Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve made 2 CWS in 3 years, and people on the post-game call-in are calling for staff changes.

Astounding.
I don't know how baseball staff work exactly. I know Tony is the HC, Frank is the PC, and Elander is the Assistant Coach. Are they allowed consultants? I'm not wanting to see staff changes, but if we could bring in a batting coach to consult on hitting....

We need to be better at clutch hitting.

The only changes that need to happen are portal additions in the off-season. Losing is hard. Let the emotions die down and we’ll all look back on this season proudly. Go Vols!
Tony will need to work the portal hard, but it'll be difficult to get any player LSU is interested in because millions are pumped into their baseball NIL. Our baseball NIL doesn't even come close. It baffles me where all the money is coming from. They're pushing football, basketball, and baseball for the men, and even dumping some crazy money into women's basketball. I guess I just had no idea how many generous megadonors LSU seems to have.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Where is all the talk of Burns transferring coming from?
Rumors. LSU needs pitching. People seem to think Chase didn't like being moved to the bullpen. LSU has lots of $$$ to spend.

He's not even in the portal. So if it happens, there's major tampering involved. Not that the NCAA would do anything.

I agree we'll be fine, but that's deceiving. How many of those commits actually make it to campus, and how many decide to go pro if/when they're drafted? Lots of kids commit to schools but turnaround and go pro for the money. And I can't say I blame them. That's why working the portal is so important.

Wanted it to die down in here before posting about Tony V and the boys. A fine season! They made us proud. Did something we havent done in over two decades! No shame in losing to LSU...top 5-7 program in the country, with two dudes that could be the top pick in the draft. Vitello is building to that, and will absolutely get there...his move to go to Sewell was a brilliant call. Tip of the cap, guys. I hate losing, hate it!!; but, still a very good season...I mean, we went to the CWS. Keep grinding.

Also, I see the vultures came out, drunk from the blood of misery. Hey, maybe some of you are already aware; but...go check out @vol4eva
That guy or gal may very well be the absolute worst amongst us, no sh!t...I know that's a bold statement, but...trust me. Either that, or his/her troll game is in for the long haul. Go check out his or her's past posts. I have to say, it's actually quite impressive to be THAT ****** morose. I'd bet my life he or she is single, has to be!!!; and, if he/she says different, he/she is lying. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about...I just noticed tonight.
@vol4eva take no offense...as I said, I'm impressed by the sheer overwhelmingness of just how lousy you are.

Great baseball season! I was entertained and it’s one the program can be proud of.

Started #2 and ended effectively #6, so there is no disappointment or under achievement in that.

Want to win a national title one of these days but that’s a tough tournament.

College baseball has a level of parity and unpredictability college football can only dream of, caused by a wide dispersion of talent and the nature of the sport itself.

Which starters return next year for baseball?

2nd - Moore
CF - Ensley
LF - Dickey
1B - Burke
C - Stark

Then Beam, and Burns for pitching. I’m sure I’m missing a good amount more.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Sad night. Great run for the Vols though…..

This will make some of ya, that are old enough, smile…..

Lol...I had three different Evel Knievels...I kept breaking them, but I loved playing with them so much, and was so heartbroken everytime I broke one that my mom would get me another one ..🤣

Great...now I miss my Mom 😥

I don't know how baseball staff work exactly. I know Tony is the HC, Frank is the PC, and Elander is the Assistant Coach. Are they allowed consultants? I'm not wanting to see staff changes, but if we could bring in a batting coach to consult on hitting....

🤦‍♂️

Tony V and Elander are two of the best hitting instructors in the business, imo.

People tend to forget that Dreilling (F) and Tears (RSF) would start on most SEC teams. Kendro is ready to step up in the IF, especially if Denton moves on. Add in transfers. Pitching is in great shape. SS needs a key replacement assuming Ahuna leaves.

Everybody returning will be better next season in a program that made the final 6 in the CWS after replacing 8 starters from probably the best collegiate baseball team ever.

Stay the course and all will be fine. Get the construction equipment cranked up at LNS.

Time for football.

Which starters return next year for baseball?

2nd - Moore
CF - Ensley
LF - Dickey
1B - Burke
C - Stark

Then Beam, and Burns for pitching. I’m sure I’m missing a good amount more.

You'll have:
C - TBD
1B - Burke
2nd - CMO
SS - TBD
3B - Denton or TBD
LF - TBD
CF - Ensley
RF - TBD

P
Beam
Burns
AJ

We had the best hitting team in Tennessee history last year and replaced most of the starters and still made it to the CWS. We will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back