Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being a 16 year old kid and some nearly 40 year old dude makes a video like this for you.

Hope MA doesn’t see this or he may decommit.

I just decommitted and am currently laying in the road waiting for the next truck to take this embarrasment off of my soul. Bless your ever loving heart Andy. Giving your all for Tennessee sometimes backfires fellas.

If they can't handle playing for Butch then playing for Kirby or Saban is completely out of the question. The players ran the program under Butch. Not saying what happened was OK but there's a reason he ended up at a place like Duke.

The issue with Jones was the constant lying, false direction & ridicule. It became a complete mindf-ck toward the end with players not trusting him, his staff or each other.

They do that every game…. It’s how I wish we would teach our DBs…..it didn’t work as well for Georgia against Ohio state.
It doesn't work at all of the refs call it...that was the whole point....Kirby knew he was probably going to get away with it, he gambled big time on getting away with it at home.

Either way, the OL didn’t get it done. Hooker was pressured constantly and barely had any time to throw. Agreed though that our receivers were getting held some and jammed at the line. Reminded me of some of those Florida games from years ago. They pulled the same stuff.
"Held some"...Imma have to call 🦬💩 on you....it wasn't "some" it was all over the field, on every pass play, by everybody in the defensive backfield that could get their hands on somebody.

Yeah...that's what I thought it looked like too...either that or Anderson has the glassiest jaw in existence.
That fist was rotating at probably 60 mph?
Failed to "protect yourself at all times"
Man connected, opponent got dropped, it happens
Anderson found out that messing around sometimes results in your actions coming to fruit

That fist was rotating at probably 60 mph?
Failed to "protect yourself at all times"
Man connected, opponent got dropped, it happens
Anderson found out that messing around sometimes results in your actions coming to fruit
There was nothing behind that shot...Anderson IS Glass Jaw Joe.

If I was Tim Anderson I would never show my face in public again after getting slept like that.

Bro was winning, other team starts holding Jose back, Jose swings and hits him luckily in the chin. Goodnight

I’d never go out in public again.

As for the discussion yesterday. Majors wasn’t ever going to win a national championship here. Quite obvious too. He was at Tennessee for 15 years or so and just never could get over that hump. Dickey did the right thing in getting rid of him for the betterment of the program as seen in 1998. Fulmer started out really hot from 92’-04’ winning a national championship 6 years into his tenure and 80% win percentage. Then he got lazy and couldn’t hire assistants (later proven as the AD In spectacular fashion). He needed to go too clearly. Then Mike Hamilton the ultimate dumba$$ as we all know went on an idiot binge of hiring pure retards. Story of Tennessee football the last 50 years

An anthropologist, former department head at Notre Dame, now at Princeton, specializing in research on old stone age “humans”, Homo Erectus, HE-man for short, was visiting one of the many sacred forests in Asia and told this story.

For centuries pilgrims have trekked to this sacred forest to stroll among its majestic trees and watch the monkeys and other inhabitants of the woods. Vendors operating outside the forest have for ages sold the pilgrims food to take with them on their stroll. The food in times past would be wrapped in banana leaves and when the pilgrims had eaten their food they’d just throw the banana leaves onto the forest floor where in time the leaves would decay and nourish the forest.

As society progressed plastic took the place of the banana leaves, but the plastic doesn’t decompose as the leaves had done. The plastic began to accumulate in the forest soil and choke out the life of the forest. It began to die. The anthropologist, speaking with the official responsible for the forest, urged that laws be passed to protect the forest.

The official broke out in hilarious laughter. The anthropologist was stunned. He wanted to know what was so funny about this life and death situation. The official replied that if you want to change people’s behavior you aren’t going to do that by passing laws. He said the only way to change people’s behavior is to change what they believe.

The anthropologist after much consideration developed a definition for belief. He said belief is the ability to combine histories and experiences with imagination, to look beyond the here and now. It enables humans to see, feel, and know an idea that is not immediately present to the senses, then wholly invest in making that idea one’s reality.

In Danny White’s recent announcement regarding revenue for the athletic department he noted that we have 500 donors that each are contributing at least $25,000 per year. Spyre Sports in the summer reported that we had around 2,800 members of the Volunteer Club and the average contribution was $36 per month.

Obviously, we have some of the bigger donors helping out with NIL because memberships are raising around $1,300,000 per year but since NIL became a thing we’ve raised over 10 times that amount. The idea behind building out the membership of the Volunteer Club is to create a broad base of supporters so that the program is sustainable in the long run. Some programs around the country have already reported donor fatigue among their deep pocket donors. Our deep pocket guys are trying to buy us time to get our broad base of support in place and of course kudos to the Captains who are selflessly working to get that base built.

When I was a kid growing up in the 60’s and 70’s one of the gifts my mom would always give me at Christmas time was an annual subscription to Sports Illustrated. I was thinking perhaps one of the ways we could increase our numbers is to give our kids and nephews and nieces a Volunteer Club membership as one of their many gifts we provide during the holidays. Even though it didn’t cost a lot I always considered my subscription to SI a major gift and I’m pretty sure kids today, kids that love our Big Orange sports teams, would likely feel the same joy and sense of value from a membership in the Volunteer Club. jmo.

Clearly not everyone is in a position to support NIL and maybe some have an aversion to the idea of NIL. Still there are others who have jumped on board and are building this thing and make no mistake about it, this thing is not being built for the players or even the university. It’s being built by the fans for the fans. This is our sport programs, our football team, basketball teams, baseball and softball teams, etc. Without the fans, who cares? CBS recently said our sports programs were collectively No. 1 among all of the colleges in the nation. That doesn’t happen without our fans so to all of our fans and specifically to every single one who has become a member of the Volunteer Club, on behalf of our over 4,000,000 fans here in Tennessee, across the country, and around the world, I just want to say thank you and to convey how much your shared support for our teams is genuinely appreciated.

Many believe we at Tennessee can have the absolute best NIL program in the country. I know a lot of you guys believe this and are invested in making that idea our reality. So again, thank you. If you know of fans that are helping out that don’t frequent our forum I think we’d all be grateful if you would convey our thanks and appreciation to them as well. #GBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back