Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to the practice reports this week, we are either starting Lane at C and Karvic at LG, or Lane at LG and Nichols at C
Nichols will get the start at center if CM can’t. Doubt we really need Coop until UF. But it would be nice to have some game reps.

Practice reports are hilarious.

Guy 1: X wasn't at practice today.
Guy 2: X had a great practice today.

Guy 1: Y looked great throwing the ball. Very accurate. Z had a single drop... not a good sign and might lose his scholarship now.
Guy 2: Y was up and down throwing. Had good throws and bad throws. Z has amazing hands and almost reeled in a tough ball off the mark.

Bonus: Folks in the FF talking about Okoye learning how to catch a football. I've seen comments about "just move him to defense he can't catch" "a TE that can't catch" etc. He's still learning the game. Get him on the jugs machine 3 times a day and have him carry a ball around campus. You can learn to catch a dang ball lmao
Okoye is the biggest steal no one is talking much about. Coaches love him. Dude is going to be a monster.

Yeah I wonder how much weight he can put on during rhe season

Feels like players never develop much physically during the year
I'd say its hard to add during the season with practice/conditioning, etc. Every ounce would help him. They probably want another 15-20lbs on him ASAP.

"Besides Bama and maybe UGA, who is better than your run of the mill ACC team..."

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Also, hernias don't just pop up over night, do they? If not, I wonder why this wasn't addressed in the spring. Maybe it just started to develop recently and they're fixing it early.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I can't remember. He looked good enough in the spring. Probably wouldn't happen though. All the window lickers would be out in full force if Heupel plugged in Moore instead of Nico.
I’m a cash money fan but he was brought here to be a third string emergency qb….. I doubt there is any chance of him being ahead of Nico on the depth chart…. Spring games tell you absolutely nothing.

Reactions: bpvol and drvenner
It was ALLEGED….I should have said alleged in fairness to the man, to have happened between the 97-98 season. The internet wasn’t what it is now. I first heard about it around 2002. If I get a chance with work today I’ll look and see if the story I saw is still up.

I have a hard time believing it given everything I know about Fulmer and how he did things. I had a relative who was a hostess and resident assistant. A recruit was getting too feely with one of them and Fulmer sent him home then and there. Of course, that's not something that makes the rumor mill because it's someone doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back