Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will. There will be legislation. Also, it will be a condition of “employment.” There are a ton they have to work out but this is where it’s going
Congress can't even decide what bill to settle on. There are like 5 floating around now and the schools don't want the players to be employees. Throw in Title IX into all of this and you can guarantee anything they do attempt to pass will be challenged in court. Anti trust laws will be in the mix too.

It will. There will be legislation. Also, it will be a condition of “employment.” There are a ton they have to work out but this is where it’s going

I dunno…

Any sort of legislation on this will be very Constitutionally murky and vulnerable to legal challenges. There’s a reason the salary caps in the pro leagues are collectively bargained.

they did it last year with some 4* QB. they offered him more money than we *allegedly* gave Nico. Then when it came time for him to sign, and them deliver, they had to back out of it.
Florida Grants Release of QB Signee Jaden Rashada After $13 Million NIL Deal Falls Through - WDEF.

I figure this year, after that embarrassment, they got their ish together and are being super aggressive to make up for it last year. but they are hosed on QB. They have one this year, who isn't good. and they will have one next year, an unproven freshman. I am not even sure they will even have a scholarship back up.

Its honestly something that worries me. We have seen the movie before of Florida having to go to the no-talent back up and beating us with an all-world performance from a player who never plays even half decent again. or they could go the Kentucky route and beat us with a WR at QB.
Thanks for explaining !

38 & 43 youngest is 9, glad there is others that share my pain

Ha, when my son played baseball, I ran with the team to stay in shape. I loved the wind sprints and base running drills.

It would crack me up when another Dad would tell me that he was too old to do what I was doing. The looks on their faces when my son would tell them my age was priceless. On average, I was at least 10 years older than the other Dads.

That’s also why I like the previous group of players more from the Kobe era all the way down because they loved the game and would try to play every game. This current group/era led by lebron is by far the laziest in history. Most don’t give a crap about the fans that pay their salaries. Sit out half the year or more and then request 5 trades in a 3-4 year span It’s ridiculous.

fahr Spyre?
Nah, they do great. I think they have a system that works. Won’t go outside of it usually except in cases like Nico. Really think investment in the Dline is worth the extra money. Positions us well with SEC expansion and playoff expansion. Tennessee needs a better defense to be a perennial playoff contender and that all starts up front. You get a couple big time talents there and let garner get them into the league and it snowballs for us in the future. Of course they may have contingencies in the portal that they favor investing in.

Bray was a stud. Made the NFL. Peterson just didn’t have the right coach here. Did well after he transferred.
Dormady just never developed.
I'm pretty sure Peterson has the NFL record for interceptions in one half?

Yeah, he did decent enough at Pittsburgh his last college years to get drafted.

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
Why are they virtual at this point? Just curious. 🤔

It is by choice. They were in a magnet school that placed extraordinarily high expectations on the kids. This is not a problem in and of itself, because we should have high expectations. Especially when people are capable of achieving those expectations. However, they already place so much worry and stress on themselves and then the school piles on too. They were both very unhappy and were not engaging in normal teenage activities because they were just so mentally drained all the time. Our county started a virtual school immediately after the covid times and we had moved our older daughter into it to finish the last 2.5 credits she needed and we had a good experience. The younger ones asked to move to the virtual school after the new year and they finished up their 8th and 9th grade years there in the spring and enjoyed it. It allows a lot of freedom, especially at the high school level. The classes are self paced and as long as you are turning your assignments in on time that is all that matters. So if a kid wanted to take a couple extra days off, they could just work ahead and then chill for a few days. Or they can have a job during the day and do their work in the evening. This model wouldn't work for everyone, but I think that we have to get creative with how we offer educational opportunities to this generation.

Oh, and they also have partnerships with a local community college and Middle Tennessee State University that allows kids to dual enroll and gain high school and college credits at the same time for very minimal cost. There are kids graduating high school and starting college mid-way through their Sophomore years. Big $$ savings for parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back