Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a chair and a small table in my backyard. It is not under any trees or roof, just kinda sitting out on the pool deck area.

The past few weeks I've notice something pretty strange. After sitting there for a minute, I'll feel something drop on me. At first I thought it was a bug flying into me. Then I saw what it was. . . a small piece of dirt, about the size of a BB.

Since I've noticed this for the first time a few weeks ago, every time I sit there, a little piece of dirt about the size of a BB hits me somewhere. . . shoulder arm, leg, etc.

Its really strange, because there are no trees or anything above the chair for a good distance. The dirt is too big to be blown by a gust of wind and the wind is never really blowing hard when it happens anyway.

Is @Sally somehow responsible for this? 😂

Really, can anyone explain this?

To many marijuanas is the best I got.

That’s okay with me. That’s what the recruits are looking at. Make it the top headline. Only helps Tennessee. The visit and scholarship reductions can be worked easily to our advantage.
Telling a recruit that they are special enough to be trusted with one of our limited visits or scholarships can help them to feel honored to receive the opportunity at Tennessee. At uga or bama, you are just another number. You will ride the pine there. At Tennessee, you will play, win and embarrass those schools in the national spotlight!

Come be a part of

15-0 🤠

This is why UT and the Chancellor mentioned no postseason ban in their comments. The reality is, it was an empty threat and everybody knew it. Sankey co-chairs an NCAA committee that's against it and the SEC isn't going to let member schools miss high-profile bowls. They weren't going to punish current SAs for the past misdeeds of others and the conference wasn't going to take a revenue hit or eliminate a potential playoff contender. Bowl ban was off the table way back, and Sankey was at the hearing with UT to quash anything that would unduly impact current SAs or the SEC.

Negative recruiting will continue, but you're right-- UT will find a positive spin to counteract. Good to have it behind us.

6f8677df-b847-4011-96c1-fdfc5f77a104_text.gif

Shiiii, 2011 Toyotie Highlander, Ltd. ONLY 120K.

The coup de grass is that tres babies have thrown food and other unimaginables in places yens will never find.

Work does provide me with a car also. Last week was 2023 Nissan Frontier. Not gonna lie, was posh.

Look at Mr. Fancy Pants with his car with under 150k miles! lol

first time in a decade

When we bought my car, it had 80k on it. First time I had ever owned a car with less than 100k miles on it. Now almost 120k miles later, I am about to go over 200k and the car is still running great. My middle daughter turns 16 in December and will be wanting a car at some point. Hoping the Volvo can hang on for a little while longer. Dang kids is spensives.

When we bought my car, it had 80k on it. First time I had ever owned a car with less than 100k miles on it. Now almost 120k miles later, I am about to go over 200k and the car is still running great. My middle daughter turns 16 in December and will be wanting a car at some point. Hoping the Volvo can hang on for a little while longer. Dang kids is spensives.
They are.

Got a little stock, in Toyota. Tried subarus, tried Hondas.

Here on out, its Toyota. Hate to say it but, hope the 10 yo likes Highlanders.

They are.

Got a little stock, in Toyota. Tried subarus, tried Hondas.

Here on out, its Toyota. Hate to say it but, hope the 10 yo likes Highlanders.

I am wanting to get something a little taller. Thinking about a pickup or SUV. Getting in and out of a little sedan with my arthritic hips isn't getting any easier. I like the Tacoma. I have heard good reviews on them.

I am wanting to get something a little taller. Thinking about a pickup or SUV. Getting in and out of a little sedan with my arthritic hips isn't getting any easier. I like the Tacoma. I have heard good reviews on them.
Having driven both, I will say. If it were today, Id buy the frontier. Slightly more HP, looser suspension, much more posh interior. More attractive options in the $49K range. For instance, gotta have a sun roof. Toyota doesnt include that until the Ltd package, I believe, at this point I would envision a loaded Taco is north of $50K.

Here's the common denominator, and listen. I can change oil, tires, and possibly an air filter😂.

Folks who know what the haites they're talking about say Nissan's are more expensive to fix on the backend.

Ive tried and tried other brands. In the end, long term its always best to go Toyota. So even if I looove that Frontier now. In ten years, when the tranny is out. Toyota, with its road noise, will be stretching saying 'ok, im warmed up.'

Idk about the quality but the ‘23 Chevy Colorado looks pretty nice too. Have always thought I’d like a Tacoma tho and have also always heard great reviews from owners

Having driven both, I will say. If it were today, Id buy the frontier. Slightly more HP, looser suspension, much more posh interior. More attractive options in the $49K range. For instance, gotta have a sun roof. Toyota doesnt include that until the Ltd package, I believe, at this point I would envision a loaded Taco is north of $50K.

Here's the common denominator, and listen. I can change oil, tires, and possibly an air filter😂.

Folks who know what the haites they're talking about say Nissan's are more expensive to fix on the backend.

Ive tried and tried other brands. In the end, long term its always best to go Toyota. So even if I looove that Frontier now. In ten years, when the tranny is out. Toyota, with its road noise, will be stretching saying 'ok, im warmed up.'
I drive a 2006 Honda Accord. Bought it with 130,000 miles for $5,200. Today it has 251,000 miles. Both daughters have driven it regularly. Son drove it for two months, Wife drove it for almost two years. I got it with 225k and it still gets 32 mph

I drive a 2006 Honda Accord. Bought it with 130,000 miles for $5,200. Today it has 251,000 miles. Both daughters have driven it regularly. Son drove it for two months, Wife drove it for almost two years. I got it with 225k and it still gets 32 mph
My first car was a 1988 Volkswagen Jetta. Loved that car.

Well, I will be buying used whatever I get. Nissan's used to have a really great reputation and I owned a Frontier years ago. In the past several years I have not seen great reviews for Nissan vehicles in general, but Toyotas seem to have solid reviews without many systemic issues with quality.

Sounds great. Wish we'd have had that luck.

Well, I will be buying used whatever I get. Nissan's used to have a really great reputation and I owned a Frontier years ago. In the past several years I have not seen great reviews for Nissan vehicles in general, but Toyotas seem to have solid reviews without many systemic issues with quality.
I think everything is expensive to work on these days.

Idk about the quality but the ‘23 Chevy Colorado looks pretty nice too. Have always thought I’d like a Tacoma tho and have also always heard great reviews from owners

Yeah. I like the look of the newer model F-150s and the Chevy/GMC's as well. I will probably be looking at models are 2015 or so. I always buy used. Can't afford new and don't want a car loan. Don't care for debt if I can avoid it.

We fell bass ackwards into a 2004 Honda Accord during the height of the used car market peak. My MIL's neighbor's father is in his 90's and couldn't drive anymore they were just about to sell it when my MIL mentioned we were looking for something for our daughter. It had about 120k miles on it and in great shape otherwise. They would not take any more than $2,500 even though we insisted. I told my daughter that her car would last her for years and years to come if she took good care of it. Hondas just don't quit. Great quality vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back