Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Heupel would be a 8-4 coach fun offense maybe an upset here and there (Kiffin basically lol) but so far he’s surpassed that and some. If Tennessee can keep getting top 10 classes then he’ll set Tennessee up well to reasonably compete in the new tougher sec.
I'm not sure he's surpassed it yet. Kiffin had a 10-win season his second year as well. I think it's all about sustaining (and I have every reason to believe Heupel will sustain).

Reactions: VolNash17
No tiers in the recruiting forum football talk thread. If you found your way here, you’ve achieved the highest tier.

Edit: That doesn’t necessarily mean we like you, but congrats, you made it.
There’s a lot of blue font hanging around in here, WAIT, Should I have added blue font? I’m confused once again.

If my kid is considering the offer, I've already failed. :)

In all seriousness, I'd have a strong preference they go to UT and if not UT then to go to an exclusive academic institution but if they said, "look my goal is to do x and y and I can only do that at place x," I'd probably tell them I thought they were choosing poorly but it's their decision not mine. I sure wouldn't manipulate them to the point where they stayed away from me for 3 days and then did what I wanted because I basically forced them into it (and that would've been especially true back then because not even cost of attendance was covered - you still needed either Pell Grants, Student Loans and/or help to attend even if you had tuition covered. Whether it's for sport, academics, or straight into a career, being happy where you are and feeling like you had some control over your destiny helps you succeed.

Whew. The teenager years with my son, single mother, Whew again. Ive earned that right. I had it all worked out for him, right in front of him, to go to UT. He was and is, certainly smart enough, but he knew better 😒 (and a Florida fan to boot and to pizz me off). I was a single mom, working two jobs and going to school at night two days a week. Though he has a great job now making more than I do and has rid himself of that blue and lighter than pink color team and roots for the true orange.

Yeah he is killing it

I feel like we should still be able to claim him
For sure, he transferred after he graduated (plus I think he was encouraged to leave by pruitt), so I think he is still a VFL. If you graduate from here and then transfer or are given the git then I think you’re still a vfl

I thought Heupel would be a 8-4 coach fun offense maybe an upset here and there (Kiffin basically lol) but so far he’s surpassed that and some. If Tennessee can keep getting top 10 classes then he’ll set Tennessee up well to reasonably compete in the new tougher sec.
Nobody will consider Tennessee an easy out

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back