Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild. And just read this:
"recent dialogue with Messi's representatives has involved senior figures in the Saudi government, such is their commitment to securing one of the greatest footballers in history. Messi could earn €1 billion over a two year contract in the Saudi Pro League and would be joining Cristiano Ronaldo who signed with the league in January and Karim Benzema, whose move to champions Al Ittihad is imminent."
Unthinkable money right there. I don’t think Messi goes there though… yet. He still wants to play Champions League and Saudi pro league isn’t sanctioned with UEFA to play it. He’s going back to Barcelona most likely. But in 1-2 years? I bet he goes.

Reactions: Wadetime
Those guys could make that much anywhere. It's a world sport. They don't have to sell out to get that kind of bank.
They won’t get anywhere close to that kind of money. Messi’s biggest contract was something like $600M over 4 years. Saudi contract is $500M PER year.

Last edited:
If we can’t beat them 2/3 in hattiesburg we weren’t gonna make any noise in Omaha anyways that’s how I look at it. I think we’ll be just fine
yeah, and i don't mean this to disrespect USM, but there's no reason we can't win 2 gamed down there......a lot of the issues we were having, especially defensively, seem to be resolved. and when we've lost games in the last month, it's not been because we beat ourselves, which we did a lot early in the year.

the only thing that gives me pause at this point is what we saw happen against aTm in Hoover....pitching while good, can be inconsistent. and other times, our bats just fall asleep.

but we're capable of beating just about anybody on a given day. but probably still capable of losing on any given day too.

for all those reasons, i think it goes 3 games, but we win out...cause even with all that said above, we're still pretty deep in the bull pen, and as we showed the other night against clemson, our position player depth is pretty good too. and i'm not sure USM can match that.

i think as it stands right now there's 3 teams that have really impressed me, TCU not withstanding, and that's Stanford, Wake and LSU. Florida, when their pitching and hitting are lined up, can be outright dominant, but they've not been as consistent lately.

Wild. And just read this:
"recent dialogue with Messi's representatives has involved senior figures in the Saudi government, such is their commitment to securing one of the greatest footballers in history. Messi could earn €1 billion over a two year contract in the Saudi Pro League and would be joining Cristiano Ronaldo who signed with the league in January and Karim Benzema, whose move to champions Al Ittihad is imminent."
Add another one to the bag.

Saudi are also offering 100M per year to Kante and sources say he’s seriously considering it.

It's time to get on the stick with the renovations to LNS, that's ridiculous.

We were never getting that super regional over So. Miss. They would have always found a reason to make public besides: “We don’t like Tony Vitello or his program.”

You’re right about the stadium renos, though.

yeah, and i don't mean this to disrespect USM, but there's no reason we can't win 2 gamed down there......a lot of the issues we were having, especially defensively, seem to be resolved. and when we've lost games in the last month, it's not been because we beat ourselves, which we did a lot early in the year.

the only thing that gives me pause at this point is what we saw happen against aTm in Hoover....pitching while good, can be inconsistent. and other times, our bats just fall asleep.

but we're capable of beating just about anybody on a given day. but probably still capable of losing on any given day too.

for all those reasons, i think it goes 3 games, but we win out...cause even with all that said above, we're still pretty deep in the bull pen, and as we showed the other night against clemson, our position player depth is pretty good too. and i'm not sure USM can match that.

i think as it stands right now there's 3 teams that have really impressed me, TCU not withstanding, and that's Stanford, Wake and LSU. Florida, when their pitching and hitting are lined up, can be outright dominant, but they've not been as consistent lately.
Also could be worth noting their stud pitcher Tanner Hall threw 123 pitches Friday and then threw 2 innings (not sure how many pitches). Even if they give him an extra day rest and throw him Sunday hopefully we’re up 1-0

"The PGA Tour will remain a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization, according to the release, and will retain oversight of the sanctioning of events, administration of competition and rules."

Not to talk golf all day, but why is the PGA a tax-exempt organization?
Because it gives away its money to charities in the communities in which it operates.

I actually wish the NCAA and SEC really did just have a gross hate for the Vols...it would at least make some of their clearly incompetent decisions make more sense.

Bias absolutely exists and the NCAA is always behind in their use of selection committees in every sport that requires it so we do get some unfair treatment...but most schools do honestly. The few that get favoritism are more annoying, especially when their fanbases almost always seem to have a victim or entitlement complex about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back