Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you eat cottage cheese or not?
Love it. Great night time snack especially. Sometimes throw some cashews in it or something salty.

Lady at work told me a recipe, which I find hard to believe, but she swore it came out like an ice cream sandwich: cottage cheese sweetened with the sweetener of your choice or honey...stir up real good and place between 2 graham crackers. Blueberries or strawberries optional. Then freeze them.

June 24, 1997: Mark McGwire jacked a 538-foot homer off Randy Johnson, but the Big Unit had mostly terrific stuff in a 4-1 loss to the A's. The Mariners' lefty struck out 19 — one short of Roger Clemens’ major league record at the time for a nine-inning game.

Johnson became the fifth big-league pitcher to fan 19 in a game, joining Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton and David Cone. Johnson struck out 19 later that season. Besides Clemens, who has done it twice, two other pitchers have struck out 20: Kerry Wood and Max Scherzer.

View attachment 558944

That was the greatest summer of baseball of my life. It was special. I can remember biking home from the neighborhood pool just to go see him and Sammy.

Also about the time I was in love with The Sandlot and played half of the year. Baseball was everything back then.

For those that have yet to see the #1 overall draft pick in action - Victor Wembanyama - 7'5" 19 years old...biggest prospect in a decade...or two

View attachment 558958

Generational talent on offense, liability on defense. Will be interesting to see if he can get better in that area but he’s just so thin. He was getting bullied down low in Europe.

That was the greatest summer of baseball of my life. It was special. I can remember biking home from the neighborhood pool just to go see him and Sammy.

Also about the time I was in love with The Sandlot and played half of the year. Baseball was everything back then.
If it's the chase to 62 you're talking, that was the next summer, '98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back