Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Photo "Dump":)

Hogtowne.........

university-of-florida-campus.jpg

Nashville getting a baseball team (it’s not a matter of if but when) would most definitely take a chunk out of the Georgia teams support in the state of Tennessee. Maybe less in East Tennessee but most certainly in middle and west. Fans want a team. Nashville is rapidly growing. Perfect situation
Dear god please.

Then all these Georgia Braves baseball fans can stop rubbing elbows with barking humans and end their cognitive dissonance rooting for the enemy and his friends.

i've seen several posts over the past few weeks talking about where we'll be ranked and that it should be top 5 if we get this or that etc....i've seen some others with maybe some more realistic in the top 10.

obviously not all recruiting services are created equal, but for the sake of argument since 247 has the calculator, i went and plugged in the following to our class:
1687972821612.png

i think everyone would agree that if this is how we finished, we'd be very happy......

our class total closing that way is:
1687972877950.png

so 2 things...how would that look on the national rankings the past few years? how does it compare with our previous classes point totals?
2023: 8th--277 points we finished 10th.
2022: 6th--233 points we finished 17th.
2021: 5th--219 points, we finished 22nd
2020: 6th--261 points, we finished 11th
2019: 3rd--270 points, we finished 13th
2018: 4th--231 points, we finished 21st
2017: 7th--237 points, we finished 17th
2016: 4th--253 points, we finished 14th
2015: 3rd--286 points, we finished 4th

no idea how it translates this year, but UGA is already at 297 pts for '24 and is currently #1. we have 220 points right now, 14 commits, 90 average, 12th nationally. Alabama is currently 32nd with 8 commits, but a 94 average, with 179 points. so they've got some upward mobility as they close their class out.

i point this out only to say that i think the rankings are at best a guide. no one would argue with closing our class out with the guys i plugged in there, and we'd all think that's great. i just wouldn't get hung up on the number next to us when it's all said and done. it's not likely going to be top 5. but should fall somewhere in the 6-8 range easily. looking at the rankings right now, you can probably pencil UGA, Bama, OSU, Florida, Clemson, LSU and Oregon in the top 10. us, South Carolina, USC, Penn St, ND, Michigan all hanging around there as well, though i expect a few of those to come back to the pack so to speak.

if we close this class out like we seem to be on track to do, regardless of where it ranks, it's potentially the best class we've had in more than a decade.....and is the 2nd class in a row to what i would call "stacking classes". in fact, i went back as far back as 247 class rankings go (2010) and we've never had a class finish with that point total. closest was 2015.

Lifetime institution. Can’t imagine there not being a market for salty, greasy goodness.

Utz bought 'em out in 2016 and I guess post COVID has decided to just get rid of them. No official announcement or anything, but just closed a big facility in Bama.

i've seen several posts over the past few weeks talking about where we'll be ranked and that it should be top 5 if we get this or that etc....i've seen some others with maybe some more realistic in the top 10.

obviously not all recruiting services are created equal, but for the sake of argument since 247 has the calculator, i went and plugged in the following to our class:
View attachment 559651

i think everyone would agree that if this is how we finished, we'd be very happy......

View attachment 559652

so 2 things...how would that look on the national rankings the past few years? how does it compare with our previous classes point totals?

no idea how it translates this year, but UGA is already at 297 pts for '24 and is currently #1. we have 220 points right now, 14 commits, 90 average, 12th nationally. Alabama is currently 32nd with 8 commits, but a 94 average, with 179 points. so they've got some upward mobility as they close their class out.

i point this out only to say that i think the rankings are at best a guide. no one would argue with closing our class out with the guys i plugged in there, and we'd all think that's great. i just wouldn't get hung up on the number next to us when it's all said and done. it's not likely going to be top 5. but should fall somewhere in the 6-8 range easily. looking at the rankings right now, you can probably pencil UGA, Bama, OSU, Florida, Clemson, LSU and Oregon in the top 10. us, South Carolina, USC, Penn St, ND, Michigan all hanging around there as well, though i expect a few of those to come back to the pack so to speak.

if we close this class out like we seem to be on track to do, regardless of where it ranks, it's potentially the best class we've had in more than a decade.....and is the 2nd class in a row to what i would call "stacking classes". in fact, i went back as far back as 247 class rankings go (2010) and we've never had a class finish with that point total. closest was 2015.
Mostly agree.

Though I've also noticed a lot of talent consolidation in recent years. It's why the Blue Chip guy has been talking about how now there's a tier of teams that are 80%+ bluechips - which didn't use to exist.

To say: a recruit average for a class or point total may have some inflation these days.

Feels like our trajectory is solid regardless.

grade of slaw is a VolNation lexicon. Not sure where it originated, but a lot of the old timers around here and I am definitely old, use that phrase instead of grain of salt.
Speaking of slaw,is it Coleslaw or Coldslaw? Better with or without sugar in it? Made with mayonnaise or milk? kFC or LJS which is better?

Reactions: drvenner
My daughter is from China, you cretin. I have been there and it is not a dump.
Fantastic people and beautiful landscapes. Plenty of my good friends (and my 100% best friend) and exes were 2nd gen Chinese or Taiwanese growing up in Knoxville and going to UT.

Native Chinese being folks that mostly focus on working hard and trying to get ahead. Like ourselves, especially as foreigners would speak of us, you have to separate a peoples' government and its actions, from its people.

View attachment 559651

View attachment 559652

You forgot Braylon Staley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back