Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just texted the link to Spyre to a friend who is a big UT fan in Knoxville. He said he had never heard of it, but is going to check it out.
Here is the link:
Join The Volunteer Club
Go forth and do the same.
Probably so many who havent heard about it. Can’t wait to see how much the numbers go up when the advertising starts happening during games, so the word gets out there.

We need 4 regional 16 team super conferences to compete against each other in a Division 1 format in all sports.
Take the next 64 in D2
Then next 64 in D3.
This evens the playing field.
Require each D1 to sponsor a program in each division with $2 million for D2 and $1 million for D3.

We need 4 regional 16 team super conferences to compete against each other in a Division 1 format in all sports.
Take the next 64 in D2
Then next 64 in D3.
Require each D1 to sponsor a program in each division with $2 million for D2 and $1 million for D3.
@Ace
you need this avatar.........
images

Take the next 64 in D2
Then next 64 in D3.
I don’t know, I kinda think Cinderella moments like FDU upsetting Purdue are what make the sport so much fun. This throws all of that away.

Of course any judicial system has biases.

I guess you could let every school have 1 vote. Even then you'll have groups joining together.

So, again, not sure what solution is there. It will still be the schools.

As for cases, idk, but I'm sure it exists. Just not the ones people tend to mention and misunderstand (see: UNC). We seemed to get a pretty good deal, but not sure we had anyone on the inside (though Sankey helped...).
Point is everyone has lost faith in this organization. The biggest do not fear them. If it is not done away with and replaced then it needs to be completely redone.
And you’re smart enough so I expect you to come up with a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRain and Glitch
I don’t know, I kinda think Cinderella moments like FDU upsetting Purdue are what make the sport so much fun. This throws all of that away.
I just think we have to get this under control.
I have lived in Knoxville, Memphis, Alabama and now in Arkansas. Arkansas is not SEC country. We should have never let them in the SEC. Missouri and A&M are not SEC.
We need a SEC, Western Conference, Northern Conference (Big 10) and Eastern/Atlantic Conference of 16 teams each.

Last edited:
Problem is.....ya can't have both.

I am sick of adding members who don't belong for the sake of tv. I'd rather be GSU's victim once in a 100 years because I like watching upsets and I like supporting schools within our system and around the country. Lower level schools can't survive without us. If we stop playing them those teams will just cease to be. We're their athletic budget.

Still miss Dobbs but dang our OL is just awful in a lot of those clips. BGSU whipping them is embarrassing. Dobbs was papering over so many problems it isn't even funny.
Have such mixed emotions about those games. Loved watching so many of those athletes but spent most of the game yelling at the tv….what are you doing? Even I could coach better than Butch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back