Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bray played 7 years in the NFL.

At the time I thought he never should have declared for the draft. But it was clearly the right decision. He wasn't an NFL starting caliber player in the end, but calling a 7 year pro career "never made it" is crazy. Never making it is being in the first cut of training camp as a rookie and never getting picked up again. And I certainly thought that might happen to him. I was wrong.
He played back up and moved around from team to team with minimal impact. He had talent but nothing between the ears. Wouldn’t take to coaching at Tennessee and didn’t want to listen. Hey some act like he was great, he had a arm but nothing else to go with it. I pulled for him until his episode of home against Florida acting like a child on the field. I got blasted when I said he will never make a leader in the nfl and he never has. He was a weak leader in college as well. Even he has admitted that his attitude from college hurt him and he never recovered. I don’t dislike him but his attitude at UT was bad to put it kindly. It takes more than a talented arm to be a leader and he has found it out the hard way. I am happy he has been able to be good enough to make a roster. He never made the most of his talent. GBO!

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I just can’t give a like when someone isn’t being nice. That came across as snarky. Did I read it wrong? Are you new here? I’m not easily offended.
Edit…you are really new.
No wonder I don't get more likes from you, Soda. While I believe that most of my posts aren't snarky (I usually try not to be rude or disrespectful), they are very often at least sarcastic.

I get that alot also. Even though I turn 60 next month, everyone thinks I’m in late 40’s.

It's def. nice except when you're feeling old but looking young and then no one has sympathy for you. But that's a small price to pay for hitting the powerball in aging genetics. Mom is in her 70s now and still looks young to me and I'm somewhat guilty of forgetting that I should do more to help out without her having to ask because she still looks much younger. I'm trying to make more of a conscious effort with that because she already does too darn much for everyone.

You sound bitter af. Candace is a UT alum who was rightly complimented by @Devo182 and myself. I didn't bring her up and yet your response is directed at me.

MJ had jack and squat to do with WBB. The money he made was never for others and was never salary. It was all image based sponsorship. An image the suits created and protected.
You're really thick for a professor...the NBA subsidizes the WNBA to the tune of 15 million a year (give or take), the WNBA makes 25 million a year from ESPN, and 20 mil a year on tickets and merch (they say)...so that means about 25% of their money comes from the men that people actually want to watch....Jordan is (just like another major a-hole..Tiger Woods is to professional golf) the reason the NBA is the money making machine it is now, so that means the women owe a lot of whatever good financial fortune they do have to...Michael Jordan.

I'm bitter about a lot of stuff and I like Candace too, just saying trashing Jordan is stupid.

You're really thick for a professor...the NBA subsidizes the WNBA to the tune of 15 million a year (give or take), the WNBA makes 25 million a year from ESPN, and 20 mil a year on tickets and merch (they say)...so that means about 25% of their money comes from the men that people actually want to watch....Jordan is (just like another major a-hole..Tiger Woods is to professional golf) the reason the NBA is the money making machine it is now, so that means the women owe a lot of whatever good financial fortune they do have to...Michael Jordan.

I'm bitter about a lot of stuff and I like Candace too, just saying trashing Jordan is stupid.
2 separate issues imo

1) His actual personality. You both seem to agree.

2) Tangential and utilitarian endpoints caused by him, but just happenstance. Yes, he boosted the NBA and thus down the line possibly others. But this is a bit of a stretch link and regardless, purely utilitarian. Don’t usually give people credit for accidentals.

I really don't think it makes any difference. They would never choose to put in a 3rd or 4th SEC team over the Pac 12 or Big 12 champion. Not ever, even if it is clearly the right decision.
They have chosen 2 out of 4 SEC teams without those champions.

Bray played 7 years in the NFL.

At the time I thought he never should have declared for the draft. But it was clearly the right decision. He wasn't an NFL starting caliber player in the end, but calling a 7 year pro career "never made it" is crazy. Never making it is being in the first cut of training camp as a rookie and never getting picked up again. And I certainly thought that might happen to him. I was wrong.
Never was a Bray fan.

Glitch, were your girls in Central? Our daughter is nearing finishing McFadden and we are really curious about how hard to pursue the next level of magnet school for the reasons you quote.

Yes. They were in Central. It was not that the work load or the level of work was too much for them. It is that from the moment they walked through the door, they were bombarded with college, ACT, and scholarships. That is what Central prides itself on. How many of their kids go you Harvard, Yale, etc. How many of their kids get perfect or near perfect ACT scores. How much scholarship money their kids get offered and accept every year. Those are all great things, but if it comes at the cost of my child's mental health and well being then we have a problem. The motto at Central is "My best.", but my girls felt like there were days when their best was pretty darn good but still didn't feel good enough.

I say all that to say this. You will have to decide what is best for your children. Are they the type the excel in that environment or are they the type that will never feel they are doing well enough. Maybe try it out for a year or two. You can always explore other options if it isn't a good fit. If you want more insights I would glad to offer our experience in more detail.

I wish they could've found and used an older typewriter. The electric typewriter is nice but not nearly as cool. Still a great vid but there's nothing sexier than an old typewriter to writers even if we don't use them anymore.

So I’ve been curious—what department are you in if you don’t mind saying? I assume you still teach at UT anyway.

So my wife texts me this morning that she bought this at a yard sale in Kingsport.

View attachment 566162

She asks the lady how much and she says "$1.00 and he'll sign it for you". My wife's like, what?

Was Charlie Browder's mom(transfer tight end from UCF, #88). He was there and obliged.

I know....I know. Cool story bro. 😆
That is a cool story!
79.jpg

😂 Has Klubnik ahead of Joe lol.

I was recently reminded of a Ron White (comedian) story where he had his car tires changed, left the shop, rounded a corner and a wheel fell off. He said his tire service tech must have been absent for "Lug nut day" during tire school.

Was reading the TigerNet board a few days ago and they had an article where Klubnik said he'd been learning about reading blitzes during the offseason. Suddenly the 2022 Orange Bowl game made sense; Cade was absent for "blitz-reading day" during Clempson fall camp last year.

Jordan has been out of the NBA for eons. He's got squat to do with it. And tbh, IDGAF about the WNBA so it's really confusing why you're even talking about it.

And no one owes Jordan dick. He was the guy lucky enough to get a contract at the right time. If it weren't him, it would've been someone else selling shoes but even that has zero to do with the actual NBA let alone the WNBA. Spike Lee had as much to do with Jordan's selling as Jordan did - maybe more since he directed the commercials that MADE Jordan.

Beyond that I said I don't like Jordan as a human. How the eff is that trashing him? You've said more negative about him than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back