Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hendon Hooker was not the comparison though.
Where I was getting at with the Hooker comparison was that someone said that Evans numbers were inflated because of his games against Mizzou and USCjr, and the point I was trying to make was you could argue Hooker’s numbers were inflated because of Tillman and Hyatt in their breakout years and the bad secondary’s we have faced. I am not trying to put down Hooker by any means and could have worded it better, but that was the point I was trying to make

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Unfortunately one would have to stretch the limits of said imagination...cuz he didn't.
He still lead the team in rushing despite only playing in 5.5 games, but he also avg’d 6.5 yards per carry, he easily could have put up 1,200 yards if he did what he needed to to stay on the field

Where I was getting at with the Hooker comparison was that someone said that Evans numbers were inflated because of his games against Mizzou and USCjr, and the point I was trying to make was you could argue Hooker’s numbers were inflated because of Tillman and Hyatt in their breakout years and the bad secondary’s we have faced. I am not trying to put down Hooker by any means and could have worded it better, but that was the point I was trying to make
So your point is that Hooker never faced a decent secondary and won?

How did you make that stretch? Hendon Hooker threw for over 6,000 yards and 58 TD’s with just 5 INT’s in all of his UT games. Had 2+ TD’s against Alabama twice, Kentucky twice, Pittsburgh twice, UF twice, and LSU. Say what?
That guy is a sad and boring troll. He even turned Milton's jersey yellow in photoshop.

He still lead the team in rushing despite only playing in 5.5 games, but he also avg’d 6.5 yards per carry, he easily could have put up 1,200 yards if he did what he needed to to stay on the field
It's conjecture until it's on the field. I'd advise caution on the word "easily". I could "easily" declare that both Chuck Webb and Jamal Lewis would have eclipsed 2000 yards if their knees hadn't popped...still wouldn't backed up by actual stats. Peyton would dominate against Bama and struggle against Vandy. #Football

We only play one FCS game a year. We play UTSA this year, who went 11-3 last year. You are going to have games like this for P5 teams to sell a certain number of season tickets.
We play utsa, austin peay, UConn as cupcakes. I’d like to schedule more home and homes with national programs. Like we did with Oklahoma. That was a lot of fun

Reactions: SmokinBob
Just read the way too early spread at UF is -6.5.

I'm saying
Vols 38
UF 24

Our D is improved. Therefore we don't let up the garbage time points and let Florida hide the actual 17 point beatdown the game was like they got away with last year.
our secondary was sooooo atrocious that day. I hope we play some of our freshman db’s this year

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Just read the way too early spread at UF is -6.5.

I'm saying
Vols 38
UF 24

Our D is improved. Therefore we don't let up the garbage time points and let Florida hide the actual 17 point beatdown the game was like they got away with last year.
Read some comment somewhere from a Wisconsin fan talking about Graham Mertz.

He was really good when he had good protection, but when things break down and there's pressure in his face he's absolutely terrible.

So I'm ready for a Florida QB and team to not play the game of their lives for once and we dispatch them early.

Without question Top 5, you kidding!!! As far as individual, it is the biggest, by far!! Tiger '97 Masters is second, imo; and, even it shouldn't be in the same thought as that race.

And, what makes it all the more awesome, winning the Triple Crown that way. Not just winning it, but being an absolute unstoppable, without doubt, bully about it.

Greatest racehorse of all time.
I actually think Tigers US Open win at Pebble was the more dominant win considering the conditions, won by 15 strokes and nobody else even broke par....that was just an unbelievable performance...IMO the greatest Golf performance of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back