Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hot take is winning the 2001 SEC Championship would've changed very little about the period of 2005-2020. Recruiting would still have turned downward, the competition in the SEC would still have gotten better, and the administration at UT would still have been inept. It was a terrible loss but it isn't why this all happened.
Mike Hamilton and admin.

Didn’t want to bump his thread but if you’re not a dog, you end up at a poverty program like mississipppissippi state

It really doesn't surprise me that they heard it. Anything this close to US and Canada is going to be heard as both nations are members of Five Eyes. They probably had definitive proof the entire time but couldn't share the proof.
Curious why they couldn’t share this proof and allowed the Coast Guard and others to spend resources looking for “knocking sounds”.

Reactions: SugarCC
I blame no one more than Hamilton. Not Kiffin, not Dooley, not Pruitt, not Cheek, not anybody but Hambone. Great guy, terrible AD.
I don't know if others restricted him, but when you see a great program slide, almost always admin. And when it takes off? Hello Danny White

Curious why they couldn’t share this proof and allowed the Coast Guard and others to spend resources looking for “knocking sounds”.

I think they did inform the Coast Guard but the Navy wouldn't cite what they heard as definitive proof. The Coast Guard Commander said he didn't want to discourage rescue efforts without something more definitive. I think a lot of times they use these events as training exercises. Even in scenarios like this, organizing the logistics and going out is going to add to the experience level for everyone and without more evidence there's a chance that what the Navy heard was a different vessel of similar size in the same area so you have to go out and confirm. I just think the Navy probably had more reason than just hearing it to believe it was Titan and they didn't want to offer that up because it would reveal our tech (national defense) to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back