Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as rock bands go of the last 20 years, there's My Morning Jacket and everyone else, imo.
I love how My Morning Jacket synthesizes things, imports various blends into one identifiable thing stitched to us, that leaves no doubt.

My morning jacket brings about a smoothe comfort of yesteryear, with the sensibilities and warmth of being wrapped like a blanket. My morning jacket is just as good on a run, as it is at a casual affair. Really covers all occasions.

Reactions: bignewt and SugarCC
My few observations from my day at the 7v7 off campus and in Neyland:

1. Huep has definitely lost some weight.
2. Boo had to leave early to make a flight to MI. Bradley-Central made it to the semifinals and lost to Spartanburg. I didn’t get to see any of their games.
3. Not as many recruits that I recognized as I was expecting with 32 teams present.
4. Ethan Davis looked like he wasn’t having any issues with his shoulder/collar bone. Definitely looked like he will be ready to go this fall.IMG_7172.jpeg

I would generally agree, but I personally don't think it got going good until the late 60s, and I'd stretch the prime into the early 80s. Personal taste, nothing more.

And there are some amazing musicians now, I just think it meant more when you had to actually play all the parts on an actual instrument. Guys like Jacob Collier are unbelievably talented, but it's not the same as watching a group like Kansas playing a rock concerto live.

I did get to see Ben Rector and Cody Fry perform with the National Symphony at the Kennedy Center. Regardless of what you feel about their music, a concert like that is special. But again, it was live music being played on real instruments by real people.
Van Halen. Not bad throughout the 80s.

Blue Angels just flew over my house here in Brentwood. Standard flying and weren’t too low because it’s residential, but still cool to see them again.
My brother works for Nissan in Smyrna and got several good pics of them today while practicing for this weekend's air show.

Well let's be real: if Dabo's program did not measure up to what he tells recruits--especially with regard to spiritual and ethical values--he would surely have players leaving left and right.

Today, if you are a man of values and want to encourage young men toward a (once traditional) manhood of leadership and responsibility, then you're greatly limited to either be a Jordan Peterson public piñata, a podcaster, or a coach. As a result, the ranks of college coaching may currently be occupied by more John Wooden-type men than ever.

As for Vol fans, if we have to trash other programs to feel good about our own... then we must not be all that convinced about the quality of our own program and coaching staffs.

When I'm buying a car, if the salesman has to talk-down other cars rather than tell me what's best about the one he's selling... that's when I walk away. He's convinced me -- to doubt what he's selling and go shop elsewhere.

Probably not the message we want to send recruits.
Oh no, they got to you too.

Why is that?

I wouldn't expect him to win the majority of those battles but suspect he will win some.

For sure he will win some. But do you really think Freezr is going to beat Saban or Smart head to head for elite recruits very often? I mean put it like this. Let’s take Sammy Brown. Let’s say his final three schools were Bama, UGA and Auburn. What’s the likelihood he picks AU over the other two?

Nah.

Things have changed there.
People keep expecting the same ole Bama, to reemerge.

No, they don't have the talent we're used to seeing. They've missed on a lot of their recruiting classes.
They’ve missed on a lot of their recruiting classes? If that’s the case i wish we would miss on our recruiting classes. Do better
IMG_1686.pngIMG_1687.pngIMG_1688.pngIMG_1689.png

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
They’ve missed on a lot of their recruiting classes? If that’s the case i wish we would miss on our recruiting classes. Do better
View attachment 555712View attachment 555713View attachment 555714View attachment 555715
You attempted to parse the information to make is support you... and it still doesn't. Texas' best record in the past 4 years is 8-5. A&M has gone 5-7 and 8-4 over the past two years in spite of having top 10 classes.

But here is a MUCH better and more direct way of demonstrating the inaccuracy of the rankings. This link is for 247's 2022 roster talent composite. Anyone on earth could just sit back and give 4 or 5 stars to the recruits of Bama, UGA, and OSU. That proves absolutely nothing except if you want to look good predicting talent... predict the players for those three coaches will be really good.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

However in the top 10 most talented teams according to 247's recruiting rankings... you have A&M 5-7, Texas 8-5, OU 6-7, and ND 9-4. If the rankings were as accurate as you think then there should NEVER be teams that average or below with composite top 10 talent. And UT at #19 should not beat #1 Bama, #5 Clemson, and #8 LSU all in the same season.... and the latter two by comfortable margins.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back