Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this your guess or is this real?
The SEC NETWORK will announce every teams 2024 SEC football schedule on Wednesday night June 14.

my real guess for us (not what I want, but what I expect).
we keep all of the former East games and Alabama. The only change is that we add Texas (As what would have been our West rotator if divisions had been kept).
i think this is just a one year stopgap measure. The 2025 season (when Texas and OU who favor 9 games will become full voting members) will see the league adopt the nine game 3-6 format and ESPN will agree to upping the leagues money as long as they are told the league will keep all of the traditional rivalry high viewership games.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
R.77a71e079044dba9390e7d2e28607335

You rang?
giphy-3.gif

Auburn being good is very beneficial for us. When Auburn is rolling they’re taking recruits from UGA and Bama. If anything we should be hoping Freeze is successful.

What you are saying is pre Saban. Freeze isn’t taking recruits away from Saban or Smart regardless of how good he does.

Religious propaganda. When are recruits going to start seeing through him?
Well let's be real: if Dabo's program did not measure up to what he tells recruits--especially with regard to spiritual and ethical values--he would surely have players leaving left and right.

Today, if you are a man of values and want to encourage young men toward a (once traditional) manhood of leadership and responsibility, then you're greatly limited to either be a Jordan Peterson public piñata, a podcaster, or a coach. As a result, the ranks of college coaching may currently be occupied by more John Wooden-type men than ever.

As for Vol fans, if we have to trash other programs to feel good about our own... then we must not be all that convinced about the quality of our own program and coaching staffs.

When I'm buying a car, if the salesman has to talk-down other cars rather than tell me what's best about the one he's selling... that's when I walk away. He's convinced me -- to doubt what he's selling and go shop elsewhere.

Probably not the message we want to send recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back