Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does baseball recruiting work the same as football? Like official visits and number of guys they can take each year? I have never kept up with baseball recruiting.

That's awesome. My nephew plays travel ball, and HS ball in Knox. These kids, parents, grandparents sacrifice time, and money to be out there. And it is a grind. In its current format, I really believe the CWS is the most difficult championship to win.

Its easy to see the day in, day out commitment it takes - from a young age, that baseball takes. Couple that with the pride of being a Vol, you'd be dead if that didnt hit you in the feels.

Gotta upgrade a few pieces and get better. Kids overachieved, but played for TV.

Which starters return next year for baseball?

2nd - Moore
CF - Ensley
LF - Dickey
1B - Burke
C - Stark

Then Beam, and Burns for pitching. I’m sure I’m missing a good amount more.
Assuming the unknowns of the transfer portal you'll have Cal and Charlie behind the dish, and spotting a little bit of starting Jaslove as SS. I believe they will be hammering the transfer portal hard for both of those positions though. Outfield you should see Tears/Dreiling who both had a couple of starts IIRC and then Kyle Booker is still hanging around out there.

Assuming the unknowns of the transfer portal you'll have Cal and Charlie behind the dish, and spotting a little bit of starting Jaslove as SS. I believe they will be hammering the transfer portal hard for both of those positions though. Outfield you should see Tears/Dreiling who both had a couple of starts IIRC and then Kyle Booker is still hanging around out there.

I also like that Stone kid coming in at catcher.

Have never seen Cam Seldon play but as I read the statements about him I get the feel as an Alvin Kamara type am I wrong?

I also like that Stone kid coming in at catcher.
Going to be hitting transfer portal for infielders/catcher. I think they are happy with what we have in outfield for next year. Those kids are ready to play. Great season by baseball team. Different group from last year. Not as boisterous. They gave everything though. I’m proud of them. 🍊

Booker needs to put it all together.
He goes and plays in these wood bat summer leagues and hits .400 then comes back to Knoxville and can't hit a lick. The talent is there.

You'll have:
C - TBD
1B - Burke
2nd - CMO
SS - TBD
3B - Denton or TBD
LF - TBD
CF - Ensley
RF - TBD

P
Beam
Burns
AJ
Dickey going early?

P
Lindsey should return as a senior.
Halvorson- May Go Pro
Zach Joyce
Lots of young arms

Guys that may step up:
Reese Chapman FR OF
Kyle Booker JR OF
Jake Kendro FR INF
Kavares Tears RS-FR OF/1B
Dylan Dreiling FR OF

A freshman could come in and take a spot. Kendro is likely to take the 3rd base or SS position. Any of these guys could potentially come to the infield. I imagine TV will look hard for a catcher and hard for a SS if the guys we have aren't going to lock down the SS position.

Blake Burke had a sophomore slump. Idk what his deal is. Nothing would surprise me with him. He could train hard, get his body in shape, be an all american hitter and first baseman and go in the first round next year. He could not change much and get relegated to DH or PH and Tears could take his spot. He could transfer. Nothing would shock me, but I hope its the former.

Dickey going early?

P
Halvorson- May Go Pro
Zach Joyce
Lots of young arms

Guys that may step up:
Reese Chapman FR OF
Kyle Booker JR OF
Jake Kendro FR INF
Dylan Dreiling FR OF

A freshman could come in and take a spot. Kendro is likely to take the 3rd base or SS position. Any of these guys could potentially come to the infield. I imagine TV will look hard for a catcher and hard for a SS if the guys we have aren't going to lock down the SS position.

Blake Burke had a sophomore slump. Idk what his deal is. Nothing would surprise me with him. He could train hard, get his body in shape, be an all american hitter and first baseman and go in the first round next year. He could not change much and get relegated to DH or PH and Tears could take his spot. He could transfer. Nothing would shock me, but I hope its the former.
Dickey can’t leave till after next year.

Dickey going early?

P
Halvorson- May Go Pro
Zach Joyce
Lots of young arms

Guys that may step up:
Reese Chapman FR OF
Kyle Booker JR OF
Jake Kendro FR INF
Dylan Dreiling FR OF

Lindsey is already 23..... he needs to go.

Going to be hitting transfer portal for infielders/catcher. I think they are happy with what we have in outfield for next year. Those kids are ready to play. Great season by baseball team. Different group from last year. Not as boisterous. They gave everything though. I’m proud of them. 🍊

Is Kirby gone? :/

That legendary stache

Reactions: SmokinBob
Does baseball recruiting work the same as football? Like official visits and number of guys they can take each year? I have never kept up with baseball recruiting.

I can’t say I follow it closely, but it is a bit different. They kind of over-recruit and bring in guys in the fall. Then, they set the roster by the spring. Also, you will have guys committed, get drafted, and then go pro. So, it’s a balancing act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back