Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyatt performing at a high level this year is the best thing for our offense and team going forward. Debunk all the system crap and bring us all the WRs

Hyatt, Tillman, and Hooker all succeeding in the NFL would go a long way to debunk the narrative that their success was based on the system. They actually developed under the system, which improved their chances to succeed at the next level. JMO

And yet you want the players to be professionals and all about the money.
Fwiw, I've always supported the players as "student-athletes" and believe in that. And if coaches wanted to be like Neyland and everyone before him and also teach, by all means.

But if we're paying coaches of an "amateur sport" $10mm....then well...call it what you want. Obviously it doesn't mean much.

It's merely semantics. The equitable pay is what matters. A coach making more than all the players combined, when pro coaches make 4% of what the roster does...that's just an open scheme. Plain and simple.

I hate it all....once it gets to a certain point, I will probably find a true amateur local small college school like ETSU to follow

Unfortunately, ETSU football may noy exist without their "money games". That's my point. This consolidation affects EVERYONE. When people vote for zero fcs or G5 games and all league games, it's literally killing off others. I attended there in mid 2000s when the program died the first time and it was brutal. I hate that shiz. Consolidation is disastrous for other programs.

I love the Tennessee Volunteers...but I hate all of this money grubbing garbage.

The money already exists and has for decades. But mostly for the coaches... why is that ignored? Money for some is ok, but not others.

And that is pushing money from the few to the many that are producing. No one is paying for UT vs Clemson intramural games. But conference consolidation is just that...consolidating to the very few and killing the rest.

Last edited:
I was inferring that anyone that calls our offense a gimmick is full of it, and that we are no more a gimmick than bama or anyone else. I was agreeing with you for goodness sakes. I don’t give a darn about Bama or Georgia or Ohio State, what I was saying is our offense is NO Gimmick! You totally misinterpreted my post, I have been a Vol fan for over 50 years. In no way what I posted had anything to do with Darnell Wright, I simply used Bama as my point to say our offense is not a gimmick and just as legit as Bama or anybody else. When Bama and Ohio State thrown it around nobody calls it gimmick was my point. It is just jealousy from other teams was my point. I don’t know where you got the idea I was talking up Bama. Good grief!GBO

Lol...I don't know how he missed it on your post, but we all miss it sometimes.

No...no WE will not...I will rejoice and try to forever banish the memory of the embarrassment that was Bob Kesling.

Before any of you other pathetic ninnies start your whiny 💩...I am sure that Bob is a good guy. I am not speaking of his character...I am just saying he is absolutely horrible at his job.

I am a good guy, and I am really good professional driver...but you sure as heck don't want me flying you around in an airplane.
Jmo but let him keep calling basketball. He's at least ok there.

But dear goodness let Carlos take over and he would be a phenomenon. He would make Sportscenter weekly with his calls. Let him do an English-Spanish mishmash call. People would tune in from all over. Would be extremely innovative and a huge hit.

No...no WE will not...I will rejoice and try to forever banish the memory of the embarrassment that was Bob Kesling.

Before any of you other pathetic ninnies start your whiny 💩...I am sure that Bob is a good guy. I am not speaking of his character...I am just saying he is absolutely horrible at his job.

I am a good guy, and I am really good professional driver...but you sure as heck don't want me flying you around in an airplane.
His radio call of our biggest win in 15 years nearly put me to sleep. Cant wait for that pathetic loser to hang it up!!

Mine just throws up an extra subscription screen. I click "close" in the top left corner and I can read it like normal 🤔

But either way, some snippets: (I know it's Frank's rules to not post entire articles, so..)
Lol...at this point it is funny how the msm takes a shot no matter how unrelated.

Last edited:
Jmo but let him keep calling basketball. He's at least ok there.

But dear goodness let Carlos take over and he would be a phenomenon. He would make Sportscenter weekly with his calls. Let him do an English-Spanish mishmash call. People would tune in from all over. Would be extremely innovative and a huge hit.
It would be brilliant for the program to attract the millions of Latinos now living in the south to the Vol banner....we need all the NIL help we can get.

Fwiw, I've always supported the players as "student-athletes" and believe in that. And if coaches wanted to be like Neyland and everyone before him and also teach, by all means.

But if we're paying coaches of an "amateur sport" $10mm....then well...call it what you want. Obviously it doesn't mean much.

It's merely semantics. The equitable pay is what matters. A coach making more than all the players combined, when pro coaches make 4% of what the roster does...that's just an open scheme. Plain and simple.

To your other point - ETSU football may noy exist without their "money games". That's my point. This consolidation affects EVERYONE. When people vote for zero fcs or G5 games and all league games, it's literally killing off others. I attended there in mid 2000s when the program died the first time and it was brutal. I hate that shiz.

"All about the money" - the money already exists. But mostly for the coaches... why is that ignored? Money for some is ok(?)

But that is pushing money from the few to the many. Conference consolidation is just that...consolidating to the very few and killing the rest.
I said...I hate it all...I thought that was clear. This stupid 🦬💩 is why I can't afford to go to a game....I hate it all.

As far as that goes though...it is a completely different paradigm for coaches in CFB...they in effect ARE the program, players contribute a couple of years and are gone...but the head coach, a good head coach, is the foundation of a stable winning program....we should know that better than anybody in college sports after the hell we have been through with 💩ty coach after 💩ty coach.

The situation is nothing like the coach/program relationship in pro ball.

These challenges for Ruiz and LifeWallet could become significant problems for the Hurricanes. LifeWallet has NIL deals with a ton of Miami football players, including QB Tyler Van Dyke, All-American safety Kam Kinchens and defensive tackle Leonard Taylor, as well as with men’s basketball players who were key to the team’s Final Four run this year (including ACC player of the year Isaiah Wong, making six figures from the company, and Nijel Pack, who signed a two-year deal worth $800,000 and including a car after he transferred from Kansas State).
Oh man, if those players don't get paid for some reason, Miami's recruiting would fall off a cliff and take years to recover.

"Deborah Samuel..Nigeria" if you want to know look it up. Don't bother posting a response, because it will get deleted or moved. I just felt compelled to acknowledge and share her heartbreaking story to other believers..it really tore me up when I saw it.

I know it happens all the time, but seldom do we get a personal story like this. I also wonder...how long until..?

Made it till 11:30, almost thought we'd get a day off. . .

It's gonna be another hot one. . .
thats-what-she-said.gif

Yeah...that was overboard...sorry. You are definitely not a nobody.

The constant trashing of our country, and the incessant bitching about how much more money the men's sports make than them, when female sports are not profitable, or are barely profitable in most cases, by a lot of these female athletes has poisoned me to a degree, and that is truly not fair to the good ones.

This world we live in now just...it really gets to me, that is not an excuse..just the truth. I feel like the world we live in hates me, and I hate it back.

I apologize to you and the other common sense ladies of VN for having offended you...I love you guys, but the other ones (the w*** guys and gals, or whatever they identify as today) can kiss my crusty old A double S.
😘 The world doesn’t hate you and neither do we. Dad told me once, when I was going through a funk, that you find what you look for…I do believe there’s more good than bad but the bad just makes more noise. It’s kinda like birds tweeting vs a truck horn - dang truck horn is louder but the birds tweeting are there….

😘 The world doesn’t hate you and neither do we. Dad told me once, when I was going through a funk, that you find what you look for…I do believe there’s more good than bad but the bad just makes more noise. It’s kinda like birds tweeting vs a truck horn - dang truck horn is louder but the birds tweeting are there….
Confession...I know I shouldn't feel this way, what you said is true and beautiful, but the bad is drowning almost everything out lately to me.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back