Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids were born when I was 39 and 42. It definitely possible that I could be 70 before my first grandchild is born. I will be 61 this year. I’m here for it!

33, 43, and 45 for me. I’ve considered having one more just to increase the odds that one of them will love me enough to take care of me in my old age.
Everytime I’ve changed a dirty diaper I’ve thought: are you the one?

Physically, Joe Milton is the perfect modern QB. He literally has no ceiling. I really hope CJH can unlock him because if so...look out.

Don't hate on me for the comparison but Joe Milton has a chance to do what Michael Vick could've done had he not gotten caught up in keeping it too real with his friends from the past. Joe doesn't have that baggage or those personality flaws but he does have the arm and ability to move.

Don't hate on me for the comparison but Joe Milton has a chance to do what Michael Vick could've done had he not gotten caught up in keeping it too real with his friends from the past. Joe doesn't have that baggage or those personality flaws but he does have the arm and ability to move.
I don’t see them as being the same type of player at all. I’ve never seen Milton run like Vick could

I am excited about Milton leading the Vols this year. One thing about his running , it could be a major weapon. Milton at times in the past looked tentative at times running then at other times looked pretty tough. He needs to be smart about it but when he does run he needs to run aggressively and with more overall authority. He is a strider if he will just go. If he can make the short and intermediate throws and can take what they give him at times with his feet, we’re going to be hard to handle on offense. GBO

and the speed of new receiver Dont’e Thornton Jr., a transfer from Oregon.

“It’s a different type of speed … it’s unheard of,” Milton said.

.[/SPOILER]

Hold up... Did I just read this from a guy used to throwing to Squirrel White? Oh Lawdy, I knew Dont'e was gonna be that guy. Now it's confirmed.

I don’t see them as being the same type of player at all. I’ve never seen Milton run like Vick could

He hasn't so far. It's the arm, potential in running, and size. Vick could've been an all time NFL QB had he not screwed up. That's what I'm saying Milton could be.

Vick was the best running qb of all time. Tap all dem brakes.

33, 43, and 45 for me. I’ve considered having one more just to increase the odds that one of them will love me enough to take care of me in my old age.
Everytime I’ve changed a dirty diaper I’ve thought: are you the one?

200w.gif

Thanks for the laugh!

I hope you're right. They've gone from a team that I kinda liked to a fanbase that I want to bring pain to so bad. I'm not spiteful often but when I am they usually deserve it. 🤣

Two years ago my random and seemingly inexplicable spite was reserved for Missouri, because one of their local sportswriters came on radio here saying they felt it was between them, Kentucky, and Florida for the number 2 spot in the east. I wanted to beat them down and put them in their place.

Last year it was Kentucky for the same reason.

This year it is SC for obvious reasons.

For Florida, Georgia, and Bama, spite is the air I breath.

I am excited about Milton leading the Vols this year. One thing about his running , it could be a major weapon. Milton at times in the past looked tentative at times running then at other times looked pretty tough. He needs to be smart about it but when he does run he needs to run aggressively and with more overall authority. He is a strider if he will just go. If he can make the short and intermediate throws and can take what they give him at times with his feet, we’re going to be hard to handle on offense. GBO
I've got a feeling he is gonna have a few runs where he just obliterates the defender. Kinda like Bru did to the Clemson CB, but about 50 time worse. I noticed several times last year he put this shoulder down on a few runs. It was refreshing after how he seemed to shy away from contact his first season here.

He's got the size and power to make defenders pay big-time. I hope he gets nasty and decides to use it. . . like Eric Berry hits, but on offense, 😂. It would be a blood bath vs 180lb DBs. That would open a lot of eyes.

It's kinda funny... I do think Joe needs to improve his running but I was mostly thinking about Vick's arm because it's considered one of the strongest ever.

Vick was the best running qb of all time. Tap all dem brakes.

Vick had one of the strongest arms ever. That's what I'm talking about. But I don't think Vick is close on running QBs. He was just one of the first of this wave - damn good at it but I wouldn't consider him the best at that.

Yeah, that one is open to interpretation upon rereading 😬
I think it's a classic just the way you intended it.

It reminded me immediately of the classic account of the prudent wife who is running circles around the vain spouse in Xenophon's Oeconomicus. And that is high praise. She understood the role of small things in bonding by nature; the spouse understood only his "position of authority" by convention. And also indicates your comic intention. Well done. No way I won't steal your non-joke joke.

Reactions: KptVFL
Hold up... Did I just read this from a guy used to throwing to Squirrel White? Oh Lawdy, I knew Dont'e was gonna be that guy. Now it's confirmed.
I think a lot of people are gonna be shocked at how Thornton looks. The first time he shows his speed on a big play is gonna be another eye opener. I believe there are several players who are gonna open the eyes of all the people who think they already know their game.

I think a lot of people are gonna be shocked at how Thornton looks. The first time he shows his speed on a big play is gonna be another eye opener. I believe there are several players who are gonna open the eyes of all the people who think they already know their game.

I'm not shocked so much as thrilled at getting confirmation. I'd already been told by Oregon peeps that his speed was real. He's been the one pickup I've been super-excited about because he's got the body too. Just a perfect combo for a WR.

Coach Stocker has a nice ring to it.

Too bad that Kentucky QB Levis is going to get them all fired.
I hope he genuinely earned the job, and this isn’t a PR move to try to earn favor with Vols fans for not drafting Hooker.
happy for Luke, but I’m not asking for my Titans fan card back. I turned it in and I’m done with them… only time I’ve ever done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back