Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Nahhh not triggered. Just hate a liar. Especially one who so blatantly wouldn’t just own up to it. Have a good night Weez-el.

Well yeah...they were classic rock of the greatest time in music we may ever see.

Nothing in the 80s or 90s can touch that era. Pretty rough years culturally speaking. Ugly cars, fashion, and meh music overall, though of course there was some redeeming music along the way.
Are you serious? Is that comment for real?

The 1980 Trans Am is one the most beautiful, bad ass cars ever to be made, not to mention 80s Monte Carlo's and Lincolns. The 90s...yeah, not so much.

Some of the best country music ever heard was early 80s; and, bands like Talking Heads and New Order hit their strides...and, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones ruled the world. Not only did the 90s have the great early music, but they gave birth to My Morning Jacket, The Strokes, The White Stripes, and I could go on.

Many films of those decades STILL hold up, with no movie being made before or since, as funny as 1987's Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, along with Vacation (1983), Christmas Vacation (1989), Uncle Buck (1989), and The Great Outdoors (1988).

And, do I have to mention three of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever laid eyes and hears on: Blade Runner (1982), Goodfellas (1990), and Fargo (1996). I definitely could go on here.

As for the fashion? Love it or hate it, there's a reason trends keep going back to BOTH the 80s and 90s.

I'd say they redeemed themselves pretty well.

Oh, I almost forgot...one of my five favorite books of all time was published in 1987, The Bonfire Of The Vanities. I could go on here, as well.

I knew I recognized Weez...
Pauly-Shore---His-First-Big-Break.jpg
'Look dahlin', John-ny Weezah.'

'Deadliest pistolier since wild Bill they say.'

'Should I hate him?'

'You dont even know him.'

'I dont know there's just somethin' about him. Sumthan around the eyes...'IMG_0428.gif

'Age quod ages...'

'En vino veritas.'

'That's latin dahlin', evidently Mistah Weezhah is an educated man.'

IMG_3217.gif

Apologies if my memory is off. Its been a night or two since my last viewing. (Edit: yup its off)

IMG_3218.gif

Last edited:

The 1980 Trans Am is one the most beautiful, bad ass cars ever to be made, not to mention 80s Monte Carlo's and Lincolns. The 90s...yeah, not so much.

Some of the best country music ever heard was early 80s; and, bands like Talking Heads and New Order hit their strides...and, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones ruled the world. Not only did the 90s have the great early music, but they gave birth to My Morning Jacket, The Strokes, The White Stripes, and I could go on.

Many films of those decades STILL hold up, with no movie being made before or since, as funny as 1987's Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, along with Vacation (1983), Christmas Vacation (1989), Uncle Buck (1989), and The Great Outdoors (1988).

And, do I have to mention three of the greatest cinematic masterpieces ever laid eyes and hears on: Blade Runner (1982), Goodfellas (1990), and Fargo (1996). I definitely could go on here.

As for the fashion? Love it or hate it, there's a reason trends keep going back to BOTH the 80s and 90s.

Someone has a crush on John Candy. Don't leave out Stripes, Splash, Brewster's Millions, Space Balls, Blues Brothers, Cool Runnings, Home Alone... Just masterpieces.

Is there a particular reason why you flat out lied about what I said? Weezer……Volnations most beloved liar.
😒. Please leave weezie alone. Back and forth is something we do on here all the time. Makes it interesting, please don’t call out Weezie as a liar. I know that’s the one thing he isn’t. He’ll be a straight shooter on posts and loves to debate (that’s the part he enjoys), but he’s no liar. Debate with me, I sure as hell can take and will give as much as I got like he does.

Oh ok, lol. I think he will too. Yes I sure did....the fried chicken spot was really good, I forgot the name. Then I went to a burger spot that was Suggested in the other chat. Then me, Cam and his mom went to some spot on the water, that was really nice.
Sounds like Gus’s, Calhoun’s on the river and I hope Littons?

Nahhh not triggered. Just hate a liar. Especially one who so blatantly wouldn’t just own up to it. Have a good night Weez-el.
And I hate people coming on here and singing the praises of Saban while bashing our own. My mistake, you didn't say he was ethical, just more ethical than Phil and some others. You downplayed his cheating. There, that make you happy. You'll have better luck singing the praises of Saban on a Bammer board. There's nothing ethical about Saban.

Oh, I almost forgot...one of my five favorite books of all time was published in 1987, The Bonfire Of The Vanities. I could go on here, as well.
Saturday morning cartoons
WWF wrestling
Empire Strikes Back
Nintendo

And AirWolf

Joe Schoen discusses expectations for rookie WR Jalin Hyatt

Joe Schoen discusses expectations for rookie WR Jalin Hyatt
Steve Samra•08/07/23
Jalin-Hyatt.jpg
© Danielle Parhizkaran/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK
Joe Schoen delivered Giants quarterback Daniel Jones a gift at the 2023 NFL Draft, selecting former Tennessee Volunteers wide receiver Jalin Hyatt in the third round.
Entering his rookie season, some believer Hyatt can explode onto the scene in the NFL. Joining The Rich Eisen Show on Monday, Schoen elaborated on how Hyatt’s been fitting in as a rookie in New York thus far.
“He’s strung together — he’s another guy that the last three or four days, has really elevated his game,” Schoen said. “And again, these guys are young, specifically the rookies, they have a lot to learn. Learn how to be pros, how we do things, our process, our culture. So he’s done a good job. He’s come a long way from the spring. We expect him to continue to mature, and learn the plays and get in the playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back