Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why the $9m fine was NOTHING

DW when the AA asks for the fine to be paid...
dumb-and-dumber-money.gif

running my legs off. Between working a full time job, taking care of dad (it's like taking care of a child sometimes), running back and forth to Oak Ridge and the household stuff, I don't have time to breathe. thanks for asking.
So sorry! Been there done that. Will continue to pray for you.

Yes, you do!!! ASAP!!!

And maybe update the eastern concourse bathrooms to something more modern than a horse trough. Plus my wife, who is only about 5'6" 5'7" said that when you stand up in a stall in the women's bathroom the stall walls only come to just below her shoulders so you can basically see errything your neighbors are doing in their stall. Imagine some 6' or taller lady getting the birds eye view of the whole dang bathroom.

Reactions: SmokinBob
This is a good point even though every situation can be different. My last semester at UT was basically enjoying the ride as I didn't need the credits and put all 4 classes on Tuesday's and Thursday's. But I told my parents I was going to enjoy it before I had to decide what to do next. Great time in life.
I loved every minute of college. My daughter liked it. My husband hated it. The second semester his best friend and him spent the day playing Frogger. 🙄 They both decided to go to vocational school for 6 months for tool & die. Worked out well for them. My son couldn’t make up his mind. We just got him in at TN Tech for engineering when he got his girlfriend pregnant. But he would probably have been just like his dad. He’s an electrician with no debt so it worked out well. My daughter had scholarships all the way except for the dorm the year she decided to try the campus life. As expensive as it is I don’t recommend it unless you’re absolutely sure you know what you want and have to go to college for it.

What part? I have spent a lot of time in the bootheel, Rolla and Houston (no exactly garden spots). Dad coached one of the 68 state champs in basketball
Northeast Missouri. Depends on what you consider a garden. I like corn fields and rolling pasture covered with cattle

Winter is ugly except when it snows or from a deer stand

Reactions: BSAvol
How much fun would the 2022 season have been with John Ward calling it?

My gosh, can you imagine how iconic some of those calls would have been?
Instead we got Blob Kershling. . . Danny White needs to fix it. Bob has had this career and the fans have suffered long enough. Time to get a new Voice of the Vols who matches the teams' in-game intensity and excitement.

I can imagine it. It happens routinely in the NBA, MLB, and used to happen routinely in the NFL until they fixed it by reformatting the playoffs.

I don't see any reason they can't just design a playoff so seeding matters like the NFL did. And if they don't, it isn't a huge deal. I highly doubt CFB teams are just going to start conceding rivalry games like it's the NFL. It's just a fringe hypothetical used as an excuse not to want an expanded playoff.
That will be people’s biggest fears coming to a realization….. college will be nothing more than a minor league football league… coaches need to play to win every game.

Reactions: Ten_Titans
Why? Did I offend you? Truly, I meant no offense at all. I enjoy posting and reading comments here :) Gauranteed though if you look for offense you will always find it. Hope you have a great day SweetSoda :)
I just can’t give a like when someone isn’t being nice. That came across as snarky. Did I read it wrong? Are you new here? I’m not easily offended.
Edit…you are really new.

It is by choice. They were in a magnet school that placed extraordinarily high expectations on the kids. This is not a problem in and of itself, because we should have high expectations. Especially when people are capable of achieving those expectations. However, they already place so much worry and stress on themselves and then the school piles on too. They were both very unhappy and were not engaging in normal teenage activities because they were just so mentally drained all the time. Our county started a virtual school immediately after the covid times and we had moved our older daughter into it to finish the last 2.5 credits she needed and we had a good experience. The younger ones asked to move to the virtual school after the new year and they finished up their 8th and 9th grade years there in the spring and enjoyed it. It allows a lot of freedom, especially at the high school level. The classes are self paced and as long as you are turning your assignments in on time that is all that matters. So if a kid wanted to take a couple extra days off, they could just work ahead and then chill for a few days. Or they can have a job during the day and do their work in the evening. This model wouldn't work for everyone, but I think that we have to get creative with how we offer educational opportunities to this generation.

Oh, and they also have partnerships with a local community college and Middle Tennessee State University that allows kids to dual enroll and gain high school and college credits at the same time for very minimal cost. There are kids graduating high school and starting college mid-way through their Sophomore years. Big $$ savings for parents.
Take advantage of that dual learning all you can. You can get up to 24 hours paid in full if you live in Sevier County. You can almost get a full year out of the way before you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back