reactions: hooter vol
Can you give a car analogy? Say the boat your wanted us equivalent to a Rolls Royce. What is the Bali equivalent to?
The boat is nice. As a builder you look with a critical eye. The sleeping cabins are air conditioned bt the main salon isn't. One cool feature of this boat is the whole back wall raises like a garage door.

The biggest difference in the two boats is that this one is a sail cat. It has two 35HP diesel engines. The power cat had two 275HP diesel engines. The cruise on this one is 6-7 knots. The cruise on the power cat is 15 knots. Also, the power cat was 5' longer so it had much more space. It was also wider. The power cat had a huge sectional with dining table on the fly bridge. Also, a nice sectional on the rear deck as well. It was definitely a downgrade to this one.

Then you consider the ropes everywhere on this sail cat.

Eh... That can work against you too.

Iirc, if no divisions, we likely play Florida in 95, 96, 98, 01 for the sec. Rematches can but you in the butt.

But, I do like the idea of the 2 best teams playing. So it is what it is.
Works both ways though. Wouldn’t we have loved a 2nd shot at UGA last year on a neutral field? Kirby prepared for our offense more than just the week played them. He had a good game plan, but Heupel would have made adjustments to what we saw at UGA. Would it have mattered? Idk, would have been really, really tough without Hendon. But it would have been the 2 best teams playing at least.

Last edited:
My understanding is Sankey really wants to go to 9, but most of the schools aren't going to agree to it until he gets them more money. The way the current contract is set up, they don't get paid more for playing 9 conference games. Like you said in a previous post, they'd ultimately lose some money. So until Sankey secures a new contract guaranteeing the schools more money, there's no real incentive to do it. They're not going to give ESPN a free conference game.
Just do away with conferences...........Conference championships don't matter anymore..

130 + independents. Let the schools negotiate their own TV deals and set their own schedules.:oops:

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Went to see the Savannah Bananas last night in Nashville...............

Fun for about an hour....but 3 hrs of "Globetrotters on dirt" is a tad much. :rolleyes:

My son is dying to see them….. I didn’t think they could do their antics on road games.

The current model is only for '2024. Even though Texas and Oklahoma had reps at this week's meetings, they had no say/voting power. That will happen when they are full-fledged members. Eventually there will be a nine game schedule imo.

It's great for kids.......No doubt.

They played the "Party Animals." They are strictly an Exhibition Team now.......traveling from city to city.
That’s good to hear…. They come nearby here sometimes but they use to not be allowed to do it…. He would love it but it will definitely get old after awhile.

Reactions: peaygolf
Eh... That can work against you too.

Iirc, if no divisions, we likely play Florida in 95, 96, 98, 01 for the sec. Rematches can but you in the butt.

But, I do like the idea of the 2 best teams playing. So it is what it is.

Going to be some heartbreaking tiebreakers eventually though with 16 teams involved. There'll be 3 teams at 7-1 or 1 at 8-0 and 2 teams at 7-1 that didn't play each other. What then? It could get interesting.

View attachment 554478
Cool model train event at Mini Dome today, if you morans want to take the kids.
Went to a pontiac car show in Pigeon Forge today. A guy from JC brought the best car down. At first he said it wasnt for sale, then he said "everything's for sale". . . a guy next to me offered him $125k, he said he need closer to $300k 👀. I took a video, ill upload it and show it later.

It's all about money in the end. They don't want to give ESPN an extra conference game for free. If/when ESPN agrees to add a lot more money to the TV contract, we'll probably see a 9-game conference schedule.
If it just comes down to tv contracts, then eff it. Let's go to 12 games...no 15. Play every single team. The conference and schools will make BILLIONS!! Then college football will be good! 😒😒

Last edited:
The boat is nice. As a builder you look with a critical eye. The sleeping cabins are air conditioned bt the main salon isn't. One cool feature of this boat is the whole back wall raises like a garage door.

The biggest difference in the two boats is that this one is a sail cat. It has two 35HP diesel engines. The power cat had two 275HP diesel engines. The cruise on this one is 6-7 knots. The cruise on the power cat is 15 knots. Also, the power cat was 5' longer so it had much more space. It was also wider. The power cat had a huge sectional with dining table on the fly bridge. Also, a nice sectional on the rear deck as well. It was definitely a downgrade to this one.

Then you consider the ropes everywhere on this sail cat.
I think things happen for a reason. I bet you end up doing or seeing something cool you wouldnt have on the other boat.

Going to be some heartbreaking tiebreakers eventually though with 16 teams involved. There'll be 3 teams at 7-1 or 1 at 8-0 and 2 teams at 7-1 that didn't play each other. What then? It could get interesting.
SEC Playoff? SEC Champ game is already the real National Title game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back