Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll check it out. Of everything I’ve heard by them, i thought their live stuff was better than studio albums. Not sure if I’ve heard that one though.
Go watch their 4-hour, 35-song marathon set from 2008 Bonnaroo. THE BEST live show I've ever seen, and I've bout near seen them all from 1995 to 2022 (from rock to hip hop, bluegrass to country, electronic to gospel, and EVERYTHING in between).

While I have my favorites, and there are and have been some GREAT bands (The Strokes; Secret Machines; Black Keys; Queens Of The Stone Age; Eagles Of Death Metal; The White Stripes; The Raconteurs; Radiohead; Arctic Monkeys; Alabama Shakes; Franz Ferninand; Beta Band; Bloc Party; The Brian Jonestown Massacre; Black Rebel Motorcycle Club; EARLY Kings Of Leon; Beck; The Mars Volta; TV On The Radio; The Flaming Lips; The Shins...)...none of them hold up to MMJ and their evolutions.

JMhumbleO

Last edited:
Go watch their 4-hour, 35-song marathon set from 2008 Bonnaroo. THE BEST live show I've ever seen, and I've bout near seen them all from 1995 to 2022 (from rock to hip hop, bluegrass to country, electronic to gospel, and EVERYTHING in between).

While I have my favorites, and there are and have been some GREAT bands (The Strokes; Secret Machines; Black Keys; The White Stripes; The Raconteurs; Radiohead; Arctic Monkeys; Alabama Shakes; Franz Ferninand; Beta Band; Bloc Party; The Brian Jonestown Massacre; Black Rebel Motorcycle Club; EARLY Kings Of Leon; Beck; The Mars Volta; TV On The Radio; The Flaming Lips; The Shins...)...none of them hold up to MMJ and their evolutions.

JMhumbleO
Not a big fan but might like them more 'in person'. For more recent groups, I thoroughly enjoyed the Twenty One Pilots show in Nashville. They really put on a performance.

Reactions: Skid and StoVol
Says they're in Dyersford, Tennessee. . . where ever that is. . .

Beard Meats Food is an awesome channel.

Guy can absolutely eat a mindblowing amount and has good commentary and a cool accent. I'm always like "no way he can eat all that"....10 minutes later he's calmly like, "got a pie menu?" 😅😂 man still hungry after eating half his body weight

Well let's be real: if Dabo's program did not measure up to what he tells recruits--especially with regard to spiritual and ethical values--he would surely have players leaving left and right.

Today, if you are a man of values and want to encourage young men toward a (once traditional) manhood of leadership and responsibility, then you're greatly limited to either be a Jordan Peterson public piñata, a podcaster, or a coach. As a result, the ranks of college coaching may currently be occupied by more John Wooden-type men than ever.

As for Vol fans, if we have to trash other programs to feel good about our own... then we must not be all that convinced about the quality of our own program and coaching staffs.

When I'm buying a car, if the salesman has to talk-down other cars rather than tell me what's best about the one he's selling... that's when I walk away. He's convinced me -- to doubt what he's selling and go shop elsewhere.

Probably not the message we want to send recruits.
🦬💩

Dyersburg Tennessee.
Dyersburg, TN
How could anyone in the RF not know about Dyersburg?

OD's stomping grounds...where the BIG phone calls to recruits go down...where fixing the fatbergs in their plumbing system is the major town issue...and losing 5 star Dyersburg recruits to Jimbo is a code-red level disaster.

Well let's be real: if Dabo's program did not measure up to what he tells recruits--especially with regard to spiritual and ethical values--he would surely have players leaving left and right.

Today, if you are a man of values and want to encourage young men toward a (once traditional) manhood of leadership and responsibility, then you're greatly limited to either be a Jordan Peterson public piñata, a podcaster, or a coach. As a result, the ranks of college coaching may currently be occupied by more John Wooden-type men than ever.

As for Vol fans, if we have to trash other programs to feel good about our own... then we must not be all that convinced about the quality of our own program and coaching staffs.

When I'm buying a car, if the salesman has to talk-down other cars rather than tell me what's best about the one he's selling... that's when I walk away. He's convinced me -- to doubt what he's selling and go shop elsewhere.

Probably not the message we want to send recruits.

They are not mutually exclusive.

No one is walking around saying Saban is a snake oil salesmen because we have an inferiority complex. We get it. We also believe in Hype. We can ALSO...simultaneously... see how full of bs Dabo is, given his message vs his other words and actions.

A majority of coaches claim faith. Guess they are all truly houlier than thou and we should bar all criticism 😆

What OL are we after and in contention for? As good as our offense and OL has been the past couple of years, you would think our Ol recruiting would be better
Dumb teenager recruits are eating the negative 🦬💩 that scared rival coaches are shoveling at them 24-7 like a 400 pounder in the Golden Corral steak line.

We get who we get...the ones that want to be here.

Listening now on Spotify. Never heard of them before. So far they give me kind of a Ween vibe.

I'm not acquainted with Ween. I liked Ozrics somewhat earlier stuff better, when Joie Hinton was with them. He played synthesizer and spent several years studying music in India. Jurassic Shift is a great album and the title track is, to my mind, their best song.

Reactions: bignewt
Foo Fighters, when you got that hankerin' for only the most generic rock.
You are pure evil.

Saw them for the first time 2 years ago and they were excellent.

I think you were looking for Nickelback or Imagine Dragons.

Imagine thinking a founding member of Nirvana and legendary musician, in many different ways, is just creating generic rock (of a sound from 30 years ago?). Couldn't be me, Newt. One day I'll convert you.

Reactions: bparker
Listening now on Spotify. Never heard of them before. So far they give me kind of a Ween vibe.
Member of Ween opened a recording studio here and one of my wife's clients. It's pretty nice. Cool they came back here to produce. Not a lot of production going on here outside of maybe Marcus King.

Reactions: bignewt
Man, everyone sees it. People are saying it. The way they throw grass in the air to decide is a damn joke.
It's just another piece of evidence in the now mammoth pile of evidence that the NCAA and SEC screw us every f'n chance they get.

You have to be a blind stupid fool not to see it at this point.

They skeeeeerd

44a246a9-b095-465f-82f5-0cd3ff1dca23_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back