Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP. Really high ceiling, but lack of experience has him with a ways to go to get there. Since he had his choice of O or D I wonder if he could end up on special teams.
I think he plays this year. He is a freak. Big praise. Also, Milton crushing it. Hearing people say he could be the best QB in the country this year if he continues playing like he has. Could be a fun season if true.

Nichols will get the start at center if CM can’t. Doubt we really need Coop until UF. But it would be nice to have some game reps.
Don’t think that’s a certainty. As VQ implied, Ollie Lane has the mental advantage that the position necessitates being a 6th year veteran.

Heup on Nico getting better

“You gotta grow. You gotta grow. You gotta be pushed. We install it. He’s running everything, man. You know, you’ve heard me say that when they finish spring ball, when they come back beginning training camp, they should be a different player. He’s a different player,” Heupel said of Iamaleava. “He’s got great command in understanding what we’re doing, understands protections, understands how he’s gotta get us out of could be run-run checks, pass-run checks, whatever it might be.

“He hasn’t been perfect, but he’s grown. One of the things that we talked about is not making the same mistake twice. He doesn’t make the same mistake twice. He learns from it. There’s a rep yesterday, as he’s going through his reading progression, tight window on the inside, throws the ball while he’s standing in the pocket. You can see him visually like, hey man, I should have got out to the next one outside. He’s intentional and has great work habits.”

I have a hard time believing it given everything I know about Fulmer and how he did things. I had a relative who was a hostess and resident assistant. A recruit was getting too feely with one of them and Fulmer sent him home then and there. Of course, that's not something that makes the rumor mill because it's someone doing the right thing.
Phillip might’ve been a bit shady on the recruiting trail (who isn’t that is successful winning a national championship lol). But never heard anything bad from anyone in regards about his personality, character and treating people right. He’s a good fella

when i won the 900,000,000 lottery i took the lump sum and after all the taxes and the check services and handler services and transportation services and state fees and so on, and so on, and so on, i was left with 25 dollars, which i donated to vol club

Thank you for your service

Don’t think that’s a certainty. As VQ implied, Ollie Lane has the mental advantage that the position necessitates being a 6th year veteran.
Lane gives his all and works damn hard, he’s just not as physically gifted as the others which is why I think he will be surpassed. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Glitch
I have a hard time believing it given everything I know about Fulmer and how he did things. I had a relative who was a hostess and resident assistant. A recruit was getting too feely with one of them and Fulmer sent him home then and there. Of course, that's not something that makes the rumor mill because it's someone doing the right thing.
Not saying Fulmer had the conversation he's accused of, but when it comes to a ball coach, the stories aren't mutually exclusive. To the touchy player: "Go home before you do something that'll keep you off the field, moron." To the girl's mom, "Let's not do anything that would keep him off the field."

Again, not saying Fulmer did that. I'm just saying that the actions of a coach, when it comes to his winning % and player eligibility, aren't mutually exclusive.

Just watched the Netflix on Johny Football, and it's amazing how the coaches being interviewed were as matter of fact as they were about their view on Manziel. Basically, he was a lot of baggage, and doing stupid things that would have had others kicked off the team. But coaches have contracts and Universities have donors, so TAMU sold their soul to that alcoholic, party-boy who was thumbing his nose at the NCAA.

Phillip might’ve been a bit shady on the recruiting trail (who isn’t that is successful winning a national championship lol). But never heard anything bad from anyone in regards about his personality, character and treating people right. He’s a good fella

Having known him for 45 years (he was friends with my Dad) this is all true. He certainly wasn't more shady than others on the recruiting trail. They all did that.

There has been discussion that it's going to be really poorly executed.

Oh I hope not. What have you heard? Honestly, I want EA to really take advantage of the new tech. They can be far more creative than they've been in the past, though with EA it really depends. Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor were amazing but they also were very un-EA like games. A college game would allow them to creatively monetize (sell advertisers on stadium commercials/announcer commercials without having to monetize things that drive players insane).

Oh I hope not. What have you heard? Honestly, I want EA to really take advantage of the new tech. They can be far more creative than they've been in the past, though with EA it really depends. Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor were amazing but they also were very un-EA like games. A college game would allow them to creatively monetize (sell advertisers on stadium commercials/announcer commercials without having to monetize things that drive players insane).
It is supposedly Madden with an NCAA Football name thrown on it.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Lane gives his all and works damn hard, he’s just not as physically gifted as the others which is why I think he will be surpassed. Just my opinion.
At LG I agree...as the season progresses. At center short term and IMMEDIATELY? I don't. "Physically gifted" doesn't lead the scouting report on Cooper Mays imofwiw.

Last edited:
Yes. If Nico were to tear his ACL or achilles and be out for the year, then Moore could possibly be QB2 behind Milton. Otherwise, he won't be.
ricky-bobby.gif

I think he plays this year. He is a freak. Big praise. Also, Milton crushing it. Hearing people say he could be the best QB in the country this year if he continues playing like he has. Could be a fun season if true.

Haven't you heard? He has no OL to block for him and he will be running for his life from snap #1. Will be lucky to survive the season at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back