Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the capacity for the stadium was larger than 60k, now tickets will be ridiculously expensive

Titans will suck and you can pick some up on the cheap in the secondary market when season ticket holders are desperate to recoup even a little of their costs.

SIAP

Tennessee is working to get Chris Cole to OV here for the Austin Peay game before he announcing on sept 10th. As of now, it looks like it will happen.

AP

Thanks, Jimmy.
yes-were-aware-of-that-james-t-kirk.gif

I'm not sure what the jackpot was but I'm guessing close to 2 billion. Let's just say 1.4 billion. 50% tax woukd get you 700 mill. So how is 38% equal to getting 600 mill? I'm asking because I have no clue about this
The lump sum payment is about half. Then you would have to pay taxes. So if the lottery was $1.5bil. The lump sum payment would be around $750mil. Then you’d had to pay 24% in federal taxes and any state taxes as well if applicable. Lottery is a scam. It’s the government taking money from the people.

The lump sum payment is about half. Then you would have to pay taxes. So if the lottery was $1.5bil. The lump sum payment would be around $750mil. Then you’d had to pay 24% in federal taxes and any state taxes as well if applicable. Lottery is a scam. It’s the government taking money from the people.
24% federal tax rate? Dream on.

Reactions: Devo182
That's an impossible bar though.

I was revisiting he and Aronofsky's film lists a couple month ago. Dear lord those 2 have been killing it for a few decades now with very few misses as directors.

Christopher Nolan

Darren Aronofsky
Meh. To hear you describe them, you'd think they'd done The Great Outdoors, or Uncle Buck.

Reactions: Glitch and Devo182
Someone mention hot rockers? I submit Nita Strauss
View attachment 568731

Not so much "hot" in the model sense like posted above, but some dope women of rock whose music is great:

Paz Lenchantin:
(Pixies, A Perfect Circle, Entrance Band...she's a legend...)
HrD49X8.jpg

Tash Sultana:
tash-sultana.jpg

Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast and a best-selling author (very good writer for folks that enjoy musical autobiographies...have been reading her's and Moby's recently):

00-story-japanese-breakfast.jpg

The IRS has never purchased a lottery ticket but wins every time.

100% odds.

Not so much "hot" in the model sense like posted above, but some dope women of rock whose music is great:

Paz Lenchantin:
View attachment 568814

Tash Sultana:
View attachment 568815

Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast and a best-selling author (very good writer for folks that enjoy musical autobiographies...have been reading her's and Moby's recently):

View attachment 568816
Uuuh where is Joan Jett is this discussion???

Paz Lenchantin:
View attachment 568814

Tash Sultana:
View attachment 568815

View attachment 568816

If ya know, ya know!

DiEGtkTXcAAhzh3.jpg_large.jpg

Rush is my VN signature
we have assumed control 2112 2023
True story:

Geddy Lee originally thought they were being included in "I Love You Man" as a joke about them and thought they were going to be made fun of. Didn't know the director was a huge fan and it was more of a tribute to them...

...and strangely it ended up leading to a Rush Revival.

Lol 24%. If only. That's merely the required witholding for those that take the cash option.

Top tax bracket is 37% last I saw. So, effective tax rate of...well...36.99% or so.

Yes the cash option is much less than the annuity option, that much should be obvious. All lotteries are based on annuity payouts. I think the cash option is favorable though, given the imputed annuity interest rate (something like only 4-4.5%).

But yes, all "legalized gambling" via the state is a tax on the mathematically inclined.

The best one can do is buy tickets centered around a $600 million dollar payout. The -EV drops close to 0. Enough to warrant an "entertainment expense" for some. Spend $20 at -EV of $2...most can swallow that. It's the ones that spend $20 a week at -EV of $19 week after week you really wonder about.

As for the "government taking money from people" - I'd say it is people voluntarily (albeit maybe misinformed? Or maybe not sadly) throwing money away and into the futures of college students. Often the poorest...funding the future of young folks, many already better off than those buying tickets. Still a money funnel upwards I do agree. But that's folks' choice. At least legalize poker (a game of long-term skill) and stop being hypocrites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volunteer821
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back