Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 23, 1917

After Boston Red Sox pitcher Babe Ruth was ejected for arguing with umpire Brick Owens over walking Washington Senators second baseman Joe Morgan, Ernie Shore came into the game and retired 26 straight batters in a 4-0 win at Fenway Park. Ruth and Shore were credited with a combined no-hitter, but Shore allowed no walks, and he and catcher Sam Agnew got Morgan out as he was trying to steal.

One of the greatest "stats" in baseball history..........A "Perfect Game" that wasn't Perfect.

1687522536258.jpeg

I don’t know how “maybe people should stay away from the Titanic” got turned into “no one should take any risks” or “the coast guard should stop people from visiting the wreckage.”
Because it sounded to me that prohibiting visitation was what you suggested...if that is not what you meant, then sorry for the rant.

It was their risk to take, but I don't consider what they were doing "amazing" IMO. They were diving on a graveyard. Not in the name of science or history, but as tourism.

Sad that they perished, even sadder for their families.
I went to Gettysburg...it was tourism, but it was history...pretty sure the history of the Titanic is also what the draw is for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back