Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play utsa, austin peay, UConn as cupcakes. I’d like to schedule more home and homes with national programs. Like we did with Oklahoma. That was a lot of fun
We are getting an extra game soon and with Oklahoma as one of the teams, Tejas College as the other. We are also aiming at playoff games. We're fine.

He could have been on that field…. He chose not to be….. he had absolutely no heart whatsoever.
I really think he had a legitimate shot at being an all-american if he had just kept up with his responsibilities and played when he was healthy. He had more talent than any RB we've had in a while.

Reactions: Brillovol
Yeah? And they held up against Bama and LSU and Kentucky (2021). Evans never had an even decent game against a decent team with the Vols.
It's almost like he wouldn't play in those games. . . not that he couldn't, he wouldn't. Maybe he was scared or something, idk, strange for a RB. Which big game was it that he was questionable, dressed out, went through warm-ups just fine, then never set foot on the field?

That’s probably true. They will still get ran by 3tds. The matchup doesn’t excite like a big national match up would. That’s all I’m saying.
For sure, I could see the game making something like espn2 though, it will likely be a top 25 matchup. Still, I could see us struggling early on but pull away in the second half and win something like 52-31

Reactions: Volsdeep4
It's almost like he wouldn't play in those games. . . not that he couldn't, he wouldn't. Maybe he was scared or something, idk, strange for a RB. Which big game was it that he was questionable, dressed out, went through warm-ups just fine, then never set foot on the field?
It's what I observed. Nobody should have to play in pain, but I highly question he even dressed with the slightest ACHE. WHAT IF doesn't apply to an athlete who finds a way to not play.

I actually haven’t been able to catch any of their games (not that I had much of a desire to watch OU athletics) but wasn’t aware of their antics. Shame if their actions contradict their words.
Their actions do not contradict their words. Like our BaseVols last year, they have fun and celebrate everything. I do agree the bat spike might have been a bit over the top…but she was very happy she got that walk 🤪

Reactions: OrangenSC
It's what I observed. Nobody should have to play in pain, but I highly question he even dressed with the slightest ACHE. WHAT IF doesn't apply to an athlete who finds a way to not play.
In fairness, ankles are really hard to heal up 100%, Tillman was never 100% this year after the Akron game and I’ve sprained my ankle before, it took like 2 months before I could run again

He was afraid of getting hurt and messing up his chances to go pro. I have heard from someone who knows him that it was mental.

Not sure if this was his case, but many players have a lot of pressure put on them from family and friends to make it pro, in order to provide for family. I have seen player families have unrealistic expectations for their children.

He was afraid of getting hurt and messing up his chances to go pro. I have heard from someone who knows him that it was mental.

Not sure if this was his case, but many players have a lot of pressure put on them from family and friends to make it pro, in order to provide for family. I have seen player families have unrealistic expectations for their children.
He ended up screwing himself. Missed out on a lot of development, conditioning & experience and it showed up when he hit the pros.

Reactions: Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back