Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have to wonder how much further this can could possibly be kicked down the road.

Dobbs has yet to be given a chance. At least let him look bad on the field if you want to say he's trash. All you can say right now is no staff has thought he was good enough to play. Which is a fair point. But just remember nobody thought he was good enough to play at Tennessee either until all the QBs ahead of him got hurt forcing him on the field. And as they say, the rest is history.

Dobbs has simply not been lucky in the NFL to get playing time due to injury. We'll see if he finally gets luck on his side with the Titans.

Reactions: you and bigl3327
You hear why he might have depression?
Nope.... It apparently was first noticed at LSU, but of course, he transferred. Now the same things are being said at UGA. They gave him personal time last season to get things sorted, but like I said, I don't know if anyone tried to help him get help. Now, they say he's having the same issues. I made the straitjacket joke earlier, but in all seriousness, it's really sad. It seems like it's going untreated.

For a boy:

Luke Albee Lowe
It'd be funny when you yell his name and people kinda duck their heads and look up.

Eubie Sosa Lowe
You can yell his full name when you want him to hurry up.

Or there's always Barry Manny Lowe.

Or whatever, just give him the nickname Jiggy.

For a girl:
Yeah, I got nuthin. I thought about Buffy but it might no work out that well if she turns out to be kinda big-boned.
😂

Us who? Us fans? The same ones that dogged Crompton for years? The same fans that dogged him last year for his drops? Ask his teammates about him, what do they say. I’m sure nothing but good things. Here we are, the h athletic types not giving our all to our companies most likely by wasting our time pissing and moaning about a kid sitting out a bowl game that doesn’t mean a hill of beans.

A guy that worked out a NIl deal for his teammates families to have a room for their families to come watch them play in that same bowl game. To have the audacity to call that young man a bad teammate is mind boggling to me.
Why do you even watch? The only reason ANY of these guys get a damn penny from playing a damn game is because of US...maybe not you, since nothing matters to you...piss off.

Not the choice I would make. I would do the Darnell Wright thing.

However, you do realize it is exactly what Heup encourages them to do, right? Analyze all aspects of their individual situation, get input from credible sources, make a decision that is right for the player. He wants them all to go on to big careers and making the money. He has said that repeatedly in interviews.

There are things we don't know. For one people are forgetting (conveniently) that he is nicked up and recovering physically. He may also be dialoging with intermediaries. There are teams who probably have draft plans for him. The risk for injury is high for a receiver. He gave his all for Tennessee. This is a big bowl, but it's not the playoffs. Like it or not there is more of a business decision involved than yesteryear.
Who is nicked up? Since when is Hyatt "nicked up"?

I know I should clear my notifications, but....

QBKlqC7.gif

I think we have to see a new metric in this new age of recruiting plus portal to truly understand the health of a program. An obvious reason is looking at A&Ms #1 class last year, is it number 1 now? How about transfers, how do we figure them in properly.

I suggest there needs to be a rolling 2 year metric based of transfers out, recruits in, and transfers in. That would give you a better indication of the stability of a program. Probably wouldn’t have final ranking until July and August of each year.

Thoughts?
@ 8:28 PM ET last night, I had no thoughts. I was drunk. Just sayin'.

DL Daevin Hobbs .9779
DL Chandavian Bradley .9677
DL Caleb Herring .9646
DL Tyree Weathersby .9030

DL Nathan Robinson .8828
ATH Trevor Duncan .8747

LB Arion Carter .9329
LB Jalen Smith .8921
LB Jeremiah Telander .8739

CB Jordan Matthews .9286
CB Rickey Gibson .9060

CB Christian Conyer .8825
S John Slaughter .8803
S Jack Luttrell .8653

This defensive recruiting class, especially the DL, is awesome

BIG DOGS on the DL, I can't wait to see them eat

Very true. Over the past 15 years, how many of those “lower rated players “ would have been our top recruits? 😎

I see a big defensive turnaround coming next season.
If we just keep the offensive production close to this year then obviously:

15-0 🤠

The Orange Bowl will tell us about our future offense. Will be nice to see.

OT Sham Umarov .9063
OT Andrej Karic .8900
OT Larry Johnson III .8772
OL Vysen Lang .8703
OT Ayden Bussel .8697

QB Nicholaus Iamaleava .9972

RB Khalifa Keith .8803
RB DeSean Bishop .8533

TE Ethan Davis .9442
TE McCallan Castles .8884

WR Nathan Leacock .9506
ATH Cam Seldon .9472

WR Nate Spillman .8514

fun toys for Heupel, and big boys on the line that will only get better by playing the beastly DL in practice

My statement for the defensive haul today stands for the offensive side as well.
Awesome signing day for our Vols!

Is there a chance that the Titans could draft HH? Also DW? They should just take all the draft eligible Tennessee players and build a local dynasty.

Can a player opt out of the draft and just go sign with a team? If so, the Titans should just contact every Tennessee player that’s planning on entering the draft and sign them at their projected draft position. Would immediately make the Titans a better team.

As a side note, I don’t care about pro ball except for how Tennessee players perform…

Very true. Over the past 15 years, how many of those “lower rated players “ would have been our top recruits? 😎

I see a big defensive turnaround coming next season.
If we just keep the offensive production close to this year then obviously:

15-0 🤠

The Orange Bowl will tell us about our future offense. Will be nice to see.

Anything close will be a miracle on offense. Inconsistency will hurt the Vols next season.

If the defense doesent turn around at any point next season or the following one Tim Banks needs to rent.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I anticipate UT with Nico being in that 12 team playoff in 2024. I don’t care as much about the 2023 win-loss record as much as beating Georgia at all costs. To take the next step, Tennessee simply must defeat Georgia on the field. That is the final monkey to get off our backs.

So, when we go 15-0 🤠in 2023, that will include the beating of uga as you desire.

Hopefully you get your wish.53D930F0-09DB-4F58-8863-4A890CC3EEA5.jpegAE0E79D8-0E21-4D86-807F-0E79752BE216.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back