Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think it was ridiculous when players weren't able to get any remuneration for all the money they helped generate. I wasn't necessarily looking for a system however where some got a bucket full of money and others much less (like it's a professional sport).

And yes, I still like playoffs and want more teams in the playoffs. Again, I wasn't asking for Super Conferences where schools from across the country are in the same conference. I preferred regional lineups of the past.

I'm not loving the direction of college sports overall.
You get what your marketability dictates. Sounds awfully American.

Well, Arkansas is different in some ways, but there are long standing rivalries with Ole Miss that go back to the 1950's. And western Arkansas is cotton country situated in the delta and culturally very much connected to Mississippi and West Tennessee. So, there's some basis for inclusion.
Arkansas was part of the Southwestern Conference. That conference folded and basically reorganized into the Big 12 Conference. Arkansas is not an SEC team.

Arkansas was part of the Southwestern Conference. That conference folded and basically reorganized into the Big 12 Conference. Arkansas is not an SEC team.

I don't agree that they are not an SEC team. Their past doesn't have anything to do with it, and across most sports, they compete pretty well.

More true to life:

“I had a colonoscopy today, and everything came out………OK?!”
Had a colonoscopy in January, and an Endoscopy in April.

Three biopsied later, I was clear.

That's the punch line. ... there was possibility of polyp returning positive. Barrett's was also a possibility. Thank God, all was clear.

It isnt really a joke.

Had a colonoscopy in January, and an Endoscopy in April.

Three biopsied later, I was clear.

That's the punch line. ... there was possibility of polyp returning positive. Barrett's was also a possibility. Thank God, all was clear.

It isnt really a joke.
I'm surprised they didn't just do your endoscopy at the same time as your colonoscopy. It's a time and money saver.

I'm surprised they didn't just do your endoscopy at the same time as your colonoscopy. It's a time and money saver.
Wouldnt do it. Issues with level of anesthesia.

Could have something to do with off-hospital facility. CRNA is attending, not Anesthesiologist. Cant stay under for that long.... Low cost operstionally... high cost to Ins Company. Or, most likely scenario is turn em and burn em.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52

1. Big fight feel for games vs the elite of the SEC.

2. As a Vols fan, I want regional games to become rivalries.

My wants...... Get rid of Mizzu and aTm and add FSU to the West and either VA Tech or West Virginia to the East. Tell Texas and Oklahoma "no thanks, we're full".

#Save the Big 12

Hey can someone tell me if people in VA watch UVA? What are their numbers compared the that hokey bunch? Would Virginians watch UVA play a big league game? I guess we can see how many view at start of game opening week.

I guess they do okay in basketball and baseball.

Well, Arkansas is different in some ways, but there are long standing rivalries with Ole Miss that go back to the 1950's. And western Arkansas is cotton country situated in the delta and culturally very much connected to Mississippi and West Tennessee. So, there's some basis for inclusion.
Western Arkansas is not in the Delta. Eastern Arkansas is in the Delta and Fayetteville is 6 hours away.

Probably so many who havent heard about it. Can’t wait to see how much the numbers go up when the advertising starts happening during games, so the word gets out there.

I agree with this
It’s growing but it’s slow. I’ve been a member for over a yr and just lately I started watching the memberships counter on there. I swear like a month ago it was at like 2760 and now they are pushing 2900. I know there’s some donors out there throwing money around that we don’t even know about but like you I can’t wait to see some advertising here for all the regular folks. Can really make a difference.

Last edited:
Western Arkansas is not in the Delta. Eastern Arkansas is in the Delta and Fayetteville is 6 hours away.

Yes, NW Arkansas is different. But Arkansas and Ole Miss used to play at Crump Stadium in Memphis. I think my father in law mentioned this and maybe sold cokes there as a kid? Arkansas has some southern traditions.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Hey can someone tell me if people in VA watch UVA? What are their numbers compared the that hokey bunch? Would Virginians watch UVA play a big league game? I guess we can see how many view at start of game opening week.

I guess they do okay in basketball and baseball.

They're very good at basketball and baseball. They'll probably never be more than middle of the road in football but VT hasn't done much aside from the Beamer years. So VT would bring better football but UVA brings basketball and baseball and women's basketball (they were Pat's competition long before UCONN arrived on the scene and that would be a nice rivalry for the LVs, imo).

Academically, you really want UVA. It would add a ton of value on that front.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back