Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freak posted the Vols exhibition (junket 😂) basketball game today against Lithuania U21 in Florence, if you're interested. #99

It looked like we played a high school team in a middle school gym reffed by a few guys they recruited from the local rec center.

I think it will. Already been mentioned but look at the NFL examples listed above. West coast to East Coast for 1:00 pm games give a much greater advantage to the home team. I guess we will see. I don't think USC is going to lose to Rutgers because they have to fly cross country, but there will be plenty of closer games that might be decided because of the travel involved.
Is There Still a Disadvantage for NFL West Coast Teams Traveling East? | Sports Insights

I think it affects mediocre teams a lot bc they need every advantage…. Really talented teams are not as affected…. The Rams from a couple of years ago only lost one on the road at 1 pm…. Oregon didn’t have an issue traveling to Ohio State to upset the number 3 Buckeyes… I’m sure they will work out the schedules for the top teams and teams like Rutgers will be screwed… just like always.

The Big Ten is proud of their academics and boasts about it. These commissioners throw around the term "student-athlete" a bunch. Yet, here we are with the Big Ten expanding again and taking "student-athletes" away even more from their academic responsibilities.

Classes are an issue when you are away for 2 weeks at a time. Sure, you can jump on a computer, but it's not the same as being required to show up every day. Classes and costs are both going to change.
It’s already changed a lot…. Most kids have their associates in High school…. My daughter just finished chemistry online during the summer…. My nephew is finishing up his UT degree online…. Even in the early 90’s my DR Klinginfelter chemistry class was on a tv that I watched… I never even met the guy.

We are not going to agree. I respect your opinion. I am not sure they are getting what they signed up for, but they can transfer. That travel will be brutal, any way you slice it. The traveling team is at a huge disadvantage. Look at the NFL scores for teams that travel from one coast to the other.
I actually agree with you deep down.

I'm at the IDGAF anymore if players, or others whine about stuff like this. This is want they wanted...they got it.
I'm trying to adapt the best way I can. I must be turning into @Weezer and @Ulysees E. McGill ...............;)

I actually agree with you deep down.

I'm at the IDGAF anymore if players, or others whine about stuff like this. This is want they wanted...they got it.
I'm trying to adapt the best way I can. I must be turning into @Weezer and @Ulysees E. McGill ...............;)

Whatever it is tends to be present in all of us men of a certain age.

Yes, we totally outclassed that bunch in every respect.
It not like Tennessee was suppose to play the Italian National Team this is for getting to know one another and develop as a team plus a vacation for Preacher Barnes. He actually sat in stands and let the Assistant coach play head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back