Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The question put to Levis was about "which is more satisfying: to throw an 80-yard touchdown, or to put together 10+-play drives that end in a touchdown that kinda leave teams drained as the 4th quarter rolls around?"

This is not what was asked.

Interviewer: "How much more satisfying is it to put together those 10-plus play drives that end in a touchdown and kind of drain teams as the 4th quarter rolls around?" That question was asked because Levis had just talked about how they needed to minimize Tennessee's offensive possessions and drain the clock. I agree that I don't think Levis was intentionally trying to take a shot at Tennessee, but he said what he said. He is the one that injected the whole "throw 80yd touchdowns" part... and big plays is kinda our thing. The entire interview was about Tennessee game prep.
No one hates Levis more than I do but even I think it's a reach to think he was taking a shot at the Vols with that quote.

Reactions: BJHSVol and SoilVol
Georgia was flagged four times for 45 yards…..not sure how many for defensive holding…. Ohio state was beating Georgia’s DBs early and often though…. Muschamp has taught that technique everywhere that he has been.
Oh, I remember OSU fans complaining about it on Twitter. I just didn’t think they did it as bad against them. But I didn’t watch it that closely or review it.

@Neyland Rising liked a comment of mine last night, so I went back and read on from his "Mehupel" post. People trying to Shiano the hire, Josh Pate was even poking the bear, 😂. Only 3-4 members were being rationale at all. . . @Bassmaster_Vol was ready to burn Neyland, then 2 minutes later talking about how good Heupel may be. @SweetasSoda talking about her excitement over his offense. A couple others trying to use reason to explain why Heupel may be a good hire, but mostly posters were curled up on a fetal position, 😂

It's wild how some of the biggest whiners were members I'd never heard of and never seen since.

It's also wild how much better Heupel has been than ANYONE thought he could be, in all respects. Is he the best hire so far in the 20's?
Wasn't ecstatic about Heupel...I was more disappointed it wasn't a couple of others that I liked, if I remember correctly.

But, after looking into it more, after he was hired, I knew Heupel was going to put points on the board, no matter what...learned that the dude knew offense, period

I had no idea we had just hired, maybe, the best offensive mind in football.

I know probably more of a long shot here. But I’m seeking 4 lower level tickets to take my son to his first game. Trying to avoid the insane fees online. I’ve cross posted on the tickets forum as well.

Please message me or DM me

Reactions: VolNash17
@Neyland Rising liked a comment of mine last night, so I went back and read on from his "Mehupel" post. People trying to Shiano the hire, Josh Pate was even poking the bear, 😂. Only 3-4 members were being rationale at all. . . @Bassmaster_Vol was ready to burn Neyland, then 2 minutes later talking about how good Heupel may be. @SweetasSoda talking about her excitement over his offense. A couple others trying to use reason to explain why Heupel may be a good hire, but mostly posters were curled up on a fetal position, 😂

It's wild how some of the biggest whiners were members I'd never heard of and never seen since.

It's also wild how much better Heupel has been than ANYONE thought he could be, in all respects. Is he the best hire so far in the 20's?
Best hire we have made since what?

Dickey in 64'?

He's got more to prove, but like Dickey he rebuilt the thing by year two.

Good to know. Was he banged up and we thought he would miss or am I just thinking of the year before? Maybe I'm just crazy...
Last year he wasn’t banged up at all. He missed 5 games out of 13 in 2021 due to an ankle. In 2020 he didn’t miss any games. So in his whole career he has had one injury.

@SweetasSoda She shoots, she scores!

I’ll say this. I know of one player who was pursued by UGA, that was completely turned off from UGA because of the environment. Not to get hyperbolic or religious, but this player is a Christian and felt very uncomfortable with the culture at Georgia.
I'm not sure any player who is extremely religious and doesn't have thick skin is going to feel comfortable at any big-time college football program, tbh. We had a kid that transferred out not too long ago under Butch because he didn't like being cussed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back