Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 1 video for Hattiesburg that was called "a hood interview in the ghetto" or something close to that, 😆
Worked in Hattiesburg years ago, was there a month or so. I like mean and dangerous as much as the next guy; but, the Big Orange would be the ONLY reason I returned.

That was almost 20 years ago, though...assuming not much has changed.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I think Southern Miss hosting last season (with much success) also gave them an edge.

I just hope we sweep their ass and carry the momentum and confidence into the next round.

They played ole miss last year in supers. How much of that much success was due to playing their instate big brother. Also lost 10-0 and 5-0 to them.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Can we please lock the Kamerion Fountain thread? He gone to play skool at the USC's and the education at UT is bottom of the barrel, so there really is no point in continuing.

It would be absolutely epic if by some chance we flipped him in December. Oh, the receipts would be glorious and taste so much like crow. lol

They can pay taxes and still donate their money if they want to. They don't need a tax break on the donation either. It's their special cause dear to their hearts so they will give

I wasn't necessarily trying to defend it, but they do not direct net earnings to stockholders or individuals who own the business. Athletic departments make huge dollars and are tax exempt as well. They may have reserves, but essentially, that's why they spend much of what they bring in. There is no stakeholder in which to answer. Every person on the payroll though in an AD and on the PGA pays personal taxes.

I would guess that if you wanted to criticize the tax scheme; a better argument would be for those "for-profit" companies that are able to minimize or avoid taxes.

Dangit, hoped we would get up above 50% this year. Maybe after this 24’ class gets in there we’ll have a shot
I think Bud made it a point to call out Tennessee (and FSU) because at the end of the day, you are only as good as your QB and both lines of scrimmage. If Joe has a Heisman season, we can absolutely win a championship.

Something else to note is that since Bud has been doing the Blue Chip Ratio, it has been easier for players to grade as a 4-star. There used to be far less. That's why there are so many teams over 70%, which is absurd.

I don't know if that means that he limits it to just Top 100 or Top 247, whatever he needs to do, but there are a lot more "blue chips" now than there were 15 or so years ago.

I wasn't necessarily trying to defend it, but they do not direct net earnings to stockholders or individuals who own the business. Athletic departments make huge dollars and are tax exempt as well. They may have reserves, but essentially, that's why they spend much of what they bring in. There is no stakeholder in which to answer. Every person on the payroll though in an AD and on the PGA pays personal taxes.

I would guess that if you wanted to criticize the tax scheme; a better argument would be for those "for-profit" companies that are able to minimize or avoid taxes.

Well, this was not the place for me to go into it, and I should not have quoted you because it gives the impression of seeking disagreement or dispute, unfortunately. You're very thoughtful.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolGee4
Our only AppleBees closed about 3 yrs ago

Exactly. An environment void of Applebee's and their fine dining selections is no place that needs to be hosting a NCAA Super Regional for the CWS.

anchorman-amateur-hour.gif

What a load of S**t.so are you trying to tell me that southern Miss baseball field is a better suited field than ours?…y’all have fun with this one🤣🤣

Southern Miss and Tennessee both met the minimum guidelines in their respective bid proposals submitted before the championship began," said a statement from the NCAA. "In situations where a super regional matchup is between equally seeded teams, the DI Baseball Committee reviews hosting proposals submitted by each school. The committee decision is based on site selection criteria, including factors such as quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential, and attendance potential.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/te...j-cLqnC83bZ1qW6JOfA9E5Nt3LYolT3mmeOVOx_kRM7R8

Reactions: Jimmy Football
The NFL is too (not the owners, but the NFL itself). I'm guessing since most of the money is dispersed to other entities (players, owners, etc...), the NFL and PGA are considered administrative bodies that are just pass throughs for most of the revenue, so the entities to whom they pass the money pay the taxes, not the organization who distributes it. Just a guess.
Pretty much. That and the charity side.

They claim it no differently than the ncaa and nfl do. Organizational bodies can usually get away with it. It's usually the associating members that are then taxed.

Reactions: jave36
What a load of S**t.so are you trying to tell me that southern Miss baseball field is a better suited field than ours?…y’all have fun with this one🤣🤣

Southern Miss and Tennessee both met the minimum guidelines in their respective bid proposals submitted before the championship began," said a statement from the NCAA. "In situations where a super regional matchup is between equally seeded teams, the DI Baseball Committee reviews hosting proposals submitted by each school. The committee decision is based on site selection criteria, including factors such as quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential, and attendance potential.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/te...j-cLqnC83bZ1qW6JOfA9E5Nt3LYolT3mmeOVOx_kRM7R8
As RTI quoted earlier, they can sell 1,000 more tickets than at Lindsey Nelson.

Selling capacity is materially higher.

Baseball is one sport our venue doesn't have much, if any, upper hand on anyone (yet.....)

Wild. And just read this:
"recent dialogue with Messi's representatives has involved senior figures in the Saudi government, such is their commitment to securing one of the greatest footballers in history. Messi could earn €1 billion over a two year contract in the Saudi Pro League and would be joining Cristiano Ronaldo who signed with the league in January and Karim Benzema, whose move to champions Al Ittihad is imminent."

200w (1) (22).gif

As RTI quoted earlier, they can sell 1,000 more tickets than at Lindsey Nelson.

Selling capacity is materially higher.

Baseball is one sport our venue doesn't have much, if any, upper hand on anyone (yet.....)

I swear if they don’t have a sell out every game then that should tell you all you need to know….but just to know it was settled over a 1000 seats is ********🤣🤣 our party deck holds that alone

Reactions: Smokey19rt
PGA merging with Saudi LIV. Umm... that's bad. Really bad. The current guy in charge isn't the old man. He's a tyrant. PGA should've said hell to the no. Tiger Woods turned down 700 mil to play with LIV Golf last year.
Sports are taking a backseat to...ya know...human rights or whatever...ya SJW

HUMAN RIGHTS?!?
giphy (5) (22).gif

I swear if they don’t have a sell out every game then that should tell you all you need to know….but just to know it was settled over a 1000 seats is ********🤣🤣 our party deck holds that alone
An extra 1000 tickets for a college baseball game is pretty big though. That'd be a 133% sellout for us.

Apparently they've sold 5,500 for single games. Idk just passing the info along.

As for sellouts, they're already not selling to the public. We're getting the squeeze. Better show up expecting a hostile environment of 3rd world inhabitants. Some Black Hawk Down type shiz...but instead it's a bunch of Mississippi rednecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back