Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously there are tons of practical benefits of doing this, but I would never encourage my kids to speedrun college like this. It's an amazing time of life. Slow down and enjoy it. High schoolers have 50 years of working ahead of them. Why rush through college just to start the 8-5 grind even earlier?

Just like many people have moved to a WFH environment, college is very different for many people. The online college experience offers people flexible options depending on how they want to school. Plus some people don't want to go into debt to get a college degree and this offers an option to help ease the financial burden. You can still enjoy your 20's if you are already working. Plus, it gets you one step closer to retirement that much sooner.

Kept up with Oilers Dynasty in 80's, Red Wings with Yzerman in 90's were really good also...
Lived in Detroit area during those years and thus, had my Hockey team. Didn't really follow hockey when I was young. So how does one become a Dodgers fan?

@Weezer how are you doing today?

@Orangeredblooded how are y’all doing?
running my legs off. Between working a full time job, taking care of dad (it's like taking care of a child sometimes), running back and forth to Oak Ridge and the household stuff, I don't have time to breathe. thanks for asking.

Lived in Detroit area during those years and thus, had my Hockey team. Didn't really follow hockey when I was young. So how does one become a Dodgers fan?
Grandfather and father were Dodger fans so it's just a family thing. Drysdale, Koufax ,Pee Wee ,Jackie, Garvey , and on and on Fernandomania back in 81 so many great Dodgers...

Reactions: screenthis
Go ahead and plow away I can remember how to spell Valenzuela but for Petersen last name called him Peterson ..... So go ahead make fun of of the noobie!!!🤤🤤🤤

Obviously there are tons of practical benefits of doing this, but I would never encourage my kids to speedrun college like this. It's an amazing time of life. Slow down and enjoy it. High schoolers have 50 years of working ahead of them. Why rush through college just to start the 8-5 grind even earlier?

This is a good point even though every situation can be different. My last semester at UT was basically enjoying the ride as I didn't need the credits and put all 4 classes on Tuesday's and Thursday's. But I told my parents I was going to enjoy it before I had to decide what to do next. Great time in life.

Ohtani will look wonderful In that Dodger Blue next season. Ohtani, Freeman,Mookie and Will Smith plus Walker Buehler back on mound and my favorite Clayton Kershaw back one more year hopefully.....
yankees-daily.gif

If I had to live in STL... I'd be looking to leave. I live in rural Missouri. Rural life isn't for everyone but we prefer it. Great neighbors. Great friends. Great culture. Open spaces. Great hunting and fishing. Great church.

There are inconveniences but I'll take the trade any day.
What part? I have spent a lot of time in the bootheel, Rolla and Houston (no exactly garden spots). Dad coached one of the 68 state champs in basketball

That would infer employees and that will be a bigger can of worms then what they think they are fixing.

Putting a cap on NIL is like the NBA telling Lebron how much he can make from Nike.
I’m not arguing with any of you on HOW it will get done. It’s going to happen. SEC coaches and ADs know it’s going to happen. Handlers know it’s going to happen.

Reactions: KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back