Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Hubbs
I'm no insider as I'm not around the team and go to games like Eric. But at the end of the day from what I'm hearing it doesn't sound like Burns wants to be here and be a part of the program. I don't think it’s because of some NIL deal elsewhere or lack of NIL here. It sounds like at the end of the day Burns doesn't want to be here and hasn't for a while which is why the Burns rumors have been out there for weeks.
**** him then

Generational talent on offense, liability on defense. Will be interesting to see if he can get better in that area but he’s just so thin. He was getting bullied down low in Europe.

Nah he's going to be an elite defender with that bounce, speed, and shot blocking. No one's playing back to the basket bully ball. His only question mark is health due to that height. He will fill out he's just 19.

Reactions: Devo182
I think he’s ready for it. They didn’t send him to NYC last month for nothing.
We forget those first few games were before he had much time to work with his receivers. They’re all dialed in together now.

Those WRs were so bad the first few games I was worried we were going to have to hit the portal hard. It wasn't just Joe - they dropped Hooker's passes too and he overthrew targets (which tells you the WRs just weren't where they were supposed to be). But remember that year we replaced everyone. JJ had gone to the NFL and we had no experience at WR, an entirely new offense, 30+ players gone in the aftermath of Pruitt being fired and 2 transfer QBs along with a brand new coach. They finally started to gel after the Florida game but they simply weren't in sync before then. I think Milton was all that much harder for the WRs to adjust to because he throws so hard but they were a mess until they gelled and started to understand the offense (understandable, imo, but Joe got stuck with all the blame).

Heisman. Get the money down now.
Get the bet in now and you can cash out midseason if he's having a decent year for a good profit. Turn $10 into $80 or $100 into $800 roughly. . . that's about where Hooker's cashout was offered at. I wouldn't let it ride til the end, just based on Tennessee's track record with the Heistman.

Those WRs were so bad the first few games I was worried we were going to have to hit the portal hard. It wasn't just Joe - they dropped Hooker's passes too and he overthrew targets (which tells you the WRs just weren't where they were supposed to be). But remember that year we replaced everyone. JJ had gone to the NFL and we had no experience at WR, an entirely new offense, 30+ players gone in the aftermath of Pruitt being fired and 2 transfer QBs along with a brand new coach. They finally started to gel after the Florida game but they simply weren't in sync before then. I think Milton was all that much harder for the WRs to adjust to because he throws so hard but they were a mess until they gelled and started to understand the offense (understandable, imo, but Joe got stuck with all the blame).

Absolutely. Vol fans are rightfully scarred from the JG experience where people tried to hype a broke-from-the-start prospect, but there are no similarities between him and Milton.

Reactions: UTProf
I know this is very unlikely, but imagine a DL class of Williams, Rushing, and Franklin, pair that with Bradley, Herring, West and Hobbs 😳

Reactions: Glitch
Tonight I’m on my “once every three months” rewatch of videos from last years bama game. I was front row of the student section, and probably one of the first feet in the endzone after the kick went through. I get tears in my eyes every time I watch videos from every single angle of that night. Just sharing this because damn - how lucky are we that we got to experience that night together? Unbelievably thankful (and excited for more of those nights with all of you).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back