Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vol Nation....
I need your support & prayers.
My wife was admitted to the hospital late last night. She suffered a stroke at 35 years old and is pregnant with our 3rd child. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Lifting you and your family up in prayer and all the positive feelings I can. Truly hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

I've got a chair and a small table in my backyard. It is not under any trees or roof, just kinda sitting out on the pool deck area.

The past few weeks I've notice something pretty strange. After sitting there for a minute, I'll feel something drop on me. At first I thought it was a bug flying into me. Then I saw what it was. . . a small piece of dirt, about the size of a BB.

Since I've noticed this for the first time a few weeks ago, every time I sit there, a little piece of dirt about the size of a BB hits me somewhere. . . shoulder arm, leg, etc.

Its really strange, because there are no trees or anything above the chair for a good distance. The dirt is too big to be blown by a gust of wind and the wind is never really blowing hard when it happens anyway.

Is @Sally somehow responsible for this? 😂

Really, can anyone explain this?

i worked at the Pals in Colonial Heights back in the early 90’s. 🤣. Every time i go home i make it a point to stop by and chow down!
At a minimum, we get Frenchie Fries every single time we go. More often than not, we pick up burgers and fries as soon as we hit the exit, LOL and take some for my brother in law and his family. Best drive through burgers and fries in the area by far.

Thanks. I had a 2007 awhile back, but now that kid is off to college, no more sedans😁
They say Porsches are really fun cars to own. You can daily drive them and their performance is lights out. Most people I know who've owned/own one would never pick a different sports car in that price range. . . some would choose a 911 over any vehicle, no matter the price of either car.

I have a buddy who's in a group called "MVading the Dragon", its mostly BMW's, but several Porsches show up to their drives. You may want to check them out on facebook, if you like stuff like that. . .

Last edited:

That forces the players to prove they are innocent or that no/insufficient evidence exists, which helps the charged school if they are successful.

That's not how things are intended to work. If the State Attorney General is weighing in on player rights, then it seems smart to base your policies on something resembling "innocent until proven guilty".

Skrmetti was raring for a fight, if needed, according to a letter he sent the NCAA before Pruitt and UT appeared before a Committee on Infractions in a hearing.

The letter was obtained by Knox News through an open records request.

“Tennessee law prohibits the NCAA from imposing such a sanction (as a postseason ban), and I will not hesitate to vindicate the rights of UT students to enjoy the full measure of their intercollegiate athletic opportunities,” Skrmetti wrote in the letter.

“NCAA rules cannot supersede Tennessee law.”

Skrmetti cited Tennessee Code 49-7-2803, which was amended in April 2022 with a carveout to protect student-athletes from being punished for violations they didn’t commit.

“An athletic association’s governing actions … must not interfere with an intercollegiate athlete’s ability to earn compensation in accordance with this part and must not otherwise impact an intercollegiate athlete’s eligibility or full participation in intercollegiate athletic events,” the law says, “unless the intercollegiate athlete has committed a violation of rules.”

"Listen NCAA. Feel free to mess around with Tennessee athletes, but be forewarned the amount of find out you will receive will be directly proportional to the amount of mess around you exude."

- Tennessee AG Skrmetti

The NCAA used the fine as the big stick to warn future transgressors. The lack of bowl ban ends the opponents lying in recruiting and does not unfairly penalize the current and future roster. Where the AA messed it all up is not immediately suspending the players who took the cash, allowing them to play on with their new employer, oopsie, I mean school. They had evidence and/or testimony of payment of the players or they would not have brought forth the notice. Suspend the affected players. Warn the schools using them if the subject players were eventually found guilty of accepting improper benefits the schools will also be subject to penalties. That forces the players to prove they are innocent or that no/insufficient evidence exists, which helps the charged school if they are successful.

The NCAA is intentionally evading the whole point. It takes two to tango against the rules. If the players stick their hands out for cash they are as guilty as those giving it. In the current process they give benefits to the schools who take the cheating players.
That's what I said earlier. There is no incentive for players not to take money under the table. They should pay a price as well.

Walk Hard?
Talladega Nights?
6f8677df-b847-4011-96c1-fdfc5f77a104_text.gif

Nice! I mean it is no 2010 Volvo S40 with the 4 cylinder engine with almost 200k miles, but it'll get you where you need to go I guess.
Shiiii, 2011 Toyotie Highlander, Ltd. ONLY 120K.

The coup de grass is that tres babies have thrown food and other unimaginables in places yens will never find.

Work does provide me with a car also. Last week was 2023 Nissan Frontier. Not gonna lie, was posh.

I've got a chair and a small table in my backyard. It is not under any trees or roof, just kinda sitting out on the pool deck area.

The past few weeks I've notice something pretty strange. After sitting there for a minute, I'll feel something drop on me. At first I thought it was a bug flying into me. Then I saw what it was. . . a small piece of dirt, about the size of a BB.

Since I've noticed this for the first time a few weeks ago, every time I sit there, a little piece of dirt about the size of a BB hits me somewhere. . . shoulder arm, leg, etc.

Its really strange, because there are no trees or anything above the chair for a good distance. The dirt is too big to be blown by a gust of wind and the wind is never really blowing hard when it happens anyway.

Is @Sally somehow responsible for this? 😂

Really, can anyone explain this?
aliens-history.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back