Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I would readily accept the label of music snob...also tv/movie snob, book snob. There is nothing at all wrong with cultivating taste and not accepting mediocrity.

In fairness, nobody really accepts mediocrity, it's just that we all define excellence differently. As a child of the 70s and 80s, I believe it to be the Golden Age of rock. Others likely disagree, and it's perfectly fine for them to be wrong.

If Tennessee and Auburn are both good it might just level the playing field with Bama and UGA.

Can't forget about LSU. We might be headed into an era where UGA, Bama, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU all have good/great coaching. LSU, Auburn and TN keep getting stronger, which weakens UGA and Bama and we all become evenly matched.

Only we have superior schemes 😎

OOPS I mean better GIMMICKS

I think this is wishful thinking. Auburn and LSU getting stronger likely means fewer recruits coming to Tennessee. Georgia and Alabama might miss on a few, but they will always get their share of the elite recruits as long as Saban and Kirby are there. I don’t think there will ever be a truly level-playing field as you describe. There will always be a hierarchy. Who is at the top might change, but you’re not going to see an era where the majority of schools are mostly balanced in their talent. Alabama took a step back and Georgia ascended. Once Georgia takes a step back, someone else will ascend. It’s just the circle of life.

just remembered that rcfb twitter account is run by a vandy alum(s)

Dude experiences a self-own every time he logs in.

Running a Twitter account about a sport where his team is NEVER relevant must really suck. No wonder why that account attempts to dunk on UT so frequently. It's really all that guy has.

Well you are a fool and I do not suffer dem.

Also maybe you should listen to the back catalogue of Portugal. The Man before thinking you know what the hell you are talking about.

Suttree would punch you in the mouth.

They seem like a band Lester Ballard would like. 😘

I hear Norway is putting bar codes on all their ships.

It's so they can Scan-da-navy-in.
dad-jokes-activated.gif

Because watching SEC programs fail brings warmth to my heart.

It’s better for us if some of them have a certain level of success. It’s not a coincidence that we’ve played in 5 SECCG and 4 of them have been against 2 opponents. This also applies to Florida State and Miami. But I do appreciate the sentiment.

If Tennessee and Auburn are both good it might just level the playing field with Bama and UGA.

Can't forget about LSU. We might be headed into an era where UGA, Bama, Tennessee, Auburn and LSU all have good/great coaching. LSU, Auburn and TN keep getting stronger, which weakens UGA and Bama and we all become evenly matched.

Only we have superior schemes 😎

OOPS I mean better GIMMICKS
Good/great coaching at LSU? I didn't even realize they had fired Brian Kelly yet.

I think this is wishful thinking. Auburn and LSU getting stronger likely means fewer recruits coming to Tennessee. Georgia and Alabama might miss on a few, but they will always get their share of the elite recruits as long as Saban and Kirby are there. I don’t think there will ever be a truly level-playing field as you describe. There will always be a hierarchy. Who is at the top might change, but you’re not going to see an era where the majority of schools are mostly balanced in their talent. Alabama took a step back and Georgia ascended. Once Georgia takes a step back, someone else will ascend. It’s just the circle of life.
Yeah usually someone in that group is down which helps others go to the top, but I don't know if there have been many instances in SEC history where TN, UGA, Bama, LSU and Auburn all had coaches this strong.

Yes UGA and Bama are what they are right now, but that's not happening without these other schools struggling so bad.

And we have just as good a shot at getting elite recruits as the rest of them. You are only saying that because we've been so far down. That's not going to be the case for much longer, I mean heck we already got the number one player in the country after going 7-6.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Beat Saban and won the SEC west after completely overhauling the roster...sorry but Brian Kelly doesn't suck. Would be nice if he did, but I'm not seeing that happening.

Alabama had a down year with a really bad coordinators. The talent is still there and more than likely they’ll get back on track this season.

Let’s not forget that Kelly was run out of his own stadium by your Tennessee Volunteers.

It’s better for us if some of them have a certain level of success. It’s not a coincidence that we’ve played in 5 SECCG and 4 of them have been against 2 opponents. This also applies to Florida State and Miami. But I do appreciate the sentiment.
But I do think I agree. Auburn being able to knock off Alabama and UGA any given year will help us.

I mean I don't think it's beneficial for us at all if Bama and UGA continue to have a gimme on their schedule and Auburn will remain a gimme for maybe one more year before Freeze has it going.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Alabama had a down year with a really bad coordinators. The talent is still there and more than likely they’ll get back on track this season.

Let’s not forget that Kelly was run out of his own stadium by your Tennessee Volunteers.
That was still a really good Alabama team that was maybe a couple plays from playing UGA in the title game.

Don't sell our victory over them short.

As for LSU

Yeah they weren't that impressive, but from here on out they'll have a far more stable roster and there's no way they are getting anything less than a top 5 ish recruiting class every year from now on. They'll continue to have NFL players all over the field and Kelly won't mess it up. Maybe he can't win the big one, but LSU ain't goin nowhere.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
In fairness, nobody really accepts mediocrity, it's just that we all define excellence differently. As a child of the 70s and 80s, I believe it to be the Golden Age of rock. Others likely disagree, and it's perfectly fine for them to be wrong.
The 70s and 80s were the golden age of rock bands. Those bands put out a ton of hits and lasted for a long time (Stix is still touring). Loved the 90s for alternative. I listened to a good podcast on this. The way the industry is set up, it's harder to get a super group as was the case in the past.

Reactions: Brillovol and SSVol
My Morning jacket
Band of Horses
Fleet Foxes
Tame Impala
Wolfmother
Black Angels
Portugal. The Man
St. Paul and the Broken Bones
The Black Keys
Jack White/Raconteurs/Dead Weather
Alabama Shakes
Delta Spirit
Spoon
White Denim

I see a few on there that I’d probably put ahead of them too. Also a few that I don’t know and will have to check out. I’ve tried with My Morning Jacket, and always just thought they were kind of meh.

So Jalen Millroe and Tommy Rees are an upgrade over Bryce Young and Bill O Brien??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back