Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've discovered the true reason for all those down years in UT football.
So, all the years I was watching in the 80s and 90s don't count? 😔

However, the moment the clock struck zero at the 2001 SEC Championship, I told my buddy sitting next to me, that loss would haunt us in the years to come, and imo, it did...never dreamed it would for 20 years. Maybe I put the juju into the ether that night. I apologize if I did.

However, the moment the clock struck zero at the 2001 SEC Championship, I told my buddy sitting next to me, that loss would haunt us in the years to come, and imo, it did...never dreamed it would for 20 years. Maybe I put the juju into the ether that night. I apologize if I did.
Nonsense. Everyone knows that's the night Rohan Davey's voodoo queen momma put a curse on us for hurting her boy.

The freaking Rose Bowl man

How many great accomplishments of humanity would never have happened if "people didn't tempt fate"?

People die doing boring mundane things every day...at least these folks went out doing something amazing.

100%. Same folks at work said they'd also never go up in space if a billionaire. They'd literally never risk or spend a penny, sit on their billions like a hen, and wonder why they're so miserable that they have to laugh at others' macabre misfortunes 😑

Same folks have also been saying, "gah what I would have done with 250k!...not that!"

Well...for a multibillionaire...250k is as-if your average person with 10k wealth spent...an entire quarter! These folks don't recognize the relativism of that 250k.

And AT LEAST they were circulating the money back into the economy by spending it (and on an experience at that, not just some frou frou product), better than the folks that sit on their cash and never circulate it back down to the businesses and the poors lol. Anti-circulation is the thing stagnant and deflationary economies are made of. Just ask the Japanese for 30 years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
They didn’t lose him…. They chose to Fire him…. They aren’t giving up any of the regular season…. Will Wade has to miss ten games at McNeese state where he is now coaching…. He is also a very overrated coach bolstered by the recruiting scandal he is involved in… probation means absolutely nothing without significant penalties.
"Chose" to fire him after just making the tourney in his last year and 4 years straight...LITERALLY the same week as the Notice of Allegations came out...then immediately went on to a 2-16 worst-in-the SEC record with the new coach, just as they envisioned...

giphy (5) (29).gif

You'll have to excuse me if I'm glad we have adults running our place and are now not in their shoes.

I havent; but...my older brother SWEARS he saw a spaceship when we were kids, still to this day...and, his description is still vivid, and has never changed.
My mom and I saw one when I was a kid. Still remember the details vividly. It was half the size of an aircraft carrier and looked like a city at night.

My hot take is winning the 2001 SEC Championship would've changed very little about the period of 2005-2020. Recruiting would still have turned downward, the competition in the SEC would still have gotten better, and the administration at UT would still have been inept. It was a terrible loss but it isn't why this all happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back