Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let’s say the Saudis started a football league that didn’t have a salary cap. They took half the NFL but had much different rules. Then, it forces the two leagues to merge and figure it out.

It’s somewhat akin to that, and I freaking guarantee you that people on here (who follow the NFL) would be pissed.

I don’t have to give a reason, but I don’t have to like it either. People who grew up playing a lot and are more golf traditionalists are probably upset. Fringe fans don’t care.
Eh. Me watching less/no golf on TV will not affect my life all that much.

Well, let’s say the Saudis started a football league that didn’t have a salary cap. They took half the NFL but had much different rules. Then, it forces the two leagues to merge and figure it out.

It’s somewhat akin to that, and I freaking guarantee you that people on here (who follow the NFL) would be pissed.

I don’t have to give a reason, but I don’t have to like it either. Some People who grew up playing a lot and are more golf traditionalists may be upset. Fringe fans may not care.

fify. I've been golfing for 34 years and I don't care where the funding for pro golf comes from. I just want to watch the top players competing with each other like we just saw in the last two majors. Not in all tournaments by any means, but definitely the 4 majors, the Ryder Cup, and a few others (e.g Players tournament).

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Saudi Arabia murders people.
Saudi Arabia gets global blackeye after killing the journalist that made big deal about Saudi Arabia murdering people.
Saudi Arabia starts LIV to sportswash their image.
PGA sells out and disbands to become a part of the sports wash.
PGA no longer exists, having sold its historic legacy.
This. Plus possible ties to 9/11. I'm really against the oil/blood can buy anything philosophy.

Most recently very apparent in professional sports. Another example is the amount they are paying Ronaldo and now Benzema is absurd for their level of play (Messi might be next). Seems like they want to overtake the MLS as the close to retirement league for stars but can pay 10 times or more.

Saudi Arabia murders people.
Saudi Arabia gets global blackeye after killing the journalist that made big deal about Saudi Arabia murdering people.
Saudi Arabia starts LIV to sportswash their image.
PGA sells out and disbands to become a part of the sports wash.
PGA no longer exists, having sold its historic legacy.
You left off your list that Americans still buy gasoline and diesel made partly from Saudi crude oil. Oh, and the US government never murders anyone.

Joe Milton getting zero respect in The Athletic's "College Football QB Tiers" column out this morning (Stewart Mandel author):
Tier 1
Caleb Williams, USC

Tier 2
Drake Maye, North Carolina
Michael Penix Jr., Washington

Tier 3
Jayden Daniels, LSU
Frank Harris, UTSA
KJ Jefferson, Arkansas
Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina
J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
Bo Nix, Oregon
Michael Pratt, Tulane
Devin Leary, Kentucky

Tier 4
Sam Hartman, Notre Dame
Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma
Tanner Mordecai, Wisconsin
Cam Rising, Utah
Jalon Daniels, Kansas
Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland
Jordan Travis, Florida State

Tier 5
Quinn Ewers, Texas
Will Howard, Kansas State
Joe Milton, Tennessee
Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
Jayden de Laura, Arizona
Riley Leonard, Duke
Will Rogers, Mississippi State
Kedon Slovis, BYU
Payton Thorne, Auburn
DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State
Tyler Van Dyke, Miami
Cam Ward, Washington State
Good.

Reactions: volinokc and KptVFL
Joe Milton getting zero respect in The Athletic's "College Football QB Tiers" column out this morning (Stewart Mandel author):
Tier 1
Caleb Williams, USC

Tier 2
Drake Maye, North Carolina
Michael Penix Jr., Washington

Tier 3
Jayden Daniels, LSU
Frank Harris, UTSA
KJ Jefferson, Arkansas
Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina
J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
Bo Nix, Oregon
Michael Pratt, Tulane
Devin Leary, Kentucky

Tier 4
Sam Hartman, Notre Dame
Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma
Tanner Mordecai, Wisconsin
Cam Rising, Utah
Jalon Daniels, Kansas
Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland
Jordan Travis, Florida State

Tier 5
Quinn Ewers, Texas
Will Howard, Kansas State
Joe Milton, Tennessee
Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss
Jayden de Laura, Arizona
Riley Leonard, Duke
Will Rogers, Mississippi State
Kedon Slovis, BYU
Payton Thorne, Auburn
DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State
Tyler Van Dyke, Miami
Cam Ward, Washington State

Milton has played really bad more times than he's played really good. Might need to pump the brakes.

You left off your list that Americans still buy gasoline and diesel made partly from Saudi crude oil. Oh, and the US government never murders anyone.
OK.

Not much choice but to use gasoline. It's a stretch to claim that if we have to endure (A), we might as well support (B). I'm not following your logic.

Same argument applies to your point per our US gov't.

On the supers location...I would obviously rather it be in Knoxville, but understand why it's in Hattiesburg. Just keep the black jerseys going and be the villains we all know and love. GBO🍊
If we can’t beat them 2/3 in hattiesburg we weren’t gonna make any noise in Omaha anyways that’s how I look at it. I think we’ll be just fine

"The PGA Tour will remain a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization, according to the release, and will retain oversight of the sanctioning of events, administration of competition and rules."

Not to talk golf all day, but why is the PGA a tax-exempt organization?
“The PGA Tour is registered with the IRS as a ‘business league’ and operates under nonprofit status. As has been reported over the years, that status allows the PGA to avoid hundreds of millions in taxes over the last few decades despite allegations that it spends well under 20 percent of its tour revenue on charity and that its executives are highly salaried in the millions per annum,”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back