Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can guarantee that if he came here he would be a problem in the locker room?
I can guarantee that he would rarely be in the locker room, or the film room, or the meeting room.... just his dorm room. Apparently, dude suffers from severe depression or something similar. I don't know if anyone has tried to make sure that he gets help, but he's an adult and ultimately it's up to him.

You never want to put freshmen out there before they're ready. It can stunt their development.

There are probably some guys that need to be pushed out of the nest to make room for better.
I agree with your point about freshmen, but this roster needed a serious boost in athleticism on defense and that's what they did. If you push guys out, you still have to replace them if you don't want to play freshmen, and a bunch of portal guys are not guarantees. Especially when it comes to the established culture they're trying to maintain. Starters are you leaders, and that's too many wild cards. These coaches are banking on their own abilities as developers.

I have sat thru 10+ years of playing young talent for the future. The future never turns out as planned. Play the best you got and if the are freshman, so be it. If not, they can develop in practice and film study.

Agreed but I think our best option for several positions will be/are 1st or 2nd year players. We have to trust them and let them play through mistakes. If it was up to me, I'm giving all 3 freshmen corners every opportunity to win the starter corner spots (for example).

Also our best edge guys next year will be 2nd year players and West should be in the 2 deep at SDE.

He's getting his own position actually. He'll line up behind the TE/OT and be a slotback. Part slot receiver and part RB. It will force defenses to stack up in funky ways and cause all sorts of traffic messes as Cam runs wide open.
Can’t wait!

Oh boy get ready. @sjt18 will be in here soon to tell you that stars don’t matter. Others will say the same thing. Of course those people will just ignore the fact that the teams that win at the highest level have the most 4 and 5*s and the least amount of 3*s.
No. We will point out... again... that you think the cart pulls the horse. That somehow Saban wins not because he finds, recruits, and signs great talent but rather because he has a subscription to 247 and waits for them to hand out 5*.

And of course you will completely ignore the FACT that those stars don't seem to matter nearly so much when you get past a handful of teams. After those first 4 or 5 programs you have teams with supposedly the 30th best talent winning a conference and getting in the playoff ahead of teams with top 10 talent.

I mean look at our 23 class. While I love the class we have 12 3* players. For reference, Bama, UGA, OSU and Clemson have 12 total.
Yeah. And before the recruiting sites figured out that Dabo knew talent and was building a championship roster... his classes averaged 11th when he won the first championship.

Your take on this is so stupid you should be embarrassed. Instead, you keep pushing the same non-sense over and over.

Don't say you "love" this class hypocrite. Grow a spine and be consistent.

Hilarious how mad yall get when someone says we need better recruits, that we need less 3 star players and more 4 and 5 star players. Facts prove this. Yet people use outliers as the norm and then get mad when the team isn't performing like they think it should lol.
The coach that raises UT or any other program into the top tier will do a great job of finding 3* with actual 4/5* talent. The joke is that folks think that teams are going to claw their way to the top taking players targeted by Bama et al who are bumped in the rankings precisely BECAUSE they were targeted by those "top" programs.

Hahah it’s mostly beard.
Congrats man !!!! Your whole world changed for the better today. My only suggestions to you is let them grow into who they are and not what you imagined, always remember they will copy everything you do and never miss a ball practice, school play, recital, or anything they feel is special because those are the moments you can't get back and are the most memorable.

So are we in the run for any kids the rate announcing in Jan/Feb? I know the portal is a different situation. I’d love to see another tight end and safety.

So you can guarantee that if he came here he would be a problem in the locker room?
LSU
UF
Georgia

Three schools since 2020……He’s touring the SEC. I wouldn’t touch him.
Rumors of some mental issues…..No matter what happens, I hope he gets help if needed. That is serious stuff……

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back