Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised this hasn't been posted but voltwitter found the guy who runs the southern miss barstool account:

Then they found the shortstops sisters only fans:

Lord have mercy youngin messed up.

the-simpsons-stop.gif

Nah this is a bad logic, by that logic you could say Hendon Hooker’s legacy is from torching a bad Florida defense and using Tillman in 2021 and Hyatt in 2022 to inflate his numbers. But I agree with you 100% on Jabari Small, dude practically played all last season with one shoulder and really doesn’t get enough credit
The guy had 5 100 yard rushing game in his two year career….. They were against the 98th, 108th, 120th ranked run defenses…. At Louisville….. he stepped “up” by going over 100 against the 43rd ranked run def and an FCS school…. Besides playing a little bit against Florida his first year….. he bailed against every quality opponent he played.

Hooker is a Vol legend bc of all that he accomplished…. He gave us some of the best moments in Vol History…. It’s not be he dominated some very poor competition.

Nah this is a bad logic, by that logic you could say Hendon Hooker’s legacy is from torching a bad Florida defense and using Tillman in 2021 and Hyatt in 2022 to inflate his numbers. But I agree with you 100% on Jabari Small, dude practically played all last season with one shoulder and really doesn’t get enough credit

How did you make that stretch? Hendon Hooker threw for over 6,000 yards and 58 TD’s with just 5 INT’s in all of his UT games. Had 2+ TD’s against Alabama twice, Kentucky twice, Pittsburgh twice, UF twice, and LSU. Say what?

The guy had 5 100 yard rushing game in his two year career….. They were against the 98th, 108th, 120th ranked run defenses…. At Louisville….. he stepped “up” by going over 100 against the 43rd ranked run def and an FCS school…. Besides playing a little bit against Florida his first year….. he bailed against every quality opponent he played.

Hooker is a Vol legend bc of all that he accomplished…. He gave us some of the best moments in Vol History…. It’s not be he dominated some very poor competition.
You’re supposed to dominate poor competition, he still averaged 4.5 yards per carry vs UF and Bama

How did you make that stretch? Hendon Hooker threw for over 6,000 yards and 58 TD’s with just 5 INT’s in all of his UT games. Had 2+ TD’s against Alabama twice, Kentucky twice, Pittsburgh twice, UF twice, and LSU. Say what?
Im not slamming on Hooker by any means, im just saying that every player’s stats are inflated in certain games or because of a few other players

It would make for more excitement as a fan. Cupcake game weeks aren’t the same. I like the notion of maybe 1 fcs week 1 and then everyone plays meaningful games. I just hate that for the fcs schools

We only play one FCS game a year. We play UTSA this year, who went 11-3 last year. You are going to have games like this for P5 teams to sell a certain number of season tickets.

Im not slamming on Hooker by any means, im just saying that every player’s stats are inflated in certain games or because of a few other players

That comparison though was not close. Hendon was consistently good…kind of the point. Evans couldn’t consistently get on the field.

Reactions: SugarCC
That comparison though was not close. Hendon was consistently good…kind of the point. Evans couldn’t consistently get on the field.
Thst was kinda the point of my original post, originally I said imagine the season Evans would have had if he stayed healthy and kept it together academically

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back