Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Feels Like 98" is right up there with Bama...I hate it that much.

The moment some of you realize it's not 1998 anymore, the smarter you'll be. Actually, in real, modern-day life, the moment you realize that we are not on Bama's, UGA's, or Ohio St's level, maybe?? the smarter you'll be. It sucks, I know...it sucks sayin it; but, it's true. Anyone shocked by that doesn't know where they're at, or what day it is.

We are not on that level...yet.

And, guess what, neither are ALL the other schools not named those three. What we are?? We are on par with every other school not named Bama, UGA, or Ohio St. Just those three. Just three, you losers. Not only are we on par with literally EVERYONE ELSE, we've completely blown apart the next 5 after those 3. Some of you will have to take it slow through that one.

Right now, we have a Top 8 to 10 program, on the field and in recruiting...and, that's after Year 2. I'll be honest...I can't ****** believe it! We have truly crashed the party, and i love it! To be where we are right now, after the last 20 hellish years! Twenty damn years of not only "being down"...but, an outright EMBARRASSMENT, imo.

Yes, it sucks not landing a couple of these guys...again, though, unless you're Bama, UGA, or Ohio St, you're going to have some bummers, period

Keep winning to recruit like those three, plain and simple, period...again.
Where we truly are right now, is EXACTLY where we want to be...because two years ago NO ONE saw us here. And, if you say you did, you're lying.
True but what makes it much worse than it being just 3 schools is that 2 of them are rivals. One of which hadn’t won anything significant and now has won back to back championships. Just tough watching that. We’ll take 11-2 though. Just again tough watching the dominance

If any of you folks in and around Nashville haven't made any plans for tomorrow night yet, the C Dock Boyz will be performing once again on the sky deck at 5th & Broad right across from Bridgestone at 7 pm. Good mix of southern rock, classic rock and some country .

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Sports is an activity played for enjoyment. The game is meant to played with joy and passion. People need to get over themselves. A pitcher giving up a HR to a hitter should be motivated with competitive spirit to get him out next time and tip your cap to him if you throw a great pitch and the hitter still hits a HR. The pitcher shouldn't have "hurt feelings" because the hitter enjoyed the fact that he had a great AB. There is a line that can be crossed. Directing insults at the opponent is not playing with passion. This is not that.

The company commander and the sergeant were in the field. As they go to bed for the night, the first sergeant said: "Sir, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"
The commander said: "I see millions of stars."
Sgt: "And what does that tell you, sir?"
"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Top?"
Sgt: "Well sir, it tells me that somebody stole our tent."

I saw the post he’s referring to. You really think this dude created an account a decade ago to troll a recruiting Miss today?

This “troll” **** is turning into a witch hunt lmao
LOL, all of you who seem to thrive on the negative news calling it a witch hunt is hilarious. I don't call people trolls. I just call them fragile because they can't take people piling on when they have a contrary opinion.

The company commander and the sergeant were in the field. As they go to bed for the night, the first sergeant said: "Sir, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"
"Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Top?"
IMG_2956.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Row that boat
I read that whole article which is probably 3x longer than it should be. Just seems like yet another hit piece to me. Fleck is an obvious Butch Jones level goober, and I said that when people wanted to hire him in 2021, but everything there is a reach. And most of it is stuff that goes on at CFB programs all over the country. I mean, "The coaches obsessed over our weights". If that's a deal breaker then stay far far away from the SEC...

The article is dozens of super minor allegations. But the lede seems to be that he a had a system for trading positive drug tests for community service. Comon'... Who cares... Just seems like "Oh Northwestern got caught up and Fleck is a weird dude, I bet we can ride that momentum".

Reactions: DarthVol1
I read that whole article which is probably 3x longer than it should be. Just seems like yet another hit piece to me. Fleck is an obvious Butch Jones level goober, and I said that when people wanted to hire him in 2021, but everything there is a reach. And most of it is stuff that goes on at CFB programs all over the country. I mean, "The coaches obsessed over our weights". If that's a deal breaker then stay far far away from the SEC...

The article is dozens of super minor allegations. But the lede seems to be that he a had a system for trading positive drug tests for community service. Comon'... Who cares...
Cant be all catch phrases and positive juju. Fleck has a good story, and I wish him success, but can easily see him being a Butch behind the scenes.

Meaning, a dick.

Cant be all catch phrases and positive juju. Fleck has a good story, and I wish him success, but can easily see him being a Butch behind the scenes.

Meaning, a dick.
I don't doubt it at all. And I'm sure he has some personality cult **** going on, too. But that's CFB for you. You think Nick Saban doesn't have some personality cult **** going on, too?

Memorizing dumb acronyms... Giving coaches standing ovations when they enter a room... If you can't figure out that stuff is gonna be part of the deal after talking with Fleck for two minutes, that's on you. And it certainly doesn't constitute abuse.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I don't doubt it at all. And I'm sure he has some personality cult **** going on, too. But that's CFB for you. You think Nick Saban doesn't have some personality cult **** going on, too?

Memorizing dumb acronyms... Giving coaches standing ovations when they enter a room... If you can't figure out that stuff is gonna be part of the deal after talking with Fleck for two minutes, that's on you. And it certainly doesn't constitute abuse.
I havent read any or followed the story in any way. I can imagine though. Narcissism is real. Delusion usually follows, and then denial, of wrong doing.

Saw a post on VQ that said our recruiting is "good not great" and I tend to agree, we have a staff full of top notch on the field coaches but have room for improvement in recruiting. That being said I wouldn't fire any of them to bring in elite recruiters though

Thank you for posting this and clearing up all that confusion.

I havent read any or followed the story in any way. I can imagine though. Narcissism is real. Delusion usually follows, and then denial, of wrong doing.
The third player said that one acronym stood out: F.A.M.I.L.Y., short for “Forget About Me, I Love You.”

“He was making us say, forget about yourself as an individual,” the player said. “I was baffled because it’s not anything logical. If you forget about yourself, then who are you?”

This kid was baffled that the coach used a dumb acronym to tell him to put the team before himself. Completely befuddled. Most coaches have a giant ego and most coaches don't abuse anybody. I couldn't care less about Fleck but this article seems like trying to equate a demanding culture with an abusive one, which is definitely annoying and dishonest, and could be applied to any CFB program in the country.

This kid was baffled that the coach used a dumb acronym to tell him to put the team before himself. Completely befuddled. Most coaches have a giant ego and most coaches don't abuse anybody. I couldn't care less about Fleck but this article seems like trying to equate a demanding culture with an abusive one, which is definitely annoying and dishonest.
Sounds like someone is over analyzing the situation.

Not knowing the full story though, hard to draw an opinion other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back