Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only has the most rushing yards ever by a QB in NFL history.
I think people forget, Vick was a damned sidewinder missile before he got older. Absolutely greased lightning. His first few years in the NFL and in college in the game against Miami especially, he could run anywhere on the field he wanted to and nobody was going to catch him. Absurd 40 time for a quarterback and he was shifty as can be

I think people forget, Vick was a damned sidewinder missile before he got older. Absolutely greased lightning. His first few years in the NFL and in college in the game against Miami especially, he could run anywhere on the field he wanted to and nobody was going to catch him. Absurd 40 time for a quarterback and he was shifty as can be

That's probably fair. Post-conviction Vick wasn't the same a pre- conviction Vick. But I still think when you talk about best running QBs you have to branch out from the NFL. Condredge Holloway, Cam in college, Johnny Manziel in college etc.

Reactions: SoilVol
Similar arms. If Milton hones up his accuracy and recognition, he’s a superior passer.
I agree that if Milton progresses, the sky is the limit based on potential. He’s just nowhere near the type of runner Vick was. I mean, Josh Allen has a cannon and is a pretty good runner, are we comparing him to Vick also? That’s meant for the OP.

I agree that if Milton progresses, the sky is the limit based on potential. He’s just nowhere near the type of runner Vick was. I mean, Josh Allen has a cannon and is a pretty good runner, are we comparing him to Vick also? That’s meant for the OP.

Josh Allen didn't play for a college team I watched. And he kinda sucked until he didn't. So I suppose there's some similarity in that but Milton is hopefully getting it cleaned up before he's drafted as a project.

That's probably fair. Post-conviction Vick wasn't the same a pre- conviction Vick. But I still think when you talk about best running QBs you have to branch out from the NFL. Condredge Holloway, Cam in college, Johnny Manziel in college etc.
I so vividly remember Vince Young against USC in the Rose Bowl. Best QB running I can remember. And then came the Titans...

You can never see too many pics of me.
reasonsimbroke-larry-david.gif

Condredge had that rare gift for just never going down. Dobbs reminded me a lot of his old tape.

Rookie season Mike Vick is a complete abnormality for quarterbacks. You never see a guy with that combination of skill and athletecism play quarterback that late in life because 999/1000 times that dude is making way more money playing another sport.

Toward a typology of RF time wasters... 😂

(1) Trolls.

(2) Effectual trolls (i.e., people who may even think they are Vols fans but are so negative that there is no effectual difference between them and an intentional troll).

(3) "Run of the mill" negavols who told themselves long ago that nothing good with ever happen, and swarm like flies to feces to have been proven "right" when anything negative happens. As if the event could justify their maladjusted disposition.

(4) Drama queens: they just want uproar and never miss a chance to precipitate and participate in it.

(5) The psychologically incompetent: they irrationally take some moderator's or poster's remark as an accomplished fact and earnestly if without any rational ground really believe we lost a commit we never had.

(6) Handwringers and Chicken Littles: these guys are actually fans but weak and fret and worry about everything. They could profit from some mental push ups, wind sprints, and applications of the taser gif. Prolly need to lose a lot of mental baby fat.

Last edited:
Condredge had that rare gift for just never going down. Dobbs reminded me a lot of his old tape.

Rookie season Mike Vick is a complete abnormality for quarterbacks. You never see a guy with that combination of skill and athletecism play quarterback that late in life because 999/1000 times that dude is making way more money playing another sport.

If you can play another sport, you should. I love watching football, I really do. But baseball and basketball offer players more. You can make more money, play longer, and not beat up your body so bad. TBH, Joe Milton should be mad as hell at the coach who forbade him to ever touch a baseball again because he would likely be a superstar at it.

They are so right.

I mean we’ve already went all the way through Y2 of Heupel, after he came in to a monster roster and situation, and haven’t achieved a daggum thing. No major wins. No ranked teams. Nowhere to be seen in the CFB Playoff rankings. Only hoping and dreaming of facing Clemson in a bowl game one day…yeah right.

I mean, how can we seriously think we’ll attain any kind of trophies in the next few years, when Heupel is already such a bust?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back