Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
some smoke on the internets about FSU and Clemson jumping ship to Big10...

A nationwide conference in CFB is stupid IMO. Regional and in-state rivalries are one of the great things about CFB. Hard to be true rivals with a west coast team when your team is east of the Mississippi River.

Do need others with YouTube TV to weigh in. We cancelled DirecTV as soon as the season ended (and they lost Sunday Ticket). I don't need 2000 channels or whatever the hell.

Have Hulu now because of the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but the live TV is extra. Thinking about going YouTube TV. I heard they have a 4-channel split screen which would be ideal for Saturdays, and then of course they have Sunday Ticket now.

The 4 screen split was sweet for March Madness (they were letting folks try for free). And I’d prob use for cfb but I believe it comes at an extra cost so lol no I won’t do that if so.

YTTV is solid. Like someone else said, don’t skimp on internet. My only issue is they keep raising the price. I used to pay around $55/month a few years ago. Now we’re up to like $73/month.

I wouldn't count on another commit soon. It seems like we'll only take 22-23. I'd imagine the remaining spots are being held to see how certain players do their senior year. I'm sure there are a few that would have a spot regardless, but if they're not ready, then the coaches are probably still evaluating the others. Plus it leaves a little wiggle room in case a player blows up his senior season and wants in.
I'm not stuck on that 22-23 number like VQ seems to be. I think there are certain players the staff wants rights now, and I think some more will pop up before all is said and done. With 19 guys committed, that would mean we're only planning on adding 3 or 4 more. I personally think the staff would like to add 3 more just on offense. 2 WR and a TE. Then on defense you have to look at the DL, Edge, and they really want Cole at LB. And truthfully, if they could flip a guy like Demello Jones, I think they would. So yeah, I'm not sure how just 22-23 is realistic atm. Unless they plan on cutting some lower rated guys.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Does Fall Practice start today? Or is it just the coaches meeting with the media and it starts tomorrow

Why would we only take 22-23 when there's 31 Seniors on the roster and we're allowed to manage to the 85 man limit?

Even giving back 2 scholarships a year under the NCAA penalty, shouldn't we be looking at 25+ in this class?

Serious question, not trying to bust on you, just not understanding where this 22-23 number is coming from?
Pretty sure VQ put out that 22-23 number, but it doesn't seem realistic to me.

Ill defer to someone who uses YT TV. But, I did read that YT TV has NFL rights now. I dont believe they have MLB - which would cost 2.75 marijuanas and an arm.View attachment 566956
Thing that I never understood about cable companies is how content is chosen for you, as well as lineups.

Personally, I like the UI of Direct, Dish, and Spectrum the best. But, cable, et al are a luxury. And, even though I can afford it - I choose not too based purely off the fact that $200 a month is insane.

Spectrum's fiber runs through my neighborhood. If they run it to me, maybe Ill switch then.

I think NFL Sunday Ticket costs $299/year with YTTV. You can get NFL ST and Redzone for like $329 or $349

Do need others with YouTube TV to weigh in. We cancelled DirecTV as soon as the season ended (and they lost Sunday Ticket). I don't need 2000 channels or whatever the hell.

Have Hulu now because of the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but the live TV is extra. Thinking about going YouTube TV. I heard they have a 4-channel split screen which would be ideal for Saturdays, and then of course they have Sunday Ticket now.
I love YTTV @ $72.99 a month. I wont do Sunday Ticket as i go to most Titans home games and wouldnt get the value of the product

Reactions: BigSteve09
The 4 screen split was sweet for March Madness (they were letting folks try for free). And I’d prob use for cfb but I believe it comes at an extra cost so lol no I won’t do that if so.

YTTV is solid. Like someone else said, don’t skimp on internet. My only issue is they keep raising the price. I used to pay around $55/month a few years ago. Now we’re up to like $73/month.
When i first got YTTV it was $40/month. Good times :(

Ill defer to someone who uses YT TV. But, I did read that YT TV has NFL rights now. I dont believe they have MLB - which would cost 2.75 marijuanas and an arm.View attachment 566956
Thing that I never understood about cable companies is how content is chosen for you, as well as lineups.

Personally, I like the UI of Direct, Dish, and Spectrum the best. But, cable, et al are a luxury. And, even though I can afford it - I choose not too based purely off the fact that $200 a month is insane.

Spectrum's fiber runs through my neighborhood. If they run it to me, maybe Ill switch then.
Idk if anyone will remember this, but at some point last year I asked about what a good internet speed was. I was getting between like 90-110, which was fine fore what I needed, but. . . a few months went by and I decided to look at was I was getting for my $.

The cheapest package Spectrum has is for 300mbps. I was paying for 300mbps. I know it won't always be 300, but should always be more than 100. I was getting scores of like 50-70 sometimes when I tested it. . .

So, a couple weeks ago, I call Spectrum to ask about why I never get the 300 I pay for. The tech couldn't answer my question and left me with an IDK. . . about 3 or 4 days ago, out of the blue, I get a package I didn't expect delivered by FedEx. I open it up and it's a new Spectrum modem with "self install" instructions. I hooked it up and now get 375mbps.

I kinda feel robbed a little, 😂. How long was I paying for something I wasn't getting? How many people are they doing this to? Are they really saving a lot of $ by keeping some customers on 100mbps, instead of upgrading all the modems? Does it actually cost them more to provide a higher speed service (outside of the modem upgrade)?

TL;DR. . . if you're a Spectrum customer, go to ookla (speedtest.net I think) and test your speed. If you're getting around 100 or less, call Spectrum and ask for a new modem to get the 300 you're paying for.
1000003065.png

Last edited:
Idk if anyone will remember this, but at some point last year I asked about what a good internet speed was. I was getting between like 90-110, which was fine fore what I needed, but. . . a few months went by and I decided to look at was I was getting for my $.

The cheapest package Spectrum has is for 300mbps. I was paying for 300mbps. I know it isn't always be 300, but should always be more than 100. I was getting scores of like 50-70 sometimes when I tested it. . .

So, a couple weeks ago, I call Spectrum to ask about why I never get the 300 I pay for. The tech couldn't answer my question and left me with an IDK. . . about 3 or 4 days ago, out of the blue, I get a package I didn't expect delivered by FedEx. I open it up and it's a new Spectrum modem with "self install" instructions. I hooked it up and now get 375mbps.

I kinda feel robbed a little, 😂. How long was I paying for something I wasn't getting? How many people are they doing this to? Are they really saving a lot of $ by keeping some customers on 100mbps, instead of upgrading all the modems? Does it actually cost them more to provide a higher speed service (outside of the modem upgrade)?

TL;DR. . . if you're a Spectrum customer, go to ookla (speedtest.net I think) and test your speed. If you're getting around 100 or less, call Spectrum and ask for a new modem to get the 300 you're paying for.
View attachment 566972
I hate Spectrum. Their upload speed is a joke but they are the only game in town

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

I use Roku as my interface which is cool as I travel a lot and can take it with me anywhere I go

I have had YouTube TV for over 5 years now and could not be happier. Costs about $70 per month. Only thing I really miss from cable--at $225/month--is Altitude sports channel which has the rights to Colorado Rockies games

You can go to YT TV's website to see full listing of available channels. One cool thing about YT TV is you can custom order the channel guide and hide all the channels you do not want to scroll past. Another is the unlimited DVR

In addition to YT TV I subscribe to Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, MLB.com and MAX

High speed internet is an absolute must; I have xFinity internet at 600mbps for $60 per month here in Denver. Google Fiber is wiring my neighborhood and when they do I will get 1TBps at $75/month

I have YoutubeTV and I love it. What I will say though is that with all of these streaming services like YTTV, Hulu Live, Fubo TV, etc.. they all have free trials. Since most of them have the same amount of core channels with the packages you can add being the difference, I would just see which UI and which packages you like best. For me, I chose YTTV, but I actually did like Fubo TV when I tried it too. It has a ton of sports channels.

Oh, and the split screen thing that YTTV does I’m pretty sure is an extra cost now. It was great when I tried it out though.

Reactions: Brillovol

didn't have time to watch the whole thing as the kids are moths to the flame.

I have youtube TV but I cancel it during the summer. About time to bring it back. I just do NFL red zone, that's the way to go in my mind.

As for other channels, if youtube tv doesnt have it, you need to go outside.
Have had it for several years and still like it. High speed internet is a must for it. Unlimited DVR is the best feature. Only downside I've had is the cost has went up several times, but what hasn't. Lol The split screen is a pretty new feature so haven't really played with it. Don't believe it was available last fall.

Edit: A lot of good info in the Cord cutting thread in the Pub: The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

I love YTTV @ $72.99 a month. I wont do Sunday Ticket as i go to most Titans home games and wouldnt get the value of the product
I use Roku as my interface which is cool as I travel a lot and can take it with me anywhere I go

I have had YouTube TV for over 5 years now and could not be happier. Costs about $70 per month. Only thing I really miss from cable--at $225/month--is Altitude sports channel which has the rights to Colorado Rockies games

You can go to YT TV's website to see full listing of available channels. One cool thing about YT TV is you can custom order the channel guide and hide all the channels you do not want to scroll past. Another is the unlimited DVR

In addition to YT TV I subscribe to Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, MLB.com and MAX

High speed internet is an absolute must; I have xFinity internet at 600mbps for $60 per month here in Denver. Google Fiber is wiring my neighborhood and when they do I will get 1TBps at $75/month

I have YoutubeTV and I love it. What I will say though is that with all of these streaming services like YTTV, Hulu Live, Fubo TV, etc.. they all have free trials. Since most of them have the same amount of core channels with the packages you can add being the difference, I would just see which UI and which packages you like best. For me, I chose YTTV, but I actually did like Fubo TV when I tried it too. It has a ton of sports channels.

Oh, and the split screen thing that YTTV does I’m pretty sure is an extra cost now. It was great when I tried it out though.

Good intel, thank you for sharing. We got ATT fiber when it was available here. Pretty dependable, I would recommend it. I think I'll give YTTV a shot this fall and see how I like it.

Why would we only take 22-23 when there's 31 Seniors on the roster and we're allowed to manage to the 85 man limit?

Even giving back 2 scholarships a year under the NCAA penalty, shouldn't we be looking at 25+ in this class?

Serious question, not trying to bust on you, just not understanding where this 22-23 number is coming from?
Yes, but only 13 seniors have one year left (2023). The others can return for an extra (COVID) year.

It was his dream car and he knew a carpet mill owner that had gotten into a lot of legal trouble over moving cocaine around the country in rolls of carpet..the guy needed a lot of cash quick...and voila.

My old partner was the luckiest sob I've ever known when it comes to stuff like that....he could trip over a root while out deer hunting and land on a rare coin.

If I had a nickle for every time I could have gotten sweet cars, in addition to the nickles, by coming up with cash for friends of mine that got caught moving coke around the country in rolls of carpet ...

Good intel, thank you for sharing. We got ATT fiber when it was available here. Pretty dependable, I would recommend it. I think I'll give YTTV a shot this fall and see how I like it.
Are you in Maryville? Knoxville? Cleveland?

ATT Fiber is just like every other iteration of GPON Tech, MUS, EPB, Ben Lomand, Twin Lakes, TDS, KUB, NU, French Broad, Erwin Fiber.

The only static difference is money that ATT put into its hardware.

BTW, Spectrum is running EPOn fiber all over hells half acre in Maryville, Seymour, Sevierville, White Pine, Dandridge, La Follette, Jellico, Maybardville.

The cheapest package Spectrum has is for 300mbps. I was paying for 300mbps. I know it isn't always be 300, but should always be more than 100. I was getting scores of like 50-70 sometimes when I tested it. . .

View attachment 566972
Spectrum's Docsis 3.0 tech is antiquated. They are pushing 3.1, which is Gig capable coaxial internet (cable modem).

On a shared network - which is 40 years old in some areas, best effort should 70% minumum of advertised bandwidth. There is literature somewhere saying that. if you are getting stonewalled, let me know.

The residential techs dont know because they dont have experience enough to know. Also, Brightridge, Holston have all taken good techs, and spit them out.

Chances are a line tech would determine exactly what we all know is that behind the modem there is 1024/35. Therefore, when you plug in a modem optimized for D3.1, you see above prescribed bandwidth.

In addition to there only be 13 seniors who are out of eligibility, Heupel is leaving room to take kids from transfer portal. He has taken 8 per year on average

yep I got hammered for bringing it up yesterday... they are going hard after Kam too... Guess Freeze isn't even gonna wait a season before he's back to his old tricks... Word is, Harson wanted to things above board and that rubbed the historically corrupt boosters the wrong way, hence his departure, but then slide reverend freeze into the mix and now the boosters like him cause he's good with below board 'cruitin'....

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back