Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, then you get taxed even more as time goes by. Probably end up losing around a total of 38% of the $600m in taxes.
If you took the cash option and invested, you'd only be taxed in the future on capital gains and interest on investments (assuming you invested and didn't just take the cash option only to screw yourself over)

If you took the annuity, then there wouldn't be the initial 24% withholding, then your annuity payouts would be taxed as regular income.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
View attachment 568822

Cash lump sum reduction eats you up before federal taxes
There's no "eat up" though. The winnings are based on an annuity (30 years I believe). It says so on every ticket last I saw.

You can take the annuities and receive the full amount over time. But given the Time Value of Money, it is meant to be a wash. If you took the cash and invested at a measly 4-4.5% return, you'd end up with more or less the same amount 30 years later in theory.

A Huddle House?
nope-no.gif

If you took the cash option and invested, you'd only be taxed in the future on capital gains and interest on investments (assuming you invested and didn't just take the cash option only to screw yourself over)

If you took the annuity, then there wouldn't be the initial 24% withholding, then your annuity payouts would be taxed as regular income.
$615 million coming out before I touched it...I will call eaten up...that's the lump sum

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back