Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if yall've done the match but if we don't turn it up in recruiting we are likely going to barely finish inside the top 15 of the rankings. We don't have many targets left and there are several under us that have turned it up a notch.

Please stop posting ignorant BS. Please show us the targets the coaches have given you.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Now that I think about it that sounds right. Leaves plenty of room for transfers. While still bringing in a surplus of talent. So they only need to land four more guys? Yeah that will happen easily. Between Ross, Franklin, Cole, Bennett, Jefferson, Wingo, Salapenga, and more that shoot up the rankings during the season that will be more than enough.
22 seems light. Especially when you consider more targets will pop up when the high school season starts.

1974 Liberty Bowl

Vols beat Maryland 7-3

My little league football coach took the whole team and bought us all tickets. The team piled into the 4 coaches pickup trucks (end of December) to ride to/from the game. It was glorious. I became a VFL that day.

Actually, I misremembered that it was the 1971 Liberty Bowl against Arkansas. The final score was 14-13 Vols. The story above was for this game.

Sorry VN…I went to both games, but my brother in law took me to the 1974 game. 🤠

I honestly prefer #3 to #2.
6598295-Rick-Rigsby-Quote-Son-if-you-re-not-going-to-do-it-right-it-s-not.jpg
If number 1 is pee and number 2v is poop, I don't think I want to know what number 3 is.

It was probably as simple as….. they wanted to bring in a guy for a different position…. Banks as went through the mini-camp practices I think…. I read they thought that they were going to have more openings at linebacker but that is not the case.
Correct, this is simply Banks is not good enough. This was report day and he was let go. They evaluated in mini camp and let him go. This was Bucs announcing it. The tweet did not say he reported and was cut. Tweet just said Bucs announced today on day rookies reported. I think it strange for some posters to think this is some character flaw. Banks is undersized for edge rusher and poor in pass coverage for LB in NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Qualifications for Preseason All-SEC teams:

#1 Plays at Alabama
#2 Plays at UGA
#3 Ranked highly by 247 as a recruit
#4 Does not play at UT
#5 In fact, never considered UT during recruitment
#6 LittleVol raves about the player's highlight tape
#7 Received $$$ from Jeremy Pruitt in an empty Trident gum box
#8 PFF rating
#9 Was credited with 'allowing a TD' to Hyatt during the 2022 season
#10 Does not have Bruin on 'ignore list'
#5249 Actual production on the football field

I don't know if yall've done the match but if we don't turn it up in recruiting we are likely going to barely finish inside the top 15 of the rankings. We don't have many targets left and there are several under us that have turned it up a notch.
Uh, *math, oh……
‘We’ should be corrected to ‘you’, whoever you are. If any consolation to you, I don’t you can be grouped into the negas.

Correct, this is simply Banks is not good enough. This was report day and he was let go. They evaluated in mini camp and let him go. I think it strange for some posters to think this is some character flaw. Banks is undersized for edge rusher and poor in pass coverage for LB in NFL.
The things you said are true. But he ALSO has some major off the field red flags. That is coming from people that saw it first hand.

The things you said are true. But he ALSO has some major off the field red flags. That is coming from people that saw it first hand.
I edited my previous post to help clarify. Some are acting like he got cut before he was evaluated by Bucs. He went to mini camp and then was not invited today. The tweet did not read as if he got cut the 1st day of camp. It was report day and Bucs announced that he was not invited to report - nothing more. I am well aware of his off field issues, but nothing in his dealings with Bucs indicated he did anything to raise red flags. Bottom line is he is not very good. I am hoping Arian Carter and others can greatly improve our LB corp

Reactions: therickbol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back