Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside the PAC-? headquarters at this very moment....
crime-scene-ianto-jones.gif

Inside the PAC-? HQ.

R.8c72af0ab2ab9d7cd3d80940bef75482

It's a damn shame what they did to that dog.

According to Swaim the ACC is set to dissolve very soon. Apparently 8 teams in the ACC have agreed to file paperwork to leave in the next 11 days

Reactions: ugg
Play better, or transfer
We are not going to agree. I respect your opinion. I am not sure they are getting what they signed up for, but they can transfer. That travel will be brutal, any way you slice it. The traveling team is at a huge disadvantage. Look at the NFL scores for teams that travel from one coast to the other.

Do time zones affect that kid anyways…. Will it really have that big of an affect on college athletes anyways?
I think it will. Already been mentioned but look at the NFL examples listed above. West coast to East Coast for 1:00 pm games give a much greater advantage to the home team. I guess we will see. I don't think USC is going to lose to Rutgers because they have to fly cross country, but there will be plenty of closer games that might be decided because of the travel involved.

Another alternative would be six 12 team conferences
ACC - Miami, FSU, Clemson, NC, NCState, Virginia, Va Tech, WF, Duke, Boston College, Syracuse, South Carolina

SEC - Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Vandy, MissSt., Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Tulane, UCF

SWC - Texas, Texas Tech, A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, Oklahoma, OK St., TCU, Kansas, Kansas St., Houston, SMU

PAC - USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona St., California, Stanford, Washington, Wash St., Oregon, Oregon St., Utah, San Diego St.

BIG - Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Penn State

Mid- America: BYU, Colorado. West Virginia, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Notre Dame, Missouri, Cincinnati, Nebraska, Kentucky, Northwestern

I am sure I missed someone.Would reduce travel for non-revenue sports and more natural rivalries

Off the hook sports is such a dog **** channel. They put up a whole video about Josh Heupel being insecure.

I kinda want to see that because Heupel has come across to me as the most secure guy we've had since Fulmer. He's calm and laid back and generally positive with his players. I know that that drove some fans crazy with Fulmer clapping after a bad play but it's a far better way to handle things if you want your players to move on to the next play.

Greg sankey started this crap letting Texas and Oklahoma in. That sent big 12 into a scramble. Only plus is now we can get earlier game times from west coast, maybe.

I don't know how you do that, tbh. It's been ridiculously hot in a lot of Western states. A few of those games, especially at the beginning of the season, almost have to be played at night time there.

According to Swaim the ACC is set to dissolve very soon. Apparently 8 teams in the ACC have agreed to file paperwork to leave in the next 11 days

So the trick they're pulling is to dissolve rather than pay the exit fees. I bet there's 8 teams with destinations already planned. Makes sense now, why FSU fired a public warning shot and why UNC got mad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back