Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is starting to feel eerily like groundhog day from last summer--- we are hot and in the lead or top two on a ton of high-tier recruits and slowly but surely the shine wears off of us and they commit to other schools. I hope this doesn't repeat itself this year... Lots of time left and we are in great spots still on a lot of kids, so hopefully this is it... the Fountain one tho is a head scratcher, especially after the crystal ball...

In before "NIL did it" because we have just as good or better NIL than anyone in the country... whether and how we choose to use it is on us...

Know your place or does he have a legit case🤔

This is a weird situation. A BC Lions player said Kongbo quit because he dropped in the depth chart. And the BC Lions are one of the best franchises in the CFL. At the same time, Kongbo is an accomplished Canadian football player - he has two Grey Cups. He played well enough in CFL to earn a roster spot in the NFL with the Broncos. The BC Lions were his hometown team so IDK why he'd nuke his opportunity to be home. I also don't seen why the Lions would trade him just for falling down the depth chart because he'd in the least be good depth.

Long story short: 🤷🏼‍♂️

This is starting to feel eerily like groundhog day from last summer--- we are hot and in the lead or top two on a ton of high-tier recruits and slowly but surely the shine wears off of us and they commit to other schools. I hope this doesn't repeat itself this year... Lots of time left and we are in great spots still on a lot of kids, so hopefully this is it... the Fountain one tho is a head scratcher, especially after the crystal ball...

In before "NIL did it" because we have just as good or better NIL than anyone in the country... whether and how we choose to use it is on us...
money bru

Rumors that GA boosters bought Dylan Raiola parents a house in Gainesville, GA.
After his dad’s 14 year NFL career I’d be surprised if they are swayed by a house in Gainesville, GA. They may have bought it themselves.

I’d imagine being back-to-back National Champions and Matthew Stafford being his godfather had more to do with it.

After his dad’s 14 year NFL career I’d be surprised if they are swayed by a house in Gainesville, GA. They may have bought it themselves.

I’d imagine being back-to-back National Champions and Matthew Stafford being his godfather had more to do with it.
1686011068306.gif

It is funny that both fan bases think the NCAA is going to screw them by picking the other.

why not have Texas, Texas A&M (should they win tonight) , Tennessee and Southern Miss all go somewhere somewhat neutral? Make no one happy.

Somewhere nicer than Hattiesburg.
Memphis, Detroit, Beirut, Tripoli, etc
What's the criteria for who gets the super? NCAA just picks randomly, or something objective?

Being 4 times larger of a city doesn't generate revenue for NCAA. its butts in the seats, and its even.
Don't schools keep the actual ticket revenue? Either way, that money is a small percentage of their total revenue from a game, I seriously doubt they care either way on ticket revenue. And if they did, Tennessee could command a much higher ticket price. Whether I'm right or wrong on who keeps ticket revenue, Tennessee could charge more and still fill the stadium.

Reactions: SoilVol
What's the criteria for who gets the super? NCAA just picks randomly, or something objective?
Well, in football, as you know, there were specific criteria announced by the committee itself -- and then ignored by them. They invented new completely ad hoc criteria on the spot very late, specifically with respect to lowering us and promoting AL.

In baseball, I think the committee somewhat less dishonestly just does what it wants. Supposedly there are some benchmarks with respect to the top 16 seeds. They don't rank seeds after that.

Don't schools keep the actual ticket revenue? Either way, that money is a small percentage of their total revenue from a game, I seriously doubt they care either way on ticket revenue. And if they did, Tennessee could command a much higher ticket price. Whether I'm right or wrong on who keeps ticket revenue, Tennessee could charge more and still fill the stadium.

I’m pretty sure the NCAA generates most of the revenue. The school is just the host. Just like the NBA playoffs.

There is no real objective measure. They look at financial factors, accommodations, maybe team resumes, and the all important crowd control.

Edit: Apparently, the NBA has recently reduced their take in the playoffs to allow playoff teams to get rewarded. I’m kind of speculating, but the NCAA is guaranteed money from the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthVol1
I’m pretty sure the NCAA sets prices and generates most of the revenue. The school is just the host. Just like the NBA playoffs.

There is no real objective measure. They look at financial factors, accommodations, maybe team resumes, and the all important crowd control.

They forgot the accommodation factor in Lexington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back