Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, I'm just being honest. I wasn't the only person walking out -- people were leaving in droves. Over the years, I've heard thousands of people say they stayed until the end yet the stands were 2/3 empty when the fumble happened.

I'll stay until the end if we have a fighting chance. That game is the only one in 40+ years of UT football I screwed up. It was seriously over. Only a miracle could save us and we got it.

My wife and I were walking out of the 2009 UT-Bama game in Tuscaloosa. She needed to use the bathroom, and I watched on the concourse tv’s when Ingram fumbled, and we proceeded to move the ball down the field. We hadn’t moved it all day, and I was tired of the officiating. We watched the onsides and kick attempt at the top of a tunnel.

Hey man, I'm just being honest. I wasn't the only person walking out -- people were leaving in droves. Over the years, I've heard thousands of people say they stayed until the end yet the stands were 2/3 empty when the fumble happened.

I'll stay until the end if we have a fighting chance. That game is the only one in 40+ years of UT football I screwed up. It was seriously over. Only a miracle could save us and we got it.
I left also, my seven year old was soaking wet and I was so disappointed.

Reactions: Mike4Vols
Do you go to a gym to exercise, do you have a home gym, or just don't workout? Speaking of neck gains. . . anyone seen @nicksjuzunk lately?
My son absolutely loves to workout. Gym or home. I think this is too much. He about died when he had to get an XL shirt the other day so hoping he will quit. 😆 F8BF6CB2-143A-484A-91F8-E52F923CBFEC.jpeg

Engine lost power. Prop apparently just windmilling:

Low power, but still running. He goosed it on the taxi and clearly killed the engine at the end. But loss of power in the mountains is no joke.

I had an engine that wouldn't make full power on a flight through the mountains. Was unable to maintain ATC designated altitude while on an IFR plan. Not fun. Got rebuilt shortly after.

I was as well....that's the last time I did that...now I won't leave until the Tennessee Waltz and the final Rocky Top has played.

Can't just brush off Platoon, though; made by actual Vietnam Vet, who just so happens to be a great filmmaker. Wonderful film!

But, yeah, AN was an amazing movie. Bout drove Coppola crazy. Heart Of Darkness was a great book, too.

Have you seen the doc his wife made of the making of the movie, called ironically enough Heart of Darkness. It is amazing. Almost as good as the movie. Meta before meta was a thing.

Back then we stayed for every second of every game whether we we were up or down by 50…. Now we may leave a couple minutes early when the back ups are in and just running up the middle.

Reactions: VolNash17
Have you seen the doc his wife made of the making of the movie, called ironically enough Heart of Darkness. It is amazing. Almost as good as the movie. Meta before meta was a thing.
I've never watched all of it, just bits and pieces over the years. It's one of those, have always wanted to, but has never happened. One day. What I have seen, it seems brilliant.

Bad weather, TOO MUCH going on, and Brando. What a filmmaker had to put up with because of that dude. However, look what you got on the big screen for your troubles. He was truly mesmerizing in AN, and that's something I don't just throw around.

I believe the dude who created madtv is the one who made Heart Of Darkness, right? Or am I thinking about someone/something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back