Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From an interview with Tayven Jackson:

"Coach Halzle and Coach Mitch are great quarterback coaches, great offensive geniuses," said Jackson. "And what I learned from them is really just how to approach the game. Just how to approach the game right and know what to take in and what not to take in and how to be a pro. How to study well. How to, you know, block out the outside noise and just try to really understand and grasp what we're doing. And they taught me that well and I couldn't thank them enough. They're great coaches.

I still think that quarterback room and the way they coach their kids is the best in the nation. So I hope that they have a great season."

Good luck to the kid. I hope he does well at IU.
Love the positive comments about our OC and Offensive Analyst!

"Really bad" compared to what though?

I'd love to see us average joes try and go hit .200 in the minors. I'd bet most would be lucky to bunt their way to .050.

Obviously he was no Dimaggio. But, relatively speaking, he was way above average.
17 doubles and 3 homeruns after not playing for over ten years is extremely impressive.

"Coach Halzle and Coach Mitch are great quarterback coaches, great offensive geniuses," said Jackson. "And what I learned from them is really just how to approach the game. Just how to approach the game right and know what to take in and what not to take in and how to be a pro. How to study well. How to, you know, block out the outside noise and just try to really understand and grasp what we're doing. And they taught me that well and I couldn't thank them enough. They're great coaches.

I still think that quarterback room and the way they coach their kids is the best in the nation. So I hope that they have a great season."

I will never fully understand, at worst he was backup. But wish him nothing but the best

And I sold my first car…a 67 Chevelle SS 396. What the h-e-double hockey sticks was I thinking?
I had a metallic blue 68 Chevy SS 454 4 barrel with keystone rims and black diamond bucket seats. My dad eventually had my uncle put a 327 in it for better mileage and too probably slow me down. I regret selling it as well. LOL! GBO

I think we're going to see a lot of guys like Tayven in the QB room. They have nothing to lose committing to Tennessee in a loaded depth chart. They'll learn from the best in the country and there's always a chance they could get playing time because of an injury. In the least they'll get to showcase some stuff in garbage time in a lot of games. If they don't crack the lineup after 2 years or so, transfer and start at a D1 program somewhere else and you can still have a good enough career to get drafted. I hope Tayven becomes an Indiana legend, it would make us look even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back