Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh the olde tranny issues
200.gif

Yeah. I like the look of the newer model F-150s and the Chevy/GMC's as well. I will probably be looking at models are 2015 or so. I always buy used. Can't afford new and don't want a car loan. Don't care for debt if I can avoid it.

I hear you, I like the look of the newer models but I’m hanging onto a ‘14 f-150. Have considered trading in multiple times but the thought of having any car payment at all disgusts me.

My mother had a bug it was Red White and Blue seriously looked like the American Flag without the stars. My favorite automobile I had was an 85 Ford Ranger 5 Speed that was my baby.😞😞😞😞
It’s funny how attached we are to our old cars. Great memories. Used to change my own breaks, oil, adjust carb. I’m an engineer, and just looking at the engine on a Porsche gives me night sweats thinking about working on it.

I've got a chair and a small table in my backyard. It is not under any trees or roof, just kinda sitting out on the pool deck area.

The past few weeks I've notice something pretty strange. After sitting there for a minute, I'll feel something drop on me. At first I thought it was a bug flying into me. Then I saw what it was. . . a small piece of dirt, about the size of a BB.

Since I've noticed this for the first time a few weeks ago, every time I sit there, a little piece of dirt about the size of a BB hits me somewhere. . . shoulder arm, leg, etc.

Its really strange, because there are no trees or anything above the chair for a good distance. The dirt is too big to be blown by a gust of wind and the wind is never really blowing hard when it happens anyway.

Is @Sally somehow responsible for this? 😂

Really, can anyone explain this?
Wasps and dirt daubers carry wood pulp and/or mud to make their nests. It's possible you're in a flight path.

It’s funny how attached we are to our old cars. Great memories. Used to change my own breaks, oil, adjust carb. I’m an engineer, and just looking at the engine on a Porsche gives me night sweats thinking about working on it.
My uncle and his wife drove a pinto for I bet 25 years they loved that thing.

Sorry but I ain’t ever taking a ride with you driving. The vehicle would break and your brakes won’t function.

I was channel surfing the other day and come across this obscure channel about people with mental disorders and one guy actually had a uhhhh, personal relationship with his car. He was kissing it and it was freaking me out man. Apparently there is a psychological term for it. It was a 2000 or so vintage red Lumina or Chevy.

How disgusting. A Chevy! At least be a red Lambo
lol

Skrmetti was raring for a fight, if needed, according to a letter he sent the NCAA before Pruitt and UT appeared before a Committee on Infractions in a hearing.

The letter was obtained by Knox News through an open records request.

“Tennessee law prohibits the NCAA from imposing such a sanction (as a postseason ban), and I will not hesitate to vindicate the rights of UT students to enjoy the full measure of their intercollegiate athletic opportunities,” Skrmetti wrote in the letter.

“NCAA rules cannot supersede Tennessee law.”

Skrmetti cited Tennessee Code 49-7-2803, which was amended in April 2022 with a carveout to protect student-athletes from being punished for violations they didn’t commit.

“An athletic association’s governing actions … must not interfere with an intercollegiate athlete’s ability to earn compensation in accordance with this part and must not otherwise impact an intercollegiate athlete’s eligibility or full participation in intercollegiate athletic events,” the law says, “unless the intercollegiate athlete has committed a violation of rules.”

Smart…..a move I think every state school would have made.

@Rishvol just finished The Lost Metal. Epically good. Really loved it.

Really thought the ghostbloods tie in was very interesting. Wayne might be my favorite Sanderson character, and that is saying something. Also liked all the extra Cosmere stuff. Going to have to do some more reading up on it as I know more and more about it, but it is complex and involved.

I drive a 2006 Honda Accord. Bought it with 130,000 miles for $5,200. Today it has 251,000 miles. Both daughters have driven it regularly. Son drove it for two months, Wife drove it for almost two years. I got it with 225k and it still gets 32 mph
I bought a 96 Accord 18 years ago for $1K, it was a junker. I told my wife I wouldn't get another vehicle until that car died. 12 years and 280K miles later the transmission dropped out and she gave up the ghost. Sold it for $400 to a guys wanting to sell the parts off of it and never looked back. Now there will always be Honda in my driveway. We currently have a 22 Pilot, a 14 Accord and a 05 Civic gracing our driveway and I'm looking to add a CRV to my collection.

Tennessee must vacate all 11 wins from '19, '20

Kay Norton, president emerita at Northern Colorado and the chief hearing officer for the NCAA panel, called the violations "egregious and expansive," making it "one of the largest cases this committee has ever adjudicated."

Come on Kay, get out more. Half this forum could point you to infractions much bigger to adjudicate

Oh well…we all moved on

I am wanting to get something a little taller. Thinking about a pickup or SUV. Getting in and out of a little sedan with my arthritic hips isn't getting any easier. I like the Tacoma. I have heard good reviews on them.
See if @Jackcrevol will sell you his truck. I bet he's ready for a new one.

R.2735a45462e990509f37e6c146609c3b

I was channel surfing the other day and come across this obscure channel about people with mental disorders and one guy actually had a uhhhh, personal relationship with his car. He was kissing it and it was freaking me out man. Apparently there is a psychological term for it. It was a 2000 or so vintage red Lumina or Chevy.

How disgusting. A Chevy! At least be a red Lambo
lol
1689523999150.gif

I made a mistake a few years ago and bought a Ford Escape. Never again, only Toyota and Honda for me. I used to like Nissan, but their transmission problems have scared me away.
Nissan transmission just bit us several months ago. Never again.

Not even going to try to have it repaired. Writing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back