Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a stock price swing from an IPO OF$10 to currently trading at $0.02
SPACs seem troublesome overall. fast and less regulatory burden in reaching capital markets...gee, but is that a good thing for investors? 🤔 Let's just all buy penny stocks 🥳🤮

Volunteer Club Memberships
Reminder for anyone who has not joined and likes to see us winning recruiting battles (which leads to victories on the field). If you can spare $5 a month sign up for the Rocky Top membership!
Wait. Hold it.

We can give? Please note my flippancy is wholly in response to a previous convo.

When he's gone we will look back fondly.
No...no WE will not...I will rejoice and try to forever banish the memory of the embarrassment that was Bob Kesling.

Before any of you other pathetic ninnies start your whiny 💩...I am sure that Bob is a good guy. I am not speaking of his character...I am just saying he is absolutely horrible at his job.

I am a good guy, and I am really good professional driver...but you sure as heck don't want me flying you around in an airplane.

No...no WE will not...I will rejoice and try to forever banish the memory of the embarrassment that was Bob Kesling.

Before any of you other pathetic ninnies start your whiny 💩...I am sure that Bob is a good guy. I am not speaking of his character...I am just saying he is absolutely horrible at his job.

I am a good guy, and I am really good professional driver...but you sure as heck don't want me flying you around in an airplane.
Probably should have stayed at WVLT as sports reporter...

Ok, so hypothetocally, Austin-Peay no longer plays the likes of UT and Alabama and get those million dollar checks...do they survive?

These are the types of things that really concern me. ALL of college football is out at risk when we consolidate all of the money and power down to 12-24 teams that only play each other. The rest are left to rot. And we're talking entire regions of the country and hundreds of smaller programs. It's bull****
And yet you want the players to be professionals and all about the money.

I hate it all....once it gets to a certain point, I will probably find a true amateur local small college school like ETSU to follow.

I love the Tennessee Volunteers...but I hate all of this money grubbing garbage.

F bama. If you don't understand sarcasm, then at least argue for our offense, which led the nation.

Bama has nothing to do with our staff developing Darnell Wright into a first round draft choice.
I was inferring that anyone that calls our offense a gimmick is full of it, and that we are no more a gimmick than bama or anyone else. I was agreeing with you for goodness sakes. I don’t give a darn about Bama or Georgia or Ohio State, what I was saying is our offense is NO Gimmick! You totally misinterpreted my post, I have been a Vol fan for over 50 years. In no way what I posted had anything to do with Darnell Wright, I simply used Bama as my point to say our offense is not a gimmick and just as legit as Bama or anybody else. When Bama and Ohio State thrown it around nobody calls it gimmick was my point. It is just jealousy from other teams was my point. I don’t know where you got the idea I was talking up Bama. Good grief!GBO

Last edited:
Getting locked out by pay wall. Any way to post the article without it? Seems some have found a way around it. I don't know how.
Mine just throws up an extra subscription screen. I click "close" in the top left corner and I can read it like normal 🤔

But either way, some snippets: (I know it's Frank's rules to not post entire articles, so..)

The brash attorney and entrepreneur has also become known as the sugar daddy of the University of Miami athletic program, making headlines for his company’s sponsorship of star players and bold proposals to build the university a new football stadium. But the high living might soon be coming to an end. The Miami Herald has learned that Ruiz and his health insurance claims company LifeWallet — previously known as MSP Recovery — are the target of federal civil and criminal investigations. The ongoing federal probes mark an unprecedented level of trouble for the one-time TV host whose business practices and out-sized lifestyle evoke comparisons to Donald Trump.

His teetering enterprise is built on a Coral Gables company that seeks to recover money paid by Medicare-affiliated insurance companies that should have been paid by a different insurance carrier. LifeWallet was once valued at more than $32 billion, but the company is now worth a small fraction of that. Its stock, which was worth more than $10 a share right before the company went public through a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, merger last year now trades for less than a quarter. Ruiz and the company are also facing several lawsuits claiming that they owe millions of dollars to the sellers of businesses they acquired.

The Herald has also learned that multiple witnesses have been interviewed about Ruiz and his company by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Miami. The investigation, led by FBI and IRS agents, is looking at financial representations made to investors and spending practices, according to sources.

The company had admitted in April that its earlier quarterly financial filings covering part of last year weren’t reliable. The newly filed annual report showed that LifeWallet took in $23.4 million last year from its primary business of recovering incorrectly paid insurance claims, falling far short of the $992 million in 2022 revenue the company had projected it would earn before going public.

And the company said its assets were worth $3.4 billion at the end of 2022, a far cry from the $6.5 billion it said LifeWallet’s assets were worth in September, before it told the SEC it had to revise the numbers.

Last edited:
And yet you want the players to be professionals and all about the money.

I hate it all....once it gets to a certain point, I will probably find a true amateur local small college school like ETSU to follow.

I love the Tennessee Volunteers...but I hate all of this money grubbing garbage.
I love the Volunteers also, but I really enjoy watching the FCS playoffs in December over those watered down Bowl games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back